Exploiting Loot Gains Via /pick

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Throndor, Jun 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Throndor Augur

This is another pertinent way to address the issue.
  2. Gimple Elder

I don't believe you can use /pick while in combat.
  3. Throndor Augur

This may have been brought up initially when /pick was being designed or disclosed on how it would operate, but originally this feature was to be limited to entry level zones which notoriously do not contain top-quality loot. When this feature was extended to include top end group zones, AND NOW zones which were originally excluded because they contained raid mobs, it needed to be revisitted. +1 captain hindsight, but not even hindsight can be rendered entirely clear on this "evolving" matter.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  4. Fatal New Member

Let's just REMOVE pickzone and let people see how that goes.. 200 people in an entry level zone.. Cry some more.. You can't win either way.. Succor, no succor, it's a wasted attempt.

Your gonna hear crybabies both sides of the spectrum. I'm really getting tired of these servers anyway. They are down or being rolled back left and right. And if you afk for 5 minutes you get kicked, but I watch some people afk for hours on end and never get kicked.. What gives?
  5. Throndor Augur

No, if you swim to the very bottom of phinny's lair and pull him with a non-damaging spell, he will warp/path to your location without triggering the z-axis of the starfish allies above.
  6. Proh New Member

So I've personally watched a 5-6 boxer named Knight on Lockjaw abuse this camping Lord/AM. His method is he clears the AM/lord named, sits the cleric the AM room to "claim" AM and pickzones the rest of his army to a different instance. Once AM is back due in his cleric's instance he ports his army back into that zone and flip-flops his cleric to whichever other instance he's farming to keep that one "camped".

This will be coming to an Efreeti camp near you come July unless you at least succor them to the zoneline and make the boxers work a little harder.

*Yes I've done this at frenzy back when there weren't many high levels on Lockjaw, I was flipping between 4 Guks that were open on a Saturday morning, each zone ranged from 1-6 people. It was amazing, it felt dirty.*
  7. Throndor Augur

Translation:."if you're going to do a change like this, which will negatively effect my rate of loot generation enjoyed by exploiting it as is, than why don't u just remove pickzone entirely, and let me continue to dominate the economy by monopolizing camps with my mage army"

rage on brother.
  8. Throndor Augur

Yeah. unfortunately, the people who really KNOW how exploitative current design on pickzone is, have to actually be there doing it to realize how bent it is. Subsequently, the people in the know who need to support a measure to change this feature, are also the people exploitatively benefitting from it. This realization is precisely why it's a complicated subject.
  9. Wiji Elder

It is a problem of a greed and bad game design more than instances themselves.
    Should just make all the decent gear temporary NO-DROP for 2 weeks after dropping. People that actually want/use it will camp it, people just farming for money will go elsewhere.
  10. Rils New Member

Should have clarified I guess, but I was referring specifically to the fast travel utility it would bring, not escaping from combat which it would not do.
  11. Throndor Augur

Cons: players don't have to ask a wizard to evac after they get a port to WK on their way to Queynos"
  12. Ultrazen Augur

Given how overpowered out of era damage is via things that require no loot (mage pets, monk fists), this seems completely like a non issue. If anything, people should be happy that classes that require gear to function (which in general suck in this expansion) have more chances to get their hands on it. This is especially true on servers where there are 2 to 3x the number of people crammed onto them.

It's also a non issue because every single piece of gear available in classic is just about completely worthless. Classic gear is just so meaningless. Someone got a piece of gear with 10 ac on it...on no, meanwhile, raid boss x6 mage army is making a mockery of the content.

This is like complaining that someone spilled a glass of water, while a broken dam is gushing in the background.
    Gimple and Eldrian like this.
  13. Ishbu Augur

It clearly is an issue, in fact you are the first person in a 4 page thread to somehow get the idea its not an issue. If it wasnt an issue, it wouldnt be possible to bring it up as an issue. Run along if you have nothing constructive to provide.
  14. Throndor Augur

And, the devs are addressing the raid scene as higher priority obviously. So, "never fix anything" is your stance, or "ignore everything problematic until the raid scene is fixed", or "fix the raid scene to screw over raiders, but don't do anything that might selectively target group-level-farmers"? Which is it?

One does not need a master's in rhetoric to see through the subtext of what you're saying, or not saying, for that matter.
  15. Fatal New Member

Lol, I've got 100 plat to my name and barely have 1 PC to level 30, but yeah you hit the nail, right on your head. I just hate hearing all the moaning every single time something new is introduced. Same old song, every time...

I don't play a mage either.. but thanks.

I'll tell ya what I do like, as a player that's playing just as I would have in 99. I like that the gear prices are falling, because who wants to pay 500plat for 1 item when you might make 100p a week. Not me. I'm sure I'm not alone. Long live the lower prices..
  16. Throndor Augur

sometimes, "new features" or features which are evolving to include highest tier content need to be adjusted along the way. That is the nature of an evolving, persistent world, mmo. This is precisely why p99 is so full of fail. With '99, the classic zealots regress and restore admitted bugs, which had been adjusted or fixed throughout the EQ timeline. If you want brash, unyieldingly poor design, there's a server for you.
  17. Massimo_Bertoxx Augur

500 plat in a week? Do you ever play? That's two solid groups in an evening of play just from the gems and fine steel drops.
  18. Massimo_Bertoxx Augur

It's a restoration project. Once you understand and grasp that it makes perfect sense.

It might not be your cup of tea but don't denigrate what they are doing because of your personal preferences to the contrary. They've done an amazing job considering the limitations of the titanium client and certain nitpicky things that apparently can't be emulated accurately. The only real problems there stem from being stuck in kunark for 4 years, which is understandable since it's a hobby for the people doing it.

No need to slam on that project to make your point here.
  19. Brunlin Augur

Agree with the OP..I was thinking about this very thing today. If you /pick zone...you should be moved to the zones succor point and or evac point. This would cut down on being able to exploit camps
  20. Eldrian Augur

See that's where you just don't understand that for many of us who came back to play on RF an evening of play only consists of 30 mins to an hour, and that's not every day. This server was advertised to bring back the crowd that had left EQ, and it has done that. We want to enjoy the game we just don't have the time that some of you others have.
    Gimple likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.