Silence of the Devs

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Beggly, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Kravitz Augur

I totally disagree that it should be in house. The last thing we need from this dev team is more moderation. In fact, I wish we had an unofficial offical EQ forums that more people used than the ones here. At one point it was allakhazam's, safehouse, monkly, steelwarrior and people were allowed to speak their mind. Here the moderation is so heavy anything negative you might say is flagged and shut down.

I remember dev's used to post on the unofficial forums at one point, well because the traffic those forums were getting was forcing them too post there.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  2. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Moderation has actually been much lighter with the reduction in staff.
  3. Silv Augur

I think it's just because they are too busy trying to control the TLP forum sub-section. Roshen and Radar don't seem to have much issue modding, it's just that the entire TLP section is a cesspool of people spewing BS out of their mouth for the most part.
    beryon, Elricvonclief and Iila like this.
  4. Casidia Augur

Sweet talk aside, SoE burned us with TDS and Cotf.
    Esp. many Raiders are on the edge of leaving if another crappy raid expansion (campaign) follows.
    That's why the situation is not nice on live servers atm, me i am not curious or worried.
    I am still pissed at the latest releases, and only getting something better will help and not sweet talk by Prathun.
    Sancus and Iila like this.
  5. Ratbo Peep Augur

Heh.... :D
    -R
  6. Trey Elder

Thank you for all your hardwork - I will love you all for a very long time if you implement a policy forbidding the multi-boxing mage armies from running the economy on your servers too.
  7. Bigstomp Augur

So should we continue recruiting wizards or look at another class?
    Xeladom, Silv, Iila and 1 other person like this.
  8. Songsa Augur

You can try necros or mages if you are bored you will not take a lot if risks.
  9. Prathun Developer

Forum threads are not a great way to document and track bugs.
  10. Crystilla Augur

This may currently be true ... but it was a primary way from forum creation until a few months ago :)
    - Takes a while for old habits to break.
    PrathunEQ likes this.
  11. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

That's why there are a number of products that do exactly that, track software bugs and feature requests. I would hope that Daybreak has used one of them in-house since the beginning of EQ.

What I requested many years ago was some way that the players could do so. Actually having some kind of limited access to the one (hopefully) used by Daybreak would be great, but I understand the security difficulties with that. While the Daybreak Community Issue Tracker is not run by Daybreak, it is pretty much exactly what should be used. The only minus I have about it is that it is not run by Daybreak and not part of this website (single signin, etc.).

But having it is a million times better than not having it. I'm finding I'm reporting bugs and feature requests to the Daybreak Community Issue Tracker that I have told Daybreak (well, SOE) about several times in the past in the forums. I can only hope this is the last time I have to once again report them as the Daybreak Community Issue Tracker should keep them there until they are solved / implemented.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Brogett like this.
  12. Ratbo Peep Augur

Agreed!
    The very worst moderation period was the "outsourcing experiment". Those people understood no context at all.
    As a result, posts were getting deleted, warned, and locked just based on keywords and "strings" raising a flag.
    -Rat
  13. Ratbo Peep Augur

And making a Dev. reposnd to complaints on his vacation is kinda unfair to Prathun too!
    (but since i know you're reading this, yes - balance is tough. But everyone (even Rogues!) agree that Zerkers really, really, need some lovin' in the DPS department.)

-Rat
  14. Brogett Augur

Necros don't stack beyond 4 or so due to buff limits, but up until then they're VERY powerful.

[IMG]

I expect necros will hate me even more for posting this, but I'll say this was the top (by a country mile!). The top melee (me this time) was under 1/3rd that damage. On the whole event it wasn't so bad, but the single target damage is just SO out of whack that basically no melee can ever catch up. If AC was unnerfed we clearly wouldn't beat them on a sustained single parse (and nor would I want that), but we'd be competitive again in the overall event parses.

Of course once you're necro contingent is full up, you need to switch to wiz and mages, and if you can't find those, enchanters. They'll be more or less on par with the melee and help to boost your other casters anyway.

In short, yes balance *is* a problem and we're losing players through it. I reckon our monk team was on par with (if not the) best on the server, often vying for top melee dps spot (monks do great in a guild with low overall dps as fights last longer). Now they're a rare spawn in raid and all the top ones quit or mainchanged. Our berserkers are now singular and rare spawn. The only real pure melee left are our rogues - stubborn bunch!
    Sancus and PrathunEQ like this.
  15. Songsa Augur

The numbers of rogues playing have decreased aswell (5 in my guild including me have stopped even if guild has some new ones with recent merge with another guild, and i see a reduction in numbers in raiding guilds roster in general)
  16. Kunon Augur

It's really 3 nowadays. With 4 Necros they start to cannibalize each other's (and the rest of the raids) DPS after about 90 seconds. There aren't even enough Debuff slots for 4 Necros going full tilt much less debuffs, short duration abilities, etc from other classes.

3 Necros, Bard, Chanter, and Druid > 4 Necros, Bard, Druid.
  17. Voth Elder

You will let me know when those devs stop screaming, won't you?
    Mayfaire likes this.
  18. Mayfaire Augur

I see what you did there, Hannibal. :D
  19. Prathun Developer

Yeah. We've used DevTrack, Trac, and Hansoft, which all have their pros and cons, but like you mentioned they are products designed to track defects, store their details, and bounce them around to whoever was responsible to handle them next depending on their status. I don't expect that we'll ever allow public access to our internal task / bug tracking tools, for various reasons. I'm warming up to the DGCissuetracker site, after the initial period of "this is a new thing and I don't like new things." The site and the folks using it have helped us narrow down the cause and solution to several issues, some big and some small and many in-between. I know that we don't make changes as often as we'd like, but we do the best we can and we do have good will and a desire to make EQ better. :cool:
  20. Leex Pewpewer

Kind of like the advloot system for us. At first it was new and we all hated it, now that most of us are used to it, it's nice to have.

Although I still think the lock time on the corpses is still to long..5-10 minutes would be fine..15 is insanity! ;)
    Smallpox and PrathunEQ like this.