[RF][LJ] For your consideration.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Nathalinil, Jul 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rune00 Augur

Almost everyone I know box because of quitters. They literally ruined the experience and forced people to box. Made it much harder to group or camp named. I know quitters could have keept the lights on with the live servers, trust me I know, though I did eventually start boxing because they destroyed the social aspect of the game.

Frankly I understand how important quitters are to keeping the game alive BUT having one.single.server where we don't have to deal with them would be absolutely amazing.

I was in a quitter only guild on ragefire that was flourishing for a while but quickly it has fallen to almost nothing and people that box always give the same reason - quitters ruining the experience.

When people quit and you find a rare spawn up now - you can't kill it without boxing.
  2. Phoebes Journeyman

I don't believe for a second that 'boxing' has stopped so many people playing who don't want to do it. It doesn't stop 'solo' players grouping and instancing means that it's impossible for all the camps in the game to be taken.

More likely expectation hasn't met reality and there are actually very few people who want to play like it were 1999 again.
    Elkay and rune00 like this.
  3. Rotlust Augur

actually most of them went back to project1999. nice try in your attempt to psychoanalyze people you have never met though!

when every camp you go to is camped by an OBVIOUS bot group it gets annoying and frustrating. Boxing kills the community - everyone knows that.... except boxers.
    Elkay likes this.
  4. Rotlust Augur

cute attempt. truly. You saying people started having to box on ragefire because people started quitting? or did the boxers come in at force right out of the gates? because I'm pretty sure they did.

What more can you do when you hate to box but all the key names in the game are camped by some guy and five bots? (sometimes more) a no box TLP would be a wonderland without that toxicity.

people started boxing long before people started quitting my friend. I remember it well - finding boxers popping up cornering the economy. It got worse and worse as computers got better and better.

I would be willing to put money on groups being easy to find on a no box server.

What are you so afraid of? a community of people who actually enjoy multiplayer that you don't even have to be a part of? It wouldn't effect you in the least. Box to your hearts content. Are you just a contrarian or is your attempt at saying there shouldn't be a no box server an admission to the fact that you know you effect the gameplay of no boxers and them leaving you to your selves would somehow take some of that away from you?

Let us have one server without it. You have your fun we have ours. You may THINK that box armies don't effect solo players but that would require the largest mental block in the world to accept.
    Gythlen likes this.
  5. rune00 Augur

I'm saying boxing started on other servers cause people quit and once you start, you begin to enjoy it more than just controlling one player... So you take this play style to new servers as well even though it technically isn't needed... Like on ragefire... Anyway just trying to show you there are two sides to the coin. I don't mind if you guys get a no boxing allowed server I'm fine with that and I'd actually be curious if it's gonna be a complete wasteland without the boxers or not, so go for it let the lobbying for a no boxes allowed server begin! :)
  6. drew0987654 Augur

shmef, just say:

you should be able to multiply your DPS by however many times you are willing to multiply you subscription rate to EQ. it doesn't matter that you ruin everyone's experience who sees you and your 17 clones casting at the same time.

say it, please. it's a simple paraphrase really. go on....
    Steampunk likes this.
  7. Shmef Augur

you should be able to multiply your DPS by however many times you are willing to multiply you subscription rate to EQ. thats what boxing is, i will never deny that. im not going to say the rest because if your experience is completely "ruined" just from seeing a box group that is a personal problem.

the only advice i can give is to stop letting things get to you so easily and dont take things so personally.
  8. Drexll Augur

I would be double per month to play on a TLP server that didnt allow boxing.
  9. Drexll Augur

edit:pAY, I would PAY dbl
  10. Tris Augur

On live, entire expansions are emptied out of activity. When i came back half a year ago i made it to lvl 65 on one account. When realising how slow and boring it would be to do the remaining 40 lvls alone i started boxing.

On live there are anti boxers as well, they dont lvl at all, literally stuck on their lvl.

So i challenge all the anti boxers to take a trip to live and play a single char to 105 without boxing. Also i recomend showing a little respect, to the ppl who have kept the game alive over the years, playing multiple accounts.
  11. Simone Augur

I two box on Ragefire the same way I two boxed on Vulak'Aerr; with two comps sitting right next too each other; both with their very own monitor, keyboard and mouse. Many people say I'm crazy for doing it that way but I found it to be a very effective and comfortable way to play. All of the suggestions in this thread wouldn't affect my ability to box in the game since I am actually using 1 client per computer.
  12. Magrath New Member

I can't remember this happening to me a single time. Now solo lvl 50 Mages on the other hand seem to be cornering anywhere worth going to. My character doesn't have port either so running for 30 minutes between camps and finding the same thing at each kind of sucks.
  13. RadarX Augur

Closing this up to avoid any further boxing vs anti-boxing unneccessary hate. We are aware of a desire for a no boxing server from some of you. This is not something we can discuss at this time.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.