Raid Changes coming in July

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Aristo, Jun 18, 2015.

1. rekais910 Augur

To be fair. Instancing of the current content on the TLP would actually be far less likely to be broken considering the simplicity behind the current content. They could honestly just have an instance of the zone with everything up already and that's that. It would be minimal work considering and they could leave the difficulty changes in so that we see guilds with the man power and the will going for the fight against cazic or inny instead of the large amount of players sitting on a mob. Hopefully these fights are tough enough that a crew of 20-30 people actually have a decent fight on their hand instead of just punching the mob in the face. Setting up a server with a hands off approach requires a hands off approach to player control. That simply requires allowing separation of players for content. That may not be feasible when it comes to most group content, but it certainly is for raid content.
    AngorfLadroTholuxeP likes this.
  2. Ceffener Augur

While people did definitely leave during GoD/OoW time for WoW and EQ2 (guess people forget that was that year also).

Anyone who argues people left EQ because of instances to go play games with full instanced raiding, just sounds a little daft.
    Jaxarale01 likes this.
  3. rekais910 Augur

That jonesing for evercrack. To be fair I had a fair bit of addiction during my raiding days on fippy and walked away from it because "I had gotten my first job after graduating college and decided to leave behind Everquest as I was spending too much time on it."
  4. Vaclav Augur

Well it's been a few days now. And while I agree instances would be preferable, can we at least TRY to see how the changes mix things up first?

As I mentioned earlier, assuming Test is running at normal speeds, spawn times ended up being quite interesting...
  5. rekais910 Augur

Totally agree. The changes need a test run to see how things change. There will be no chance for instancing of content until the devs have given their changes a chance to run their their viability period. I think that instancing will come later down the road still though.
  6. Banuvan Augur

Who will win the sock in Fear for CT? Tune in next time for As Ragefire turns....
  7. taliefer Augur

The instancing horse is dead and turned into glue. Sadly.
  8. rekais910 Augur

Nah. It's just going to be the last horse in the race. The last bullet in the gun. The last thing that... something something you get my point.
  9. Kopuz Journeyman

Raid private instances are still the way to go. Most of the folks who play on the servers are too old to care about Raid Mob competition. We have lives after all, but still would love the chance to kill a dwagon. However, I think you guys did right with these changes. I continue to be impressed with DBG. Thank you!
    rekais910 likes this.
  10. Jaxarale01 Augur

Keep the faith brothers! We will get instancing soon! Sig will not change till we do!
    Barton likes this.
  11. Banuvan Augur

Nice sock TL. I'm assuming you will blame Apok and RoI who were there clearing fear before you stepped in the zone with your mage bot army ( Hi Toxn ) that you say doesn't raid with you at all. RoI left fear after it was cleared so you can't blame the sock on them. I guess it's Apok's fault this time.
  12. Detheb Augur

Iceblayde, give it a rest already, will you? Seriously, do you post anything that isn't "Lol TL sucks"?
  13. Vaclav Augur

He does seem an expert in the craft, would you ask a master potter to not make pots?

(Just a light tease to both of you, you know I like both of ya)
  14. Banuvan Augur

The truth shall set us all free!
  15. Vlerg Augur

multiples batphones a night, every night, isn't a problem for you?

I am speechless
  16. Detheb Augur

Why not, seriously, at most its 20 minutes of my time, and we've gone from Batphone to mob down in less than 5 minutes before. Its not like it is a very time consuming practice.
  17. Porygon Augur

There's literally like what, 5 mobs even worth killing in classic.

Kunark adds what....5 more + VP.

How do you gather that it's multiples a night, every night. There's not even enough mobs in the game for this to happen.
  18. Vaclav Augur

Right now the spawn acceleration experienced on Test has made it look like 30-1 hr spawns are within the new potential windows for the bigger spawns. (Top end looks like it would likely be around 2 days at the max)

That's extrapolated from a friend playing with Phinny over there and logging repops and assuming others are scaled similarly. (his max repop is half the old 8 hrs it looks - and his minimum literally looks like it's zone repop time)

It's Test so grain of salt with there not being some weirdness with it obviously - but if accurate and math holds for other stuff expect 1.5 days or so for max repop on most stuff with MOST TO ALL of that being in window.

You'd literally have to be everywhere at once.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  19. Porygon Augur

That's very interesting. Though phinny is very unique in how quickly he spawns. But even if you scale it, you're looking at a potential re spawn of what, like 4 hours for something like nag or vox.
  20. Vaclav Augur

Well, 8h average vs. 2.5 days average pre-Wednesday changes - right? So 8 times longer... 17min x8 = just over 2 hrs minimum.

Assuming it was actually zone repop time like it appeared to him though, SolB is 22 min IIRC and Perma is 16ish I think?

Logic sort of dictates to me that it would be simplest to just have it run a spawn chance each time the normal zone timer comes up - like 1% first check, 2% next, 3% etc.

Either way - a need to be everywhere at once if accurate. Lest a lot slip through ones fingers.