Ragefire/Lockjaw Kunark Poll Results

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Aristo, Jun 30, 2015.

1. TarewMarrForever Augur

I just hate being right all the time. ;-)

It appears if combination of both early options "barely" beat out status quo option, which means the poll was certainly within 1-2% of the RF Spells exit poll, which had them dead even (within 0.2%). I *guaranteed* within 10%, most likely much closer than that. I guess I should have taken that 100 Krono bet, if only I still had 100 krono lol.

Second, free transfers coming, just like I said they would need to if they split the rulesets, because to not do this would have resulted in explosion of unsubs. It would be better to do NOTHING than to split the rulesets and not to transfers.

Finally, those of you former RF players who rerolled on LJ and were trying to keep us out. In two short, simple, concise words:

>>> Too Bad

Oh, and to those of you trying to tell *us* to re-roll after *FIVE* weeks because you had to after *ONE*, I've got two other words:

>>> Get Bent

There is a huge difference between a one week and five week investment, especially since getting in for the entire first week was quite spotty. To compare the two is like comparing a tangerine and a naval orange. Yeah they are both round orange-colored fruit and taste similar, but only an idiot would equate them. They are totally different scales.

This is not the end of the world you think it is. You know all of those 6-boxx mage armies that RMT that you are afraid of? Guess what...they are ALREADY on LJ!

People 6-boxxing aren't hurting anybody as long as they are LEGIT players, not pros working for <insert third party plat / krono vendor here>. Those guys are ALREADY on LJ server doing damage.

These transfers are going to bring in GOOD, casual players.

I believe this transfer will also mean one thing:

In three years, if any server dies, it will be Ragefire, not Lockjaw.

I'm not saying that either will, but if one does, it will be Ragefire. It will hit it's wall much sooner than LJ. That is purely due to the fact that it will be at least a year ahead after two years, because with the population the server has, it's going to open early every single vote.

I'm not saying that LJ will progress as far as Ragefire. What I am saying is that at future date X, LJ will have more players than RF, even if it is 2-3 expansions behind.

Which is perfect for me, as I plan on bailing after Luclin anyway. ;-) So I want that time to be as SLOOOOW as possible getting there.

LJ here I come!!!
    Friday likes this.
  2. Tintaglia Elder

The problem is that they disregarded the whole point of doing a poll. why bother, if you are going to toss out the results and just go with whatever you want? And for the record, I voted for three months on BOTH servers, so this isn't about wanting six months. This is about integrity.
    Rhiyannon, Gythlen and Friday like this.
  3. Ceffener Augur

I did miss that part yes.

My actual view point was they should have done this

WITHOUT THE POLL.
    Rhiyannon and Tarrin like this.
  4. Wispur Elder

I think you're missing the part where RAGEFIRE voted for 6 months.
    But if you want to play it this way...

Hi, my name is reading comprehension. You should give me a try! :)
    Friday likes this.
  5. Gregolo Augur

Where does 'integrity' factor in? They had a vote that they said they might revisit. They revisited it, couldn't find a real winner and made one server for each side.

It's literally the best possible, most fair thing DBG could have ever done.
  6. mandldavis New Member

Has anyone seen were to sign up for the refunds for 1 year sub?
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  7. Gregolo Augur

You're just complaining because you don't understand.

If half the people wanted 6 months, and Lockjaw offers 6 months. Then logically Ragefire and Lockjaw will have equal populations.

You can take the 'Ragefire' name if it'll stop you from being ridiculous. Please use your head.
  8. TarewMarrForever Augur

Exactly!

If any server has a pop problem in 2.5 to 3 years, it will be RF...
    Rhiyannon and Friday like this.
  9. ZYLIE COYOTE New Member

I seriously hope that we are offered a free transfer, because when I pre-ordered a year subscription it was under the impression that both servers were 6 months + before progression, and of course I'm on the one that's going to be 3... not cool, not cool at all.
  10. Jadefox Augur

Well, to be accurate. Lockjaw has historically endured at least one major influx of players from Ragefire. That initial one was a doozy.
    :p

Seriously though, If LJ is to be the slower server, then why transfer at all. If a player wants the slower pace, then reroll. That'll keep some of the riff-raff out. Make the commitment.

--Jade rerolled, and so can you!
  11. Tarrin Augur

I agree they should have done this already. I am confused someone on the internet admitted they missed something. Now I feel bad, hoping I didn't come across to much like a jerk.
  12. Jadefox Augur

Over 18.

--Jade has reached majority*

*far too many years ago
    Rhiyannon, Tarrin and Tintaglia like this.
  13. Tintaglia Elder

Again, good sir, your reading comprehension is flagging tonight.

The 6 month option got the most voted by far... And yet they are going with three because the 1st runner up knew somebody? Maybe did some favors? If the vote comes out one way, you honor it, regardless.

Seriously, those tinfoil hat guys are starting to sound more and more right about the relationship between your guild and the DBG staff.
  14. Krunkett -MT New Member

I'm going to roll on both servers and enjoy them both....cuz that's how I ROLL.

Thanks, I'll show myself out...
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  15. Dabrixmgp Augur

I dont understand how this is bad. Are the 6 month people so selfish they want to force everyone else to play by their rules?
  16. Nolrog Augur

Because of this:

Slight majority = almost 50/50.
  17. Jadefox Augur

EQ2!
    You're already paying for it, might as well use it.

--Jade II
  18. Chanaluss Can spell Doljonijiarnimorinar, Iqthinxa Karnkvi

if you reread the OP, you will note that while of the individual options, 6 months won, 3 months and instant still had a majority. if they didnt have instant on the docket, 3 months wouldve beaten out 6 months by itself. if they had not compromised with 1 of each server, how would over half of the game feel that their opinions were ignored? at least this way both sides can get what they want.
  19. TarewMarrForever Augur

No need to reroll. They did not say it was a one-way transfer. In fact, the post quite clearly says the transfer would be between the servers.

I'm sure LJ players can transfer to RF too.

This is why this was the best possible outcome for the broadest amount of people.

People on LJ who wanted 3 months or ASAP can move toe RF.

People on RF who wanted 6 months can move to LJ.

I believe DBG had this in mind before the poll was even put up. I know many of us did. Four weeks ago in fact.

The only people who should feel slighted are those who rerolled on RF -> LJ 4 weeks ago. If they had stuck it out on RF for 4 more weeks, they would only have one set of toons and they would be 5 weeks old, not 4.

I know to many players that isn't a big deal, but to me it would have been.

If I had re-rolled on LJ, I would be *pissed*.

But I foresaw this, and so I didn't. I gambled that one server would eventually go 3 months and that when it did they would have to allow transfers to allow me to move or (or stay on) the slower progressing server.

This was so easily predicted, that many on the forums were doing exactly that a month ago when we begged for LJ to be opened up 3 months...
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  20. Tintaglia Elder

Stop with the Common Core math!!! That's NOT how a vote is conducted! You go with the majority winner, period. By combining the losing tallies, just to override the largest chunk of votes, you are destroying any integrity in the whole voting process.

And again, I voted for THREE months on BOTH servers, so this isn't about how long either will be in Classic.
    Kalgor the Mad likes this.