Raid Changes coming in July

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Aristo, Jun 18, 2015.

1. Ceffener Augur

WoW 6.2 and a new FFXIV Expansion on Tue.

Would love to see sub numbers at end of 30 days.
  2. Gknight Journeyman

Good move. This gives a lot more plane gear to be farmed for the casual players. and they get shots at raid mobs now, if they aren't to hard...gonna be nice to see harder difficulty and healers have to actually heal.
    And more efreeti boots!
  3. AlmarsGuides Augur

Exactly. That is why this server was such a huge success and why an insane amount of people are here.

People want to relive the experience they once had, not have it contorted and altered until it isnt even recognizable.

There is a reason people came back to Everquest because of this server and have quit WoW and other MMORPGs because of the reasons you mentioned.

Is there no Aesop Fable I can quote from google about a man that ventures from land to land, destroying each as he goes, changing each land into the same land before it only to realize that at the end of his journey he kept changing each land into the land before it that he loathed and he realizes he never stopped and took the time to enjoy it; just tried to change it?

Cause I really want that.
    Oakenn Tigerspirit and Gknight like this.
  4. Osangar Journeyman

Casuals aren't expecting to keep up with current content. Casuals want an opportunity at relevant content. When one or two guilds determine availability sometimes for several expansion past current when exactly does that opportunity arrive? It's not like the TL like guilds will just move on from Velious because PoP opened. Now they just farm all those mobs for cash loots. And they were still raiding then when Luclin popped cause they still had some viable loots and their alts need loots too I mean cmon, b0x#4 parsed low last raid...

My dumb fault for getting my hopes up. DBG caters to hardcores, they've made that clear.
  5. Indigo Augur

16 year old game is the point and how it was "back in the day". Isn't that what you casuals want? A "classic" feel? A "classic" game?

Once we get to GoD, everything is instanced. Then be as casual as you want, BUT you won't be defeating any content then either.
  6. RainbowTest Augur

I'm on Lockjaw so I actually kinda am looking forward to this. I'd like to see a solution to the asshattery that occurs on a regular basis in the planes though. How bout make the charm and memblur spells unable to be casted in the planes much the way levitate and swarm pets can't be cast in sky.
    Gknight and Glistarian like this.
  7. EqEqEq Elder

I just reread the post and here is the issue. You say "some" but I think it's a overwhelming majority of the players that want instancing. How about a vote to see who's right?

We firmly believe (the playerbase) that having fun is a definitive component of the original EverQuest experience and your plan is anathema to that pursuit.
    Rhiyannon and Barton like this.
  8. Oakenn Tigerspirit Augur

You mean every game doesn't cater to the same group and exclude everyone else?!?!?! OMG.

You know there may be a reason so many people stick with EQ and wait for a "replacement" right? Because the "here everything is handed to you solo and with 20 hours of work" doesn't work for everyone. Some of us want to earn .

If you think WoW does it better go play WoW..
    Gknight likes this.
  9. Kellaer Augur

Yeah, this is a good change, I can't argue with that.
  10. Ceffener Augur

Games that make lots of money cater to both.
  11. Baulkin Augur

As someone who plays during non US hours...this sounds like fun to me.

Baulkin <Rosengard Guild>
    arwilly, Glistarian and Gknight like this.
  12. Darth Augur

Nothing in this life is free. If you want to come play on Lockjaw then re-roll like all the other people playing on lockjaw did.
    Glistarian and Gknight like this.
  13. Mardy Augur

If we put this in perspective with any other MMORPG's in the genre, the amount of players on Ragefire + Lockjaw is minuscule compared to other MMO's. So while yes, it's a WILD FRIGGING SUCCESS if you compare it to EQ Live servers. But let's be real honest here, we are but a tiny fraction of gamers out there that still want to play this way. So let's not get too carried away with talking about how there are an "insane amount of people" here.

Insane compared to EQ Live, sure. But the numbers here won't even support a standard MMORPG on the market. I just want to put this out there first, because it's important people don't get too big of a head living in this lil EQ world we're playing in.

Now, I'm not your enemy here. I'm being vocal for a large population on the progression servers that want a shot, a chance, to see these raid content. While you're right, people want to relive the experience they once had, it doesn't mean they want it raw. Look at the success of Ragefire compared to Fippy, you might ask why? What's the difference this time around? Oh that's right, there are instances everywhere! Last round of TLP servers, a lot of people left within a week or two because they couldn't stomach overcrowding and lack of exp camps. They were very vocal about these annoyances on the forums. But this time, they added pickzone instances for the lowbie zones right away, so people were able to level, and actually experience the content they came back to experience. Instancing is a big change from classic, but people embraced it, it actually was met with great enthusiasm and the population shows.

When the overcrowding started to creep up into mid to high level zones, Daybreak made the move to instance them all short of a few raid zones. Again, these changes allowed players to relive and experience things they came back to experience. So here we are at the cross road again, enough players are up there where they would like a chance to see raid content. Daybreak must find a way to once again allow players to experience the content they came back to see. Their current solution proposed in this thread will not do it. Their current solution will only cater to the top 5%, the same who have raid content on lockdown.

