Buff Inny and CT

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Eonan Nanoe, Jul 2, 2015.

1. Jamz Augur

Thats good to hear Prathun, will that include Sky as well?
  2. Prathun Developer

Probably. :)
    Frenzic, Greymere and Zapsos like this.
  3. Greymere Augur

Great news
  4. toxist Lorekeeper

40782 Mitigation of the Mighty 0 0s 0s 0h0m+ n/a Self Hate: 1
    1: Increase Corruption Counter by 9999
    2: Absorb Spell Damage: 40%
    3: Absorb Melee Damage: 40%
    4: Absorb DoT Damage: 40% over 0
    5: Absorb Spell Damage: 80% over 1000

is the buff the raid npc are getting 5: Absorb Spell Damage: 80% over 1000 i am guessing is for harm touch? but with improved dmg 3 focus wizzy,mages can hit for over 1k and its screwing them over makeing us use lower level nukes, this is makeing the fact the wizzy can crit a negative thing and causing their dps to go down if its over 1k
  5. -wycca Augur

It's 40% up to the 1k dmg, then it takes 80%. It only applies to the portion of dmg over 1k, not the full amount.

I will also say, as a wizard who has dps'd both dragons since the patch, that wizards have nothing to worry about on these fights in terms of dps capability.
  6. Vaclav Augur

Liar, everyone knows Wycca's are monks.

Must be doing shrooms while yelling "PEW! PEW!" or something because we know you're not a wizard.
  7. Vaclav Augur

What about respawn time for Sky targets? Seems odd they were left out on being quicker (Although I do realize too fast would break them - rest seem roughly 3x faster - but 2x seems manageable for the islands)
  8. Darth Augur

With less than 2 groups of Mages. Phinny should take as many people to kill in this era as Naggy and Vox.

NONE of the raid targets should be able to be tanked by Mage pet walls.

Bnae:Summoned for an extra 10k on hit would fix this bullsh*t, and we all know mage pet walling is bullsh*t.
    Xeladom and Hateseeker like this.
  9. Fiyero Augur

Phinny doesn't seem to have been buffed much.
  10. -wycca Augur

Hate to break it to you, but phinnie could be done in Kunark with 2 mages or 1 mage + 1 necro np. It's probably only noobness that didn't let this become common pre-Kunark back in 1999 rather than any real barrier.

Phinnie's only real difficulty has been 1) people who don't know how to deal with, avoid, or work-around the seahorses, and 2) the fact that he ae dispels EB. He's never been a particularly hard mob himself.

Phinnie hits significantly harder than before and has more hp, he additionally ae's down the pets. It's a fight that, pets or raid-wise, is much harder than before and has received a similar difficulty boost as the dragons overall. It's not necessary to make him as hard as a dragon or god....he simply never was that hard to begin with.
  11. Asheran Augur

Please see:

Wycca is very accurate here, with 1 exception: Phinny was soloable in kunark by mages, necros, shamans, and probably other classes. I know this because I soloed him with my 60 shaman when I was 13 or 14 years old.

I have never understood why Phinny was included as one of the progression targets. He has always been a group boss at most. Before the buff he only had 16k health, and was a straight ~200 dmg per hit melee + dispel.

His buffs were appropriate for his previous difficulty. He was never meant to be on par with the dragons, nor the gods.
  12. Rauven Augur

Just swap the 55 versions of both with the Plane of Time versions. I'm sure we might be able to figure out how to deal with them.
  13. Detheb Augur

Should be fun, don't overdo it though boss!
  14. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

"I don't know why the raid bosses don't have Bane:Summoned on their attacks =\ "

Last I saw, NPC's ignore spell restrictions. So a Summoned/Undead/Plant nuke proc would hit players as well.
  15. Detheb Augur

Because it would take mage's from being marginally useful to useless? Pet walls is a pretty terrible tactic at this point anyway, really inefficient.
  16. Rauven Augur

The better mechanic to add, if they haven't, is the ignore pet mechanic seen in Plane of War and other boss type mobs. Send in pet, agro goes to the caster and not the pet.

Now the bosses need a Warrior, Paladin, Shadowknight, or maybe even Ranger.. though I think the damage output of the bosses might preclude Rangers. I dunno, how tanky are Rangers in full Ivy Etched?
    Tarrin likes this.
  17. Detheb Augur

What ranger is tanking with Ivy-Etched if they're doing these mobs. Full Rubicite or Bust. But i imagine a Ranger could tank one. We had a ranger tank Eye of Veeshan np
  18. Gregolo Augur

Nuh uh! Zone rolled back! Didn't happen!

(I'm a bad person)
  19. Rauven Augur

Don't the Ivy Etched have the same AC and better stats?
  20. -wycca Augur

Fashionquest.
    Protocol likes this.