New Adventures Await in EQ Worlds!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Jul 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roshen Brand Manager

The mobile app EQ Worlds offers quests, rewards, and lore for the games in the EverQuest franchise: EverQuest, EverQuest II, Landmark, and EverQuest Next. The app has just received a new update!

[IMG]

This update includes:
    • A new mini-game, Hero of Kelethin
    • A new trivia game, Loremaster
    • A new questline, High Achiever
    • New rewards!

The Hero of Kelethin mini-game awards an EverQuest “Visage of Farfathom” illusion, shown here:

[IMG]

If you complete the High Achiever quest line, you will receive “Stewie the Stirge” pet for EverQuest II:

[IMG]

And if you master the Loremaster trivia (based on the EverQuest Next ebooks), you’ll get a “Colonist’s Flight Suit (Hot Pink)” to wear in Landmark:

[IMG]

The app is available for FREE in both the App Store (iOS) and on Google Play (Android).
  2. Casidia Augur

Oh mobile games...just what any mmo needs.
    Must be the big future Smed talks about, i could imagine selling this to kids instead of candy.
  3. Slambit Journeyman

bah not redeemable on lockjaw :mad:
  4. Numiko Augur

I don't own a smart phone :(
    Nightmares likes this.
  5. Slasher Augur

why eq worlds :) Just convert EQ to mobile its not like the game cant run on most tablets anyway :)
    Motherlee likes this.
  6. Milfurd Augur

Neither do I. Nor do I plan on buying a smart phone.
    SithWizard and Nightmares like this.
  7. Velnarin Lorekeeper

I'd manage some excitement about this if the reward were something many of us didn't already have. Visage of Farfathom was a reward in 2012 for liking EQ on Facebook as I recall. Now, while it's nice to have another way to obtain it, and the game itself should be its own reward, EQ Worlds up until now has been torture for most to slog through. If you really want people to experience what you worked hard to make and show off that it's really improved, you may want to offer something anyone can benefit from. That said, I'm glad the attempt is being made to improve the app.
  8. Qbert Gallifreyan

Hey, another tallymark for someone who neither has nor will ever own a mobile device of any kind. I am not complaining, but it sure would be nice if you could make this available to other platforms (pc flash or something basic) . . . I would like to read the lore hinted at if nothing else.
    Nightmares likes this.
  9. Eluwenie Augur

How about a fix for the reward "The Enemy of My Enemy"? I contacted the actual maker of the game twice, and this was a couple months ago. Daybreak told me to go them, did that, no response. Also defending the castle from the gnolls needs a fix, somehow they keep going through the bombs on the field and they shouldn't.
  10. Kalgor the Mad New Member

Why can't we redeem this on TLPs? It has nothing to do with game balance... its just cosmetic fluff.

Fail.
  11. WebNinja New Member

@Roshen, I downloaded this app about a week ago and started doing all the quests. On the "Heroic Journey", Step 1 and Step 8 do not work. It looks like it's trying to connect to SOE login servers and not daybreak maybe? It gets stuck every time you try to send user name and password. Anyway it can be fixed? I'm on iOS btw
  12. WebNinja New Member

@Roshen, also, Step 5 on "Heroic Journey" crashes the app every time you hit Verify.
  13. Nightmares Augur

Another that does not have a smartphone. Seems a bit scandalous.... =-P
  14. Hostile Meat Wizard Elder

Those of you who are bemoaning your lack of a smartphone.... well, don't do it on account of this app.

This so-called game is basically just a poorly-disguised social marketing promotion tool. The so-called quests mostly consist of it telling you to follow AND THEN promote (i.e. spam likes for) various Daybreak products on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook. Then there's the part where you have to hunt down images on the web or in games you probably don't even have installed to scan them with your phone's camera (which usually doesn't work -- just read the reams of negative posts about that). The only semi-decent part is the mini games, and they're just lame clones of Mastermind, Match 3 games and whatnot. The trivia is OK, I guess, but it's either extremely obvious or it's concerning some game you've never played.

Seriously, read through the hundreds of 1-star reviews on the Google Play store (it has 452 1-star reviews and only 317 5-stars, that should tell you something right there) -- ignore the dozens of reports about it crashing and just concentrate on the ones talking about the game itself -- and then decide if you're missing anything worthwhile (hint: you're not).

Oh, and I would ordinarily suggest that you smartphone-less folks get an Android (Bluestacks is a good one) to try it out anyway just to see for yourselves how awful it really is but this app crashes as soon as you try to run it. :rolleyes:
    Motherlee likes this.
  15. afai New Member

Honestly disappointing app and rewards... Should make an app more in-game related and not put those usual mindless mobile games and marketing ploys. There are so many other things that can be done and this would be the worst of it.
  16. Eluwenie Augur

I do have an Android phone and downloaded this app. Actually the rewards were pretty decent for the most part and I finished about 90% of what they had prior to the update. Such as a free mount (which is actually a balloon I can use in EQ with rotating fan on my back, so much faster than any other mounts I had, not to mention very smooth, no worries about bobbing up and down with other mounts and making me feel kinda nauseating (sp). Another reward was 250 SC (DBC) which I found very nice. One was also a reward for 1 free Potion of Adventure, which is nice as well. Most rewards can be used with either EQ 1 or 2 actually. Some are Landmark only, which is kind of a bummer, but for all the hard work and effort/brainpower that goes into getting a lot of beating the games and the mini ones at that I find overall well worth it, yes there are some "bugs" that still need worked out, and I still get that darn screen for when I have my reward as "The Enemy of my Enemy" it goes to a Daybreak site that says it's under maintenance (sp). It's done that since I got the reward months ago, and I still never actually received it. I e-mailed Sony, Daybreak and they both told me to e-mail the actual studio maker, which I did, I never got a response and never a fix for that reward. :( As a side note, that was a very hard reward to actually manage, but still never received it.
  17. Iila Augur

Just a wild guess here, but for some reason, I doubt that people who don't own smart phones are going to be installing and configuring an android .
    ImSorryButIHadTo likes this.
  18. Hostile Meat Wizard Elder

You're clearly missing the point, because that makes no sense whatsoever. The allows you to run mobile apps and games without having a smartphone -- that's pretty much the entire point of it in the first place: it gives you access to stuff on your desktop which would otherwise be unavailable to you (such as this EQ app, if it weren't so crash-prone). I used one for a long time before I got my N6, because my old not-quite-so-smart phone couldn't run modern apps and games very well, if at all.

And I still use it now (although considerably less often now that I do have a real smartphone) for some games where using a mouse is easier than pawing at the screen of my phone.
  19. WebNinja New Member

This app was originally designed as a marketing tool to be used during one of the EQ convention years ago. So, you can't get mad that it's a marketing tool, lol. The rewards aren't that bad, the mount you get it pretty nice. Plus, one of them gives you a Draught of the Craftsman. That alone is worth it all. I will rant a little and say that the quests use to also be worth a good bit of Station Cash (now, Daybreak Cash) too. Now, you get none. I feel a little robbed there. I think if they fix the crashing bugs and so you could finish the rest of the quests it will do what it was built to do. Give you a little of the lore while spreading a little bit of free advertising while you earn a few decent rewards.
  20. wizen New Member

When are you going to make this available on the Windows phone?????????????
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.