who planing to transfer to lockjaw?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by toxist, Jun 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oakenn Tigerspirit Augur

Yep. You can play there RIGHT NOW in fact! It is the deal of a lifetime.
  2. Templeton Augur

Awesome. I want RF. Now please run and tell DBG that I can stay on RF and have 6 month progression!

Thanks buddy!
  3. Dark_Intentions Augur

Let's discuss the pros and cons of moving to RF or LJ

So I'm trying to list out the pros and cons of moving from Ragefire to Lockjaw, or Lockjaw or Ragefire. This info is scattered through so many closed and open threads, that it will help me to list it out in one place.

Pros of moving to Lockjaw:
    • Less p-socking guilds at the top, which means better chances at seeing a boss fight
    • More casual population, if you are that type of player
    • Probably lower population, although transfers might change that. I'll consider this a weak positive.
    • Longer time to Kunark, if you are into that

Cons of moving to Lockjaw:
    • Probably lose your name, unless you reserved it with a dummy toon
    • Moving into the unknown - not sure how many will move, including boxers (several here said they would move)
    • Might have to leave your guild

Pros of moving to Ragefire:
    • Kunark sooner, if you are into that. Possibly other expansions sooner too.
    • Populated server, can find groups - even if some move off, RF will still be well populated

Cons of moving to Ragefire:
    • Probably lose your name, unless you reserved it with a dummy toon
    • Moving into the unknown - even though RF will still be populated, we don't know who or how many will move
    • Might have to leave your guild

For me, almost everything balances out on whether to stay or go. It all boils down to whether I think the top end will continue to be a mess on RF, and how strongly I feel about Kunark getting here sooner. I like my guild a lot, but I'm not especially attached to them permanently. If the top end on RF is still a socking mess, then it might be worth an extra 3 months of classic to leave. On the other hand, I might not even be around here in 6 months.

I don't want Velious, Luclin, and PoP to be 3 months.
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  4. Nellus New Member

It's a point I wasn't debating, but I'm still very impressed. I admittedly didn't google, but I thought EQ2 Cobalt was pushed to 52 a long time ago. Could be wrong, it's happened before.
  5. Carlos Journeyman

To the OP, your point 1 dont make sense for LJ players and point 2 is not important.

There is an option 3, you stay on Ragefire like i will and when it's time to vote in august, you vote no for Kunark.
  6. Unique_Moop Augur

"Less socking" only works until some guild decides they want it anyway and socks it. then everyone has to sock it. the tea and cupcake cookie party is over once the loot is about epics instead of future twink loot.
    Kirria, Rhiyannon and Fallfyres like this.
  7. taliefer Augur

anyone know how the naming policy works on transfers as it stands?

its the names on the destination server that will the rights no matter what, correct?

like i made bob on ragefire opening day, got him to level 38. someone made bob on lockjaw last week and played for an hour.

i move ragefire bob to lockjaw.

lockjaw bob keeps the name, and ragefire bob gets a free namechange, is that right?

i am genuinely curious, im not sure how it works
  8. Wispur Elder

Do you seriously not understand how voting works?

Candidate 1 gets 40%
    Candidate 2 gets 35%
    Candidate 3 gets 25%

Candidate 1 is the winner.

The win does NOT go to 2nd+3rd. o_O
    Smallpox likes this.
  9. Fallfyres Augur

Under cons for Lockjaw, you might want to talk to those who played on Vulak.:cool:
  10. Oakenn Tigerspirit Augur

Hate that I have to be the one to tell you this... Really it is your parent's job but wishes don't always come true. Sorry champ.
  11. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Maybe DBG should setup a poll to see what the players want.....

1. Whoever created the name 1st gets to keep it.
    2. Whoever created the name 1st on Ragefire gets to keep it.
    3. Whoever created the name 1st on Lockjaw gets to keep it.
    4. Whoever created the name 1st based on their account history gets to keep it.
    5. Whoever has the oldest account gets to keep it
    6. Whoever has the most krono gets to keep it.
    Then they can release another results with any data and just tell us who won.
  12. Unique_Moop Augur

How do you not understand that more than half of the polled players wanted kunark to open sooner than 6 months?
    Maybe we should have had a bunch more options:

1: Don't care
    2: ASAP
    3: 3 months
    4: 6 months
    5: 8 months
    6: 10 months

Fair poll, yeah?
  13. Dark_Intentions Augur

Well that's a question I hope to answer here. What about Vulak? What would make Lockjaw be like Vulak? I never played that server.
  14. Cord New Member

Yeah I hope nobody takes you seriously, I don't want to lose my name because you don't like your crappy server anymore.
  15. Templeton Augur

Look, you're being , but that's ok. The fact remains that the progression I started the game under (6 month) has been changed against my vote and the popular vote both.

The official message is, if you don't like it, move. I am fine with this, I will move. But the bottom line is that to receive the server I have paid to play on it is a forced move.

One section of the population is being asked to shoulder every negative aspect of this deal... The section who's vote actually won, no less! It would be clever business to throw them this one bone.

If 'casuals' are the ones that buy the bulk of krono, and it's 'casuals' that are being told to like it or move, then it makes no sense to cut them off from their established communities, friends lists, AND names. DBG are basically cutting every link they have with the game... Cutting links their paying population have with the game... It's crazy business.
    Wispur likes this.
  16. Tintaglia Elder

There is no forced move. It is a choice. And in my opinion, there should be no transfers at all. Roll a new character on the other server, and start from scratch. There's only a little more than a month invested in this set of servers so far. If you want to move to Ragefire, you still have three months to level up and be geared and ready to roll into Kunark at level 50. If you want to play on Lockjaw, you have twice that amount of time. Or, you could just suck it up, and stay where you are, and hope to influence the voting when it comes up.
  17. Carlos Journeyman

Save your name right now on LJ if you really want it it's why im saying option 2 is not important i understand you want to keep your name.
  18. Baldur Augur

Holly has already stated that Lockjaw has a higher population than Fippy had. There are more people playing these progression servers than there were back on Fippy/Vulak. So the sky is falling rants about Lockjaw being Vulak are ridiculous.

Especially now with the free transfer. Lockjaws population will rise after the free transfer period. I know I will be transferring all characters from my 3 accounts there.
  19. Greymere Augur

There are alot of people would would prefer to be starting on epics and working towards Veeshan's Peak on Lockjaw sooner then 6 months, but I strongly doubt you will see a majority of them willing to abandon their guild to and join Ragefire.
  20. Baldur Augur

And there are the same on Ragefire that won't abandon their guild for Lockjaw.

If I had to guess I would say the percentage will be about the same that transfer from Lockjaw to Ragefire and vise versa, probably around 30-40%. Since Ragefires population is bigger, that means that more people will be transferring from Ragefire to Lockjaw, so Lockjaw will gain population.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.