Holly quote.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Symbius, Jun 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skipper Augur

Cut this lady some slack. My goodness. Everyone makes a comment they regret, no matter how much truth is in it.
    sihpa likes this.
  2. Finwen Augur

Yes. Elitists hate getting caught in their elitism.
  3. Banuvan Augur

Not everybody is in her position either.
    Artemis-Entreri likes this.
  4. RadarX Augur

Let's keep the discussion constructive and remain on topic please.
  5. Vaclav Augur

When it's been backed by actions words take on much greater meaning. You might be able to say "Hey the stupid stuff X/Y/Z guy on talk radio is really awful and inflammatory" but without actions it'll never be as bad as similar inflammatory stuff said by German leadership in the 30's and 40's.

Saying is one thing.
    Doing is one thing.

Saying AND doing however is much worse. This is a basic context to the rules of society that we live by.

TL;DR - "Put your money where your mouth is" exists as a phrase for a reason - words do have limited meaning by themselves, but when reinforced by actions things become abundantly clear.
    Tharrg, Goddess and Smallpox like this.
  6. AngorfLadroTholuxeP Augur

Yes please keep it civil and remain on-topic; if you're not able to express your opinion without name calling or using offensive language, I would agree with Radar if he had to lock the thread. I had zero problems at all explaining my opinions on the matter, without being offensive, back on Page 10.

All of you should also notice that when you use proper formatting and grammar, and try to give constructive feedback, more people (including possibly the devs) will read your post and take it as serious feedback.

Basically, to those of you who are voicing your opinions: If you want to be taken seriously, don't act like a fool.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  7. Misaligned Augur

DBG is severely out of touch with the Average Joe playing their game. If I didn't have a little stockpile of krono I would just walk away. I will not spend any more of my money in support of this absent-minded, seemingly arbitrary decision-making. Risiko's signature is very telling of the dichotomy that is SOE DBG.
  8. Greymere Augur

It was a poorly worded way of blowing off the concerns of the majority of the playerbase, couched in a comment you would have expected from an elitist to define that majority. And the followup was nothing more than a rewording of more of the same, without addressing any of the reasoning for the concerns.

Currently its the players coming out and saying p**psocking is not cool or fun, training other players to prevent them engaging raid targets is not cool, leapfrogging raid targets is not cool, stealing triggered spawns is not cool, kill stealing and getting steamrolled by zergs is not cool, c**kblocking content to prevent progression is not cool, interfering with another raid in progress is not cool, ninjalooting is not cool. Using 3rd party programs to bot or warp to targets is not cool. These are not casual only exclusive concepts, they effect all players, but effect those players most successful at doing them the least, and DBG is ridiculously quiet about solutions to deal with any of them absent vague promises of enforcement in some cases and silence in others.
    Owndar, Umman, sihpa and 5 others like this.
  9. Mezrah Augur

Hmmm

Are you really the server legend in disguise ;-?
  10. rekais910 Augur

I still hold a rather huge torch to the rather large problem to anyone who has something to say against you. The leader of the "top" guild believes in these things and has proven it with his actions. I'm not sure how GMs record their incident reports, but if they do so properly we'll have a very clear report of how the leader of the "top" guild was responsible for dispells of mezzes during an event that is necessary in order to get the Vex thal key. The simple fact is that we have no trust that any form of player abuse used to stop other guilds from progressing won't be used. This purely toxic environment is caused by the few and it will continue to be caused by the few. Allowing players the ability to properly separate from these toxic elements has become the only real solution unless DBG will start permanently banning those toxic elements. Though without the PnP and real customer support that second option has become impossible. The Devs have refused to listen to it's customer base on this position.
    Elkay likes this.
  11. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Simple solution to raids.. instance them but reduce the chance of loot dropping. This will prevent TOO much loot from dropping but let guilds raid without being griefed.
    anvil and Behee like this.
  12. Emerald_Enchanter New Member

I read the article and was disappointed, so I cancelled 4 of my subscriptions and cited the article as the reason. But we will see what happens, there is always the option of resubbing.
  13. Hendar2 Augur

That seems like a reasonable idea on the surface. But permit me to look at it differently.

Guild A kills Naggy in an instance and gets loot X.
    Guild B kills Naggy in prime and gets loot Y. Doesn't seem too fair, but they aren't really the same actions, are they?

Guild A kills Naggy in an instance and gets loot X.
    Guild B kills Naggy in prime by violating the EULA and TOS, and gets loot Y. Now, does that seem fair?

In this case I would argue that Guild A deserves loot more than B. Anyone can cheat/automate, but it takes skill/ethics to do so as the game was intended.

If neither guild cheats, then they seemingly did the same thing, If Guild B does not cheat, and mobilizes rather than socking, I agree that they have done more. But the difference in my opinion is minimal. The challenge for an encounter should be the encounter. This is why I'm happy to see the raid mobs buffed up a bit. I'm not convinced yet that they have been buffed enough to result in a 1999 level challenge.
  14. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Make the raids instance only and everyone is on a level playing field. It may require several raids to get the same amount of loot as one raid the old way. But at least the griefing is at an end. And maybe they can come up with some anti bot things to add to the raid. It wont be the experience of old school EQ but what is on the TLP now is not old school EQ either.
  15. sleka Lorekeeper

It's a valid point Holly made. Part of the requirement to take these bosses in competition is mobilizing and being ready. If you're not there, if you're not ready you're not going to get a shot.

Just because you're the level and want to isn't good enough, you have to work with leadership with a team to get a shot at this content while it is contested.
    Skadad and Skipper like this.
  16. Casidia Augur

The earliest raid mobs are just too weak, we wouldn't have these problems in an expansion with real Raids like PoP. This really makes me laugh...who stays alert for a Naggy etc. zerg?
    Certainly not "hardcore" players, they have better things to do / play.
  17. Jezter New Member

So people using a 3rd party program to have their own groups and it only taking 3 people with said programs to kill content in less then a week, didn't take away from the accomplishment?
    Please explain holly....
  18. Lennyn Elder

The content doesn't "need" to be contested. We have technology available today that wasn't available in 1999 that eliminates greifing raids in progress. The only thing stopping them from instancing raids is their own stubbornness and stupidity. Why do I say stubbornness and stupidity? Look how many players they lost to WoW and it's instanced dungeons/raids. The arrival of WoW (and to a lesser extent EQ2) devastated the EQ population. Before those two games EQ had 50ish servers, including 4 Zek servers.

Probably the biggest piece of evidence that this decision is grounded in stubbornness and stupidity is the fact that these two progression servers are the most populated servers in the history of EQ and the dev team refuses to give us instanced raids and we have to share the same small number of raid targets with a much bigger population. There just isn't enough to go around.

Fighting for raid bosses was never fun. Showed up to kill Talendor one time and another guild engaged him right after we did and stole him from us. Same guild that bogarted every other raid boss on the server at the time.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  19. Lennyn Elder

Oh, due to the disrespect Holly showed on Twitter to an untold number of players, I'm cancelling all my subscriptions. Her comment is a perfect example of the disrespect the EQ team has had for its casual players for 16 years.

I'll spend my leisure time playing something else from now on.
  20. Vaclav Augur

Indeed - no one says "Hey, I'm going to put on a fair of early 1900's nostalgia" and then has jackbooted thugs throwing people into train carts to be hauled off god knows where.

Or runs a Nostalgic Renaissance Faire where everyone gets dysentery and plague.

Nostalgic experiences are SUPPOSED TO BE improved versions of the good elements of a time will excising the bad. Not amplifying the bad.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.