Glow the magician saying goodbye.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Gooz, Jun 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maxe Augur

Oh look another TL member who probably bots and then comes on the forums and talks down on people after already being a jerk in game. Must be one of those "small number of bad apples" in TL.
    Kellaer likes this.
  2. Elkay Augur

Preaching to the choir, sir! I know the logical solutions are straight forward, it's a matter of how painful the code fixes are or if they refuse to deviate the TLP from Live code.
  3. Flandersian Augur

[IMG]
  4. Captainblood Lorekeeper

Again, you miss the point. Instances, raid lockout timers, griefing regulation... This is what was asked for and much of it was not delivered. I don't believe anyone is asking for a handout, but I understand your need to be exalted. The top end are the best; we all know it. Some of the player base, however, is unwilling to participate in the box army zergfests, the KSing, the taunting, or any unscrupulous behavior that is so prevalent in the high end. Many would rather quit than stoop to that level, even in a digital realm.
    Rhiyannon and Gskiel like this.
  5. Steampunk Augur

Buh bye, Felicia.
  6. Aryabear Lorekeeper

They don't make much from the box armies at all. People who had them from get them from live or eq2 then use them here, then sell items to get more.
  7. Gythlen Augur

Uhm, what was lost was a PLAYER. Who cares what their class was. They were a person who was enjoying the game their own way.

Sorry to see you go, Glow. Your post was well thought out and not some horrible spillage of curses and nonsensical words.
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  8. Roxxanna Augur

Good luck on your journey Glow, wherever it takes you, your the type of people I look to group with, the type which, sadly, are becoming rare.
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  9. Dark_Intentions Augur

P99. No boxing allowed. Griefers are punished. Velious coming soon.
  10. Denyu Lorekeeper

Glow noooo!! You were one of the most fun players I've encountered on Ragefire, you'll be missed.
  11. Endtimes Elder

Determined to use this gif at all costs, forcing it to fit where it doesn't belong

How lame
  12. Flandersian Augur

;)
  13. Misaligned Augur

While I would like to believe this is true, I don't have access to any actual data to support this view. Presumably, DBG does have some sort of business intelligence solution in place and does analyze their sources of revenue. Like it or not I think the decisions we see implemented are a result of this data.

Having said that, I think their handling of things and lack of enforcing the PNP in particular is terribly irresponsible.
  14. Blutarsky New Member

Cud I have yer stuff?
  15. Oakengroves New Member

Long time lurker, first time poster, here.

This is a very sad but great post. Probably the best reasoned and written post I've seen since these forums launched.

It is sad to see someone who appears to be a great member of the community leave for legitimate reasons. Daybreak should realize that its most loyal customers are not individuals who monopolize content, "DPS RACE BRUH," or who act like children perpetually trapped in Barrrens-OOC chat. Those people are toxic and will eventually cause the server population to die.

This is a "maximum nostalgia" server. Everquest's outstanding community was the most important and "classic" feature of the game. The play nice policy was another important, classic feature. These are extremely important features necessary for the long-term health of the server.

Daybreak should seriously consider taking action to prevent abusive game mechanics and
    players who introduce toxicity into the community from ruining the game for the vast majority of customers. Punishing trolls, immature children, and toxic members of the community is the answer to this server's problems. It is the answer to most grouping and raid problems.

Fix these problems now by enforcing the play nice policy and instating a guide system. Fix them now while people still play on this server. There is much more revenue to be earned in a well policed "classic" server than in yet another TLP that turns into a ghost land inhabited by a handful of raiders a few times a week.

Take action while there is still time, Daybreak.
    Gythlen and Rhiyannon like this.
  16. Destroying Angel Lorekeeper

GMs are involved in said bad activity (one is affiliated of TL) and condone it. The developer response to the raid issues was plain stupid and smack of someone who is also in this mindset.

Everquest seems to be a race to bottom now. Either act like an : box, train, KS or get lorded over by those who do.

Why am I paying to play this game again?
  17. RadarX Augur

Closing this up!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.