Let's not pretend Ragefire is a full raw classic experience. Mages are way overpowered, literally all classes have overpowered stats that do not make these content hard at all. There are no hell levels, no item drops on corpses. It doesn't take forever to level from 1-50 anymore. There are instances everywhere! There's legal RMT trading of kronos! So the arguments about how people wanted to come relive their old experience raw just do not fit. If that's what people really wanted, they wouldn't be playing on Ragefire/Lockjaw. People are here to experience and see what they remember, this includes the ability and chance to experience and see raid content.
  14. Jamz Augur

Sorry bros, don't think you're getting instanced content.
    Gknight likes this.
  15. RandomStrategy Augur

Please, please just tell me one thing:

Tell me you re-named the stronger raid mobs either:

"XXXXXXX on Speed"

or

"XXXXXXX on Bath Salts"

This would easily explain their increased difficulty.
  16. RadarX Augur

As a reminder, please keep posts constructive and on topic to avoid moderation.
    Gknight likes this.
  17. Eskey Journeyman

What no one seems to get is this isn't EverQuest competition anymore. Everquest competition was ALWAYS first in force... Leap frogging and ksing raid targets was a serious offense. The only reason the EverQuest raid system worked was because there were rules.

Without PNP/GMs the ONLY solution is instancing. Most of the old school players would rather leave the game than stoop to the childish antics that are going on currently. We would rather not play than have to fight with other people every second we are logged in. I have a job for being miserable, I play games to enjoy myself.
  18. rekais910 Augur

I raided with Citizen on Fippy. In order to keep up with such a hardcore raiding I:
    A:Started in my last year of college and had the ability to study while Poop socking
    B:Graduated and then lived with my parents while still hardcore raiding
    C:Got a job and realized that I didn't have the time to raid as I was anymore and ended up having to quit.

During my time I dealt with many instances of TL pulling crap. Citizen out mobilized TL on raid targets often and on plenty of those cases we were trained by TL (Mugatu, ect) and then they took the raid target. TL's leadership (Thraka) dispelled mezzes during events (SSRA emp) after we won the initial dps race on the trigger target (Blood of ssra) to keep Vex thal locked down, after multiple attempts where our mezzes just "didn't seem to hold" we realized he was doing this and a GM intervened but by the time that happened it was extremely late and we had lost part of our raid force after the already ridiculous 40 hours of poop socking (something wrong with the mob spawn, it was silly). There were GM's far more active on Fippy. The same could be said even more so in Classic which kept people civil. Now there is almost no GM activity save for certain things (cheating/hacking) which they don't let us know they are looking into it as Holly said on Twitter. As a hardcore raider who successfully raided during the non instanced era's I have to say that I don't wish the that is spread during those era's by TL on anyone hardcore or casual. As well, I truly believe ,coupled with the difficulty changes for raid targets, that raid instances on lock outs would allow the working class and family people to enjoy the content but still require them to actually work for their loot. By no means does a person who doesn't devote 24/7 to a game mean casual, there are plenty of raiders who succeed and plenty out skill "hardcore" raiders with in their time constraints. Congratulations to you if you have 24/7 to obsess over Everquest, but that doesn't make you hardcore it means you have more time on your hands and most likely almost no life. No Trades in instances is a given. Anyone in Citizen can give you plenty of horror stories of the that happened on Fippy. And I'm sure many of the nice players in TL could share some horror stories about some of the Citizen members (I'm sure I could name a few Ex-citi members who were toxic, Thingtoo) as well when they get fed up with the tactics and ended up using them back against TL. Sadly this is the toxic environment that people are speaking of. Even after instancing competition still existed. Citizen still beat TL and EOE on occasion to be the first to take out raid targets in instances. I've read these posts as they have gone and decided to post on these forums for the first time. I have no seen anyone mentions these things. I have spoken to Citizen members who might agree with you, but the ones who seem to agree the most with it are the ones who I know for a fact have all day long to play and do whatever they want. Not to mention the fact that the ones who have jobs are possible paying for the ones who don't with Kronos in return for plat (which I don't have anything against). But the simple fact is that this caters to those who don't have the time to devote their entire lives to this game.
    Edit: to the previous post before me. I know that I don't want to have to stoop to the levels that TL has in order to play this content. This isn't competition it's a war zone. People aren't like "Darn we lost" they are "What the **** they just stole our mob/trained us/pulled some bullcrap/was that a fartaunt()?". Original EQ was the way it was because technology was LIMITED. There is a reason that they eventually instanced content (including instancing Plane of time which it wasn't originally I believe) and it's because they had the capabilities to do so which they didn't before. The amount of unpleasant, frustating and infuriating experiences just to enjoy the content of the expansions as astounding.
    Rhiyannon, SBC0 and Ohdanny like this.
  19. Sskefka New Member

Great job DBG. Seriously. I don't think anyone expected this, I am happy there is finally an update on what you guys where working on, now we can get back to playing and the "vote" trolls can find something else to whine and troll about, like how the raid mobs are copy's of there fabled versions. ;)
    Gknight likes this.
  20. Oakenn Tigerspirit Augur

Which is this mythical game you speak of? Cause last I checked it didn't exist.
    SBC0 likes this.