Raid Changes coming in July

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Aristo, Jun 18, 2015.

1. Eskey Journeyman

I already have... Almost three weeks ago.

After hitting 50 and experienced my first set of drama I stopped playing here.

That hasn't stopped me from hoping that my voice might be heard and they create a way for me to play the game I love without you being a part of it.
    Barton likes this.
  2. taliefer Augur

18 expansions have instanced content. 8 of those have open world bottlenecks.
    Rhiyannon and Groans like this.
  3. Vileborg Journeyman

I don't want to amend my earlier post but I wanted to add to it. So far I think the dev team has done an amazing job of handling the obstacles that have been encountered. It's been exceptional in meeting the needs of the fan base and handling an overcrowding to which I've never witnessed.

Many kudos to the development team and their continued aide in making the experience better.

The changes listed in this notification will help more players get planar gear and some of the other loot drops that are permanently camped in those single instances. I think they were much needed changes.

That said, we still need instancing. Give us casuals an instance that we can zone into every couple of weeks for a raid mob. Leave the open spawns as they are so the hard core people can still maintain supremacy but give us this bit to maximize our nostalgia and keep us paying.
    Equanimity, Agrippa, Groans and 2 others like this.
  4. patius New Member

That would be awsome
  5. Bufonidae Elder

I see the hardcore raid crowd looking down on everyone that wants a casual, fun experience.
    I see the casual crowd complaining about the elitist, socking raiders.
    Truth is the population to content balance is WAY outta whack, the announced changes look like they aren't nearly gonna fix this problem... but time will. The population will dwindle and there will be more content.
    I've been in top end raid guilds and tiny group oriented family guilds... the most fun I ever had in this game was when I was in a mid range CASUAL RAID guild... the two words aren't opposites that can never go together and I'm really looking forward to the time (I expect around Velious/PoP) that this becomes viable. I'll never again sit in a zone for 8 hours in the middle of the night to poop sock a couple nameds, but I'm really looking forward to scheduled raid nights once or twice a week that let me enjoy the raid experience without having to butt heads with l33t r4id3rz.

The main difference I see with the new company is the emphasis on competition. Verant/Sony stressed community standards and cooperation.
  6. Valhallon New Member

Me and my 4 active accounts agree completely with this guy. I *will* not pay 4 subscriptions and continue to be *very* active in Store purchases if this goes forward. PLEASE Instance and do not increase difficulty to the point that smaller guilds have zero shot of enjoying raid target fights.

Seriously? I am very disappointed by this news. Would it really kill you to just instance the blasted raid bosses and be done with it? Why do we have to have this intense level of competition? I'm not saying give everybody and their brother a free instance with a chance at the bosses, but there is just no sense in this level of restricted access to raid targets in this day and age. Raid bosses restricted to spawning in the main instance only with reduced spawn time & more spawn time variance? Sounds like a p___socker's dream to me. Make the raid targets more difficult after a select few people have had 4-6 weeks to farm them on easymode? That sounds fair, right? Scrap this plan and just instance the freaking zones like all the others. There is no need for this nonsense. I would like a shot at seeing classic content in-era without having to become a 'socker and without dealing with super competition and the drama that arises from it. I do not approve of these plans. Full instancing of the raid bosses is what we need.Edit: Do we really need to have competition for raid targets to enjoy the game? Everything in MMOs is instanced these days, including modern EQ, EQ2, and everything else. It is not fun to have everything be contested because it leads to cheating and drama. The only way I can accept this plan is a GM-sanctioned rotation - and I don't really like that plan either. This "DPS rule" has got to go. I am not going to pay $30/month for a wild-west "no rules" game - you guys need to police it. Instance the raid bosses and institute a lockout timer. I've never been more disappointed in news about the progression servers than I am right now.
    Barton likes this.
  7. Vaclav Augur

To be fair, if some of the rumormilling is correct - the "difficulty adjustments" aren't really much besides nerfing some of the overpowered issues we're dealing with right now. (Pets being overly strong, HT being overly strong and HTH damage being overly strong)

They won't be pushovers like they were to the pet issues or HTing instantly dead - but they should be at least a shadow of their old difficulty - not overtly more difficult than the old days - with those changes should the rumors be accurate.
  8. rekais910 Augur

Welp I took a nap and I finally caught up on the content. This is kind of ridiculous. I've seen plenty of great ideas. A lot of people being idiots. The point still stands that instancing does not hurt the top guilds as much as they claim. People are saying they are meeting half way but this is not half way. Half way would be the 3 months non instanced raids and 3 months with both non instanced and requestable instanced raids. Or both from the beginning but instanced raids have longer lockouts in general than the normal spawns. The idea that competition is important is the problem because the sheer amount of people and the level of competition pushes the boundaries of what competition is anymore. Competition still exists in instancing. Lots of TL on here say that this is the way they like it and denying people from experiencing the content is a regrettable downside, but there are very reasonable ways to allow everyone to enjoy the content and none of which are free loot hand outs. They will work hard to get their loot. The top raiding guilds will work harder and get more loot out of it. Without the prime aspects of what classic used to be (community standards, pnp, GM enforcement) you can't have the rest of the prime aspects (aspect.. competition) in even balance. I believe that the people who are fighting for these changes need to continue to voice their opinion to the Devs. And frankly I almost believe that a vote would be nice too. There are plenty of options that still preserve the "integrity" of competition that still allow all the enjoy the entirety of the content which we all play all access for.
  9. AngorfLadroTholuxeP Augur

We can all concede that EverQuest was always competitive, in one form or another.
    But what is so hard to understand about Ragefire being the most crowded server of all time, by a large margin? This means there are less raid targets/raid items per person than there ever were.

