Since the devs have stated that they're open to a new server..

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Elkay, Jul 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vardune Augur

With load balancing, raid instancing and no kronos, EVER.
  2. Elkay Augur

I would pay more, yes. I'd even suggested a Legends-type server with GM events and PnP. I know that's probably not in budget.

What I'm suggesting here is coding put in place for the server to (generally) police itself.
  3. Hexaholic Augur

Talk about beating a dead horse. They've already stated and proven, this isn't going to happen. Move on.
  4. Elkay Augur

Even the krono situation becomes almost moot. You may have to wait some time for a camp to be open, but once you get a camp you know as long as you can hold your position that it would take a serious to sit there and spam to take your mob pop. This could be one of the few GM-enforced rules, if needed, kind of like training is a no-no right now.
  5. Hexaholic Augur

Yeah, that's fair. I'm sure it won't happen though, but it would be cool. Honestly, I'm sure you've been told before, but if that's what you're looking for P99 is a good start.
    Elkay likes this.
  6. Elkay Augur

As stated in the original post, this isn't a "NO!" thread. This is a thread asking to see polls for what people do want on a new server that you don't have to play on if the decisions don't suit you.

Not trying to lash out - just trying to keep this on the path of "I'd like" instead of "no way!"
  7. Zahariel Journeyman

In a heartbeat. Actually I'd pay $50/month for something like this. Get rid of the krono market nonsense and you have a deal.
  8. Elkay Augur

I have a toon that I just started on P99 because of all of this, but I don't want to be stuck at Velious forever, either. I'm still hoping devs will do the right thing and give the players that want 2 different play styles the ability to separate themselves from one another. I don't want to take away TL's play-style. I never have. Read my previous thread posts. I don't want to ruin the game for them. What I push for is a better PnP-based server that a lot of people in uproar over Holly's post would actually want to play on instead of the current TLPs.
  9. Mezrah Augur

Hmmm

Yes I would pay $25 or even £25 (which equates to about $39) for actual customer service, though I am not so keen on the anti boxer elements as I have 3 accounts...
  10. Elkay Augur

I have 3 myself. I'd give that up for the other anti-griefing measures put in place. I just think that the other anti-grief measures could make the box problem a non-issue since they would not be able to KS (other than immediate pop griefing), and would not be able to train raids due to the expeditions.

Also, that's why I'm suggesting quite a few "I'd like" options, then take each for its own merit.
  11. Hexaholic Augur

Yeah, I just don't see it happening is all. I'm sure there are plenty of people that would like it. Honestly though, Holly is right. She could've worded it better, but she's right, in classic EQ era, people that weren't in a raiding guild, didn't see raids. It just didn't happen, at least not on my server. But to each their own. I know back then people were happy to put in the work / time, and see the end game, and others were happy just being level 30 and logging on for a couple hours and killing stuff in Runneye. The gaming community as a whole for MMO has changed so much since classic EQ though, that now everyone wants things catered to them. Like the legendaries in WoW now, are called "welfare legendaries" for a reason.
  12. Elkay Augur

I think this is where some of the misunderstanding is between both sides. The "instancers" aren't looking for free handouts. I'd suggested on other threads that raid members need to be 50, a high minimum number of players must be present, lockouts are per-character for a week, the loot is no-drop, and the bosses are buffed so that there is true risk and skill required (we got that!)
  13. Vaclav Augur

Frankly, I just hope they wise up and when they open future Progression type servers they open them starting with PoP + LDoN/LoY right off the bat so that there's something for everyone available from day one.

Period.

Almost none of the current stresses would exist with THAT MUCH raid content available uninstanced and with instanced raid and group content available for when there's not. (Plus alternate gearing paths with LDoN for those that go that way)

Plus balance issues basically non-existent/etc.

Just lock it to that for like a full year, then start a 3 month or so expansion release cycle.

Bam! Daybreak just made a million dollars or so thanks to me. And literally basically zero work.

Sure, a few people that hate PoP+ would never join - but those people were only going to sub a year or so max anyhow. Everyone who truly wants PROGRESSION is much happier. The end.

Vaclav for EQDev 2016! (Not really - I'd turn down the offer even if it was given)
  14. Mezrah Augur

Hmmm

That would be breaking away from the Peter Principle they have embraced so often down the years, so it won't happen as it is not classic!
  15. RadarX Augur

We're going to go ahead and close this up. There isn't anything new to say about boxing and much of what I see here is covered in other threads which I'd absolutely encourage you guys to provide feedback in.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.