Raid Changes coming in July

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Aristo, Jun 18, 2015.

1. Nenake Elder

I hate to break it to you but there is very little skill involved in everquest. the ones who are bad at the game = the ones who have actual real life things to do like taking care of a family or going to work
    Rhiyannon, Finwen and Marek-EQ like this.
  2. AlmarsGuides Augur

Why do people think this helps 1 guild and only 1 guild? Can you explain that logic to me at all? Varied spawn timers, them giving the bosses some what of a strategy...

TL always quits the game once the bosses get instanced, maybe because they can only do zerg tactics, maybe because that's where the game gets boring. I personally don't care.

But adding varied spawn timers doesnt eliminate entirely, it will however add more time for different guilds to get there, mobilize and take down the boss.

I see a lot of people blaming TL on these forums for them or their guilds being bad or people blaming boxers on these forums for them or their guilds being bad. Time to just admit you're bad, that's how you can improve your gaming. Blaming everyone else for your shortcomings is not how you get better.
    Skadad, Warlorf and Gknight like this.
  3. Zublak Augur

The only people here excited about these changes are TL. Hence them praising you for what you have done.

Obviously it's helpful, but still most of us will not get a chance because they will just keep players in these zones at all times.

Ahh well, it is what it is. Grats TL on getting what you wanted.
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  4. Jordis Augur

Maybe the next progression server should go with opening the next expansion when a percentage of the guilds have killed the raid mobs instead of just the first timers.
  5. AngorfLadroTholuxeP Augur

I had a bad feeling about this right after I decided to consume the Krono I got in Commonlands after reading the first Tweet from Holly earlier... but whatever, they are still yet to receive another dime from me other than the $15 I initially paid.

First off, the biggest problem right off the bat just seems like blatant oversight. If they haven't fixed the prime instance of Commonlands, what happens when over 100 people want to compete for a prime instance raid target? They can't zone in because there are already too many people in zone, that's what happens.

Second, unnamed guild(s) are actually the ones to end up with the massive loot pinata (especially if the bosses are significantly harder).

Thirdly, variance just helps . It demands that one person from each group that wants an attempt at a target be waiting near said target with tracking (or lol) and then the batphone start.

The only other thing I have to say is that this decision just seems to reward nameless top, overcrowded, ***********, and cheating guild even more, and does not cater to anyone with any common sense or real life. I do not want a second job. I want a game to play and enjoy with friends after work.

Guess I won't really be playing that much until LDoN/GoD after all. Maybe I'll play to 55 on a char or 2. Have fun til then guys!
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  6. Gknight Journeyman

Lockjaw has plenty of mobs and rotations.
    the people crying about Ragefire and instances should just go try Lockjaw and get what they want.
    Jaxarale01 likes this.
  7. beyrak Augur

KUNARK in August please
  8. Jibeker Lorekeeper

If I got the chance to join TL, I would take it. I want into the raid zones, I want raid loot, I want to do that all over again. TL is the best chance anyone has at doing it.

The reality, though, is that TL is practically the only group that can. They can mobilize their force almost immediately. One of the requirements for being in the guild is playing 12+ hours per day. TL's sheer number and permanent camping of the raid zones makes it near impossible for anyone else. Also, they are memblurring and HT nuking raid bosses at 5% to ensure they get the kill. Allegedly