Holly Gate?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Bole, Jul 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bole New Member

forgive me if it is all ready been posted but has there been an update as to the HollyGate? did she apologize? did DBG reprimand her? was she speaking for DBG when she was quoted?
  2. Sinestre Journeyman

She responded about the "one account per computer server" saying that it was "all context folks" I don't think I ever saw her or anyone else mention her "casuals" comment.
  3. Naelbis Elder

They are trying to pretend it didn't happen...
  4. Mad Bro New Member

She should apologize because she said you shouldn't be able to kill the end game content without resistance?
  5. Machen New Member

She should apologize because casuals need to feel coddled, and she didn't coddle them.
  6. Sinestre Journeyman

I don't think she should have to apologize for her opinion at all. She's entitled to it. However, good business is PR, not honesty. To be fair though, that entire blog/post/article was poorly quoted. At times you couldn't tell exactly when she was being quoted or when they were inserting their own opinion.
    Steampunk likes this.
  7. Ugazod New Member

It was a stupid comment on her part, if it was a real quote and even if she feels that way. Carnies never tell you directly that they think you are an idiot for playing their rigged games, they just take your cash.
  8. Rananena Journeyman

That's not what she said. She said casuals shouldn't be allowed to fight Nagafen.

Anyone should be allowed to fight the content. No one should be allowed to beat it if they aren't capable. I'd say most casuals are capable of beating the current end game content, it isn't that hard.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  9. Ducreux Augur

She's focused on EQ2 TLP now, if you thought they were going to continue to pay attention to this server for the rest of it's life you haven't been playing their games that long.
  10. Sinestre Journeyman

Ya open beta for the EQ2 TLP servers went live today so I'm sure they have their hands full.
  11. Moebius8 Lorekeeper

She should apologize because insulting 85% of your customer base is never a good idea. I will lol like a mad man once we get into real content and these "raiding" guilds fall apart. Once we get into instanced content you hardcores never seem ableto hang anymore.
  12. taliefer Augur

its her viewpoint and opinion. she shouldnt have to apologize for it.

i think its a remarkably stupid opinion, and it irritated me greatly and still does. but why should she apologize?
  13. Tarrin Augur

lol at thinking 85% of a TLP server is "casual".
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  14. Tharrg Augur

yeah your right... maybe 90% as most people join up to have fun and not to Raid...
  15. Tarrin Augur

You are confusing casuals with raiders.
  16. Vaclav Augur

Under her definition - to make her statement fit the reality of the servers, it apparently is at least that - if not more.
  17. Tarrin Augur

Nope. Using her statement (pertaining to casuals not being allowed to kill Naggy) does not mean that every single person not raiding is a casual.

I know many people that play EQ multiple hours a day and do not raid. They are not casual.
  18. Roshen Brand Manager

Closing this duplicate thread down.

When we close a thread, that doesn't mean open a new one.
    Sinzz, Kolani and Sheex like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.