Mis-sent parcels

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Lily, Jun 17, 2015.

1. Lily Augur

Anyone know what happens to parcels that were apparently sent to no one? I was mailing items to an alt and didn't notice right away that I typed an extra letter in the recipient's name. Since the parcels seemed to go through, I assumed there was a player with the name I misspelled. I sent in-game mail requesting that they send the items back to me, but as it turns out, there is no one on the server with that name. I would have thought the items would come back to me, but they haven't.
  2. Sebbina Augur

I find that an error name won't send, however, if you got the text that the item was sent, try making the named character to find out. If you sent to a player who may be a mostly unused mule, good luck.
  3. Lily Augur

Name was rejected. But why did the parcels go through but not mail?
  4. Axxius Augur

Have you tried contacting Customer Support? Or did they already tell you to feel free to reacquire the items through game play?
  5. Smokezz The Bane Crew

If you send to a non existent player, it doesn't send. If you send to a typo'd player that does exist, you just sent free stuff to someone.
    Motherlee and Aanuvane like this.
  6. Silv Augur

This likely means 1) Someone has that name, and 2) They haven't logged in for so long that mail isn't working for them/mysterious reason. I know that last part is vague but I've been told before by GMs that just because someone can't get in-game mail doesn't mean that the character doesn't exist. So my guess is you sent your parcel'd items to a character that hasn't logged into the game for a million years. That's why parcel but not mail would work.

You're probably out of luck but worth a shot petitioning.
  7. Fallfyres Augur

-------------
    Axxius -- So focking sad.:confused: Not the op making a spelling mistake. The second sentence of your post.
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  8. Lily Augur

Thanks for the replies. I haven't contacted support because I assumed I would get the "feel free to..." response, and it's just not worth the aggravation. I'll take the loss instead.
    Yinla likes this.
  9. Nightops Augur

It would be nice if they made a tab to see any unclaimed parcels which you have sent and then a cancel parcel option.
    Kaenneth, Yinla and Axxius like this.
  10. Hayzeus Augur

In the business world, if one of your customers has an issue with your organization, you want them to come to you with the concerns. You don't want them to walk away silently. Once you've trained your customer to walk away instead of talking to you... you have lost something that's incredibly important.

It's not just that they walked away... it is that they've lost faith in your ability to help them.

The significance of that small shift in the playerbase's approach to dealings with DBG is FAR more important than one player losing a couple of parceled items. If they had any business sense at all, DBG would realize that they're not really saving money by cutting support to he point where they train us to walk away.

I feel like they should add a Named mob in the next expansion called Sustomer Cupport. It should be incredibly hard to get anything useful to drop from it to the point where you're actually surprised when a positive outcome is attained.
  11. Talif Augur

My personal experience with this is that the item got returned 30 days later.
  12. Leeanni Elder

Yes, I mailed something once to my son's character. He was away from EQ for a couple of months and since he didn't log in to claim the parcel, it was returned to me.
  13. Motherlee Augur

I got items returned as a 'one time courtesy' back when we had customer support. There's no timer on how long stuff can be in the system anymore.

I use the parcel system to find out if a name I want is available.
  14. Bigstomp Augur

Feel free to re-aquire the items in game. If you bother to file a petition, no idea what to say other than it takes over a week before they apparently evenly look at your petition.
    Personally, I can live with that, if they give us some new raids to make up for the lack of CS.

If they can't answer in issue in less than a week, and decide to touch my credit card... I'll be calling my CC company.