Ragefire/Lockjaw Kunark Poll Results

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Aristo, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Numiko Augur

small correction, the Vote will be in three months, it is not automatic. That vote can fail which would result in more time stuck in classic for Ragefire.
    Frenzic likes this.
  2. Weverley Augur

Well i'm glad im on a raiding guild on LJ and 80% of the characters are main accounts.
  3. Skipper Augur

The vote is NOT in three months, and it's virtually automatic. Polls close and Kunark will open on RF, 3:00 AM EST September 7th, unless they need to do it manually, and then would be a few hours later. And expect RF to vote in Velious three months after that.

And yes, the Devs said free transfers both ways, so pick your server speed of choice.
  4. Darth Augur

So your solution is to bring all these people to Lockjaw so this server suffers the same crap? No thanks man, re-roll or deal with it.

Also we have plenty of 6 boxers as well.

Not 6 months was the majority. Keeping the timeline intact was actually the minority.

Nice try though, also go ahead an re-roll you'll be happier for it.
  5. Katmandu26 Augur

So your solution for your lower population server - which is going to end up like Vulak and be dead within a few years at its current rate - is to make people suck it up, reroll, and not offer free transfers? For the life of me, I will never understand this mentality. The server needs more bodies, and offering free transfers will fix that.
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  6. Bryant Journeyman

the grass is always greener until you get there and realize there is no water to feed that grass.
  7. Xanadas Augur

This thread is pointless. Server transfers are coming anyway and server transfers will do nothing to change multiboxing.

Try again to drag boxers thru the mud, OP....
  8. Nenake Elder

Trying to stir stuff up. He makes a post then doesn't respond to it at all
  9. Darth Augur

You want 6 months of classic. There is a server that has 5 months more of classic. Instead of roll on that server, and experience 5 more months of classic, instead you're gonna wait until it's easy mode and you get handed a free ride.

If you're not willing to re-roll like EVERYONE else on the server did then I don't think you'll fit in with the server anyway.
    Vaclav likes this.
  10. Shalka Lorekeeper

Per my post Lol Not stiring anything up (has a real life to attend to as well, sorry for delayed response nenake), for those of you on LJ it doesn't it seems like you have to deal with the server coming down 2-4 times a week and getting rolled back 1-2 hours each time it goes down. all i was trying to get at was a sooner Xfer (which i would Love because i am a casual player and re-rolling after getting my first toon to 40 and farming all my gear was alot of fun but by no means do i want to start completely from scratch again.) Ragefire seems to have A much higher population and there is Alot Of people 10-20 boxing on this server. (Granted I'm sure lockjaw does too but it isn't to the point where the server is coming down alot per week for some odd reason) And honestly i'm not against boxing at all. but 6-20 boxing with 3rd party programs shouldn't be allowed "IMO", By all means Box if your going to actually play the toon (i will eventually 2 box because i will play both toons by alt tabbing).... not press 1 key for 6-20 characters to all Nuke etc.... by no means do i want more 6 boxers on lockjaw either but untill DB does something it is inevitable. Not sure why this is allowed in the first place but i know alot of people are fed up with ragefire so "when" they do open up xfer i will be there asap.. Was simply posting on this forum to see who else out of the Casual player on RF were fed up and had the intentions in coming to LJ. (RF went down again today with a rollback And i know a lot of people were bringing all this up in chat so i created the forum of mine accordingly to address it and let people vent there frusterations in a positive way) Not trying to offend anyone or bash boxers or Promote more 6 boxers on lockjaw just putting my 2 cents in.
  11. Agrippa Augur

I can't speak for Vulak, but it's pretty laughable to think that Lockjaw *needs* character transfers or anyone rerolling. It may not be quite as overcrowded as Ragefire, but it's still overcrowded. Both of the new servers have far greater populations than Fippy or any of the classic ones did and all of those were overcrowded. Instancing helps a bit in a couple of the more popular zones, but for quite a few of them, the number needed to start a new instance is set *way* too low. Trying to get a camp to see possible upgrades from is an act of frustration on Lockjaw.
  12. Katmandu26 Augur

Saying "go away or start over" doesn't help anyone who spent money on station store items and came back to the game to "play like it's 1999" as DB advertised. They expected 6 months and free transfers provide that to them at no extra cost.

Would you rather they just quit playing, have DB more money, and have less left for development and maintenance? Telling players to suck it up and start over if they don't like it is never the answer and a very bad way to run a business. Whether you like it or not, DB is a business and driving customers away is a bad, bad idea that trickles down to all of us.

Assuming anyone who doesn't agree with you belongs on X server is also pretty small minded. People belong where they are happy playing.
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  13. Katmandu26 Augur

I would respectfully disagree. I spent all day yesterday on Lockjaw and the newbie zones were dead, even with all of the people supposedly already rerolling and the fact that it was a holiday weekend. A lower population can be a very bad thing a few years down the road. It's easy to see that right now, all you have to do is create a character on Vulak.
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  14. Katmandu26 Augur

I agree. Anyone serious about having mage armies on LJ isn't going to be hampered by a small thing like server transfers. As I've previously stated, they can have a 6 or 12 box army up and running at max level in 72 hours. It happened on both servers.

Stopping transfers is going to stop the people that you want playing on Lockjaw, not the ones you don't.
    Rhiyannon and Simone like this.
  15. Badger New Member

Hey Daybreak, if you want to ignore the winner of two polls, give no apology for the false advertising and kick the Ragefire casual players to the curb, I can deal.

But the fact that you aren't allowing a transfer to Lockjaw is beyond anything I can reasonably support. I'll give you geniuses two weeks to figure it out. If no transfers still, I'll be uninstalling EQ1, EQ2 and Landmark. I would not, in good conscious, be able to give Daybreak any more money. You won't miss me, being just 1 person. But I've been a steady (and silent) player of EQ games since 2000. How many loyal players can you afford to lose?
    Rhiyannon, Friday and Shalka like this.
  16. taliefer Augur

Did I miss a dev poet? Where do people see they aren't allowing transfers to lockjaw?
  17. Fallfyres Augur

---------
    Well *grimaces, 'it' ain't gonna be static EITHER.
    Friday likes this.
  18. Darth Augur

So what you want means more than what I want? I re-rolled after spending money in the station store. I\m happy now, you're the one with the problem.

I'm happy playing on a 6 month TLP server that doesn't have transfers coming to it.

So I guess I win?
  19. sihpa Augur

You sound like you wanted to be a big fish but RF had sharks so you jumped ship. Now you've eatten enough, gotten bigger, and have yourself turned into the shark.

Welcome to the face of the "high end" on LJ I guess..
    Agrippa and Friday like this.
  20. Simone Augur

The votes "can" fail but rarely do. On Fippy Darkpaw the only vote I'm aware of failing is the one to open Gates of Discord which failed 3 consecutive times in a row before passing. Since each voting period lasted two weeks; each vote failing essentially extended Lost Dungeons of Norrath era for an additional two weeks for a total of 6 extra weeks for that era. It was similar on Vulak'Aerr where Gates of Discord failed 2 consecutive times adding an additional 4 weeks to LDoN era. Every other vote to open the next expansion on both of those servers passed without issue.