Increased Raid Boss Difficulty: Increased Reward?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Mabbu-EQ, Jun 27, 2015.

1. Weverley Augur

In fact you don't need 72 persons on your raid to kill a raid boss.Guild put it at 72 so more can get some gear.It's just gonna take more participation in the raid after the changes.
  2. SqueeshSqueesh Augur

I'm sorry, your guild destroying keys behind them in sky and threathening to petition (Lol) people looting the ones rotting of corpse is preventing them from progressing.
  3. Banuvan Augur

Interesting you only quote the part that you think you can refute and ignore the rest. Typical TL PR team at it's finest I guess. Notice how pretty much everybody except for members of TL have said you are all full of it and getting tired of your antics on the server? It's pretty eye opening. Most said whatever until they actually had to deal with you guys in game on some level.
  4. Detheb Augur

Also, to your edit. There is plenty of reasons to kill EoV, as many times as he spawns. Just as there is to clear PoSky as often as possible. Also, there has been no "Box Crew" killing of Vox, ever.. Period. Not once
  5. Gregolo Augur

I've never seen us threaten anyone in sky, and I've missed like one sky raid. So I dunno about that one speedy. If you see us raiding, we're not using public channels.

Why do we have to let keys rot or hand them out again? If you can't kill them yourself you have no business being where those keys get you. It's not about stopping you from progressing, it's us doing what we want, with the loot we earned. I can see the confusion.
  6. Banuvan Augur

Yea. TL doesn't have box crews right? They DONT! lol. Your own players in game prove your words false time and time again.
  7. Detheb Augur

Surprise, looting from another raid's raid mobs, will get you petitioned. Funny how that works right? Maybe next time instead of watching our raid kill Spirocs, even with our almost 20minute afk in the middle, you should actually try killing them. Oh wait, you were sitting there waiting for us to kill and move on.
  8. Detheb Augur

I said there has been no box-crew killing of Vox, and there hasn't. Every single one has been called and had a raid there to kill. No where did I say we didn't have box crews. lol
  9. SqueeshSqueesh Augur

I'm keyed up to EoV and didnt need any keys, thank you. You're right, we could have went up there and killed the spirocs instead of you, but decided not to.

Also looting stuff off of unlocked corpse is free game. Petition all you want.
  10. Banuvan Augur

Wait. You are actually bashing a guild for being respectful of another guild? I'm done. That says enough of your true attitude and thought process. You just bashed on people actually showing you some common courtesy. That's low man. It's been fun bantering with you but at that level you go on the ignore list with the other PR reps from TL that frequent the forums.
  11. Gregolo Augur

Putting someone on ignore because you don't like the way they debate your points is tantamount to admitting defeat. Do you drop anything good? Can I sell it for Krono?
  12. Detheb Augur

They were waiting around to loot corpses from mobs we killed. How is that respectful at all? It isn't, its worse than training a raid. You're really reaching at this point, and its not a good look.
  13. Rauven Augur

The changes were actually my suggestion. I'll take credit for them simply because I was really the only one advocating for them a week after the server came out.

The reason I even suggested it was because the bosses weren't bosses. Just regular named with unique models. Nothing more.

Boss Loot should drop from Boss Mobs. Bosses are harder than normal named. Currently at only 32,000 hp, a simple aoe, and a random attack, they are NOT bosses.

Raid loot should always drop for those that are using it for raiding. If you're not raiding, you don't need it. Right now you don't need a raid, but a zerg, if even that.

Now the thing about making the mobs more accessible was the random timers, but that is a different change altogether. The increase in difficulty was to attribue the reward with a challenge. Right now large guilds are being rewarded with loot for organizing peeps. Congrats they get 'something' for doing that.

But to continue it, they will be required to do a little more.

Now if you all want to suggest that should apply to named as well. I'll agree with you. I'd love to see named mobs have hard mechanics designed around a 6 man group being coordinated. I want a harder EQ overall. Right now its a AFKing mess. You can afk everything right now, skill ups, exp, farming plat, farming items, and bosses.

Lets make it harder, lets see what everyone's got. Lets see if people can work as a team to get loot. Not simply set up a macro or rely on an automated pet.
  14. Nenake Elder

ur all a bunch of nerds
  15. Gregolo Augur

You're sitting at our table broseph.

[IMG]
    Nenake likes this.
  16. Vaclav Augur

TBH it's disrespectful on both sides from common courtesy in the game.

1) You shouldn't loot something without permission from those that killed it.
    2) You should offer loot rights (possibly with a catch) if no one in your group/raid can use it rather than just forcing destruction/rot.

Especially in your guy's part of the equation - since from how you're presenting things, it sounds like you went out of your way to rub their noses into it, instead of trying to be remotely civil. [Perhaps tone here is coming across wrong though]
  17. Detheb Augur

They were looting keys from Spiroc Isle in PoSky. SOme of which we were getting alts in on(But we were waiting to clear the island to get them in - some of which were being destroyed aswell). I'll be damned if I'm ever going to key another guilds members.

To top it off, after Squeesh's little tangent earlier, we encountered some interesting issues on Bee Isle, had to regroup and his raid had leapfrogged ours, which hey, it is what it is. We were taking forever on Bee Isle(Like, engaging tri-splitter with only 18 people is a bad choice). They get Bazzt to spawn and start wiping pretty quickly, and tried to train our raid with it, lol. Good thing we were prepped i guess.
  18. Wiji Elder

Go play Tower of Rot mission on live. Go play most missions on live they are pretty cool and fun.

To think that you were the only one suggesting raid changes is hilariously egotistical.
  19. SqueeshSqueesh Augur

We didnt need keys, I hopped on Spiroc island to see if you guys were farming Spiroc lord or just keying up or what. The second I hopped on the island you sent me a tell saying I was getting petitioned for looting your keys. Wich came off as pretty condescending and rude.

We also didnt train your raid. We "competed" for the bees. For some guy who was adamant about not having instanced raid, you come off as someone who doesnt enjoy competition all that much.
  20. Detheb Augur

Hey i said, yall got bees before we did, the fact is, we got there first, engaged and werent prepared, you guys cleared while we prepped and got an enchanter up with us.

Also, yes, you had an entire group sitting there watching us kill, and as soon as we finished, they moved up and sat on top of corpses. Not only that, Skelly all but confirmed when he said "I didn't know you still needed them. I've taken care of the issue". Thats what an officer in your guild said, really. At what point does "Looting keys by not killing the mobs that drop them" ever seem like "Competition?"

At that same point, we should have been quicker about looting them, or in the case of the 10 i ended up destroying, destroying them. You just happened to be the person that was standing right next to the feet of a spiroc as I got there, so I told you to not loot them, or I would be petitioning. Sounds pretty straight up and down.