To add to this factor, a lot of people who are playing on the progression server, are playing because they want to raid. I don't know what is so hard to understand. Raid targets should be available to any guild with the levels and abilities needed to down the target, period. The "instance, but one expansion behind" idea is silly, because like I said, if we have the levels and abilities, we should have a chance. Many of us don't want a second job or to have to look over our shoulders worrying about other players, at that point it is just not fun.

There is no more PNP, and the fact that if one guild engages a raid mob after another but out dpses them is OK, is just sickening. Add to that the cheating, rmt, boxing, and botting, and you just have one damn toxic environment. No wonder so many people don't want to compete at these targets, it's not worth the frustration because we have enough common sense to realize that there simply is not enough to go around for the thousands of people on the server.

No server was ever like this. You use the "it's classic" argument when it's convenient, but are just to say "it's not classic, it's TLP," when the point doesn't work in your favor. This fix does not help address raid content availability, it is just a lazy load balancing fix that gives comfort to the fact that you will at least have a chance to level in zones like Seb and Karnors once Kunark goes live.
    Rhiyannon and Mardy like this.
  10. Njall Journeyman

Which developer has toons in TL? Getting a little pissed about the catering to that guild and their ilk - from this "bs" change to allowing an unlock vote A MONTH after the server launches (which TL will skew to pass) I often wonder if the only motivation of daybreak is cash,, and has NOTHING TO DO with having a great individual player experience.
  11. rekais910 Augur

Dude I am so glad you posted such a post directly after mine. These are real problems that need to be addressed. As I said there are plenty of meeting halfway options that actually open up content to everyone while still giving the hardcore guys the advantage and competition they want to work for with whatever amounts of time they want to spend.
  12. Barton The Mischievous

I don't see why we can't just get 10 day lockout instances that flag on entrance w 32 man minimum to request. Casual guilds Get 3 shots a month. Hardcore guilds get 3 shots plus whatever they can fight out in the normal zones. How is that not fair? Ok yes you would have more loot than "classic" but there are more things than I care to name that are not truly classic on these Progression servers or heck even 14 day lockouts that is 2x a month us "casuals" could have a shot to raid. How much would 2 or 3 raids per month for all the other guilds really hurt you super competitive guilds or the Devs? It would be a true compromise both sides would not really be totally happy, but at least more casual players would get a few chances at raids in era
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  13. Hendar2 Augur

Because Aristo doesn't like the idea. Absolutely 0 interest in what the community thinks.
    Rhiyannon and Jaxarale01 like this.
  14. rekais910 Augur

I don't know about that though. I think if we continue to voice our concerns they very well might do something else. This is a problem and their solution will help with the competitive guilds but not the overall problem. Give it time and continue to voice yourself to the Devs. tweet them and give them more reasons and reasonable ideas without "spitting venom" at them. I tweet holly all the time about the issues that were on fippy and the issues on ragefire and will continue to do so. Though ever since this post Holly has been strangely quiet. They may be watching the reception that these changes receive. Mostly it is negative because the people wanting to enjoy the content out weight the ones who are into the excessive competition, and that is because the amount of content available is not in balance with the sheer amount of population.
    Barton likes this.
  15. Barton The Mischievous

I'm not sure which team members don't like the idea, but we don't have to convince all the team members. We need to convince the Boss that our idea is more fair and equitable for the most number of players than what the Team wants.
  16. Fiyero Augur

Raid targets are available to any guild with the levels and abilities. Rosengard is taking raid targets away from TL. What's stopping every other guild who is here to raid?
  17. Agrippa Augur

Rts crews bought out the GMs on P99. Does it come as a surprise that our own Holly and developers might be looking to supplement their income?
  18. rekais910 Augur

The sheer population to raid available is what is stopping them. You can't say that it is truly available. It's available to CONTEST. Does not mean that it's available.

biased and useless in this forum post.
  19. fonrus New Member

Except EQ has never been about what is equitable for the most number of players. It's ALWAYS been about from the very first Nagafen kill. I actually have no problem with strategies in games with pvp, but it's what drove me from EQ the first time, and I am feeling max nostalgia.
  20. Vaclav Augur

Are you trying to say Socking? Because I was there at the first Nagafen success (well somewhat, was at a friends house while he was playing) and it was basically a pickup raid, FoH proper was doing it and led it but they were inviting basically anyone else who wanted to come along. (Which included my friend - the one who introduced me to EQ in the first place and convinced me to buy it day 1 with only a few hours toying with his beta account)

Maybe it was about socking relatively early on a handful of servers - but the "very first kill"? Absolutely not.