Holly interview on MassivelyOP...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kolani, Jun 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Because it would just be easier to install their own sniffer if they could do all that.
  2. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

3. Goth Augur

I dont want to get on my soap box about 3rd party programs and cheating in EQ...

I will just say this..

You are more likely to get Unicorn Milk before they remove 3rd party programs from EQ.

In all seriousness. folks that cheat the game can more than likely work around the one account per PC mess. I have no idea how but i am sure you can find information about how by just google'ing it.
  4. Derthe Journeyman

Exactly. Most botting/scripting programs allow you to change the name of the executable. And the name of the GUI window.

Put it this way: Blizzard, a company with far, far more resources than DBG has been battling botters from just about day one with Warden, with mixed success.

Having said that, one account per machine might slow the botting to some degree (even with botters using VMware).

I'd play on a TLP server with that ruleset.
    Iila likes this.
  5. Naugrin Augur

We REALLY need to get unicorn milk put ingame now.
  6. Tintaglia Elder

Subcontract it out, no need to have more than one guy coordinating this and keeping it meshed up with the Launchpad and game.
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I 2 box on 2 comps......3 when I've kidnapped my daughters laptop!
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  8. segap Augur

Risk vs. Reward. Currency based loot means people can repeat the easiest content over and over again to gain currency to buy the best stuff (even if they have to do the hard one once to unlock items). TDS did change it up a bit from CotF by making the cost of buying anything ridiculous and awarding more currency for the higher tier zones. But they also made it so expensive for blah items that the time/effort/boredom required to run the same 2-3 HAs over and over again just was not worth it for many people.

They need to improve itemization and spread out interesting items throughout the content. If the rewards are worth it, people will leave the easy content. Then there's the issue of everything above T1 being no drop. People will get what they want and revert to the easy content again. Itemization also needs to include a sprinkling of top tier droppable items (augs, clickies, power sources, etc) which people would want to farm. This would be stuff that would be valuable to both people in group and raid gear.
  9. Groans Augur

SO where does "Casuals don't deserve" come into that conversation...
  10. RadarX Augur

In the interest of consolidating feedback I'm going to go ahead and close this as we have an existing thread else where that is a bit larger.

I know it does mean some of you may have to wander over to the TLP subforum, but it will be worthwhile to ensure your concerns are seen.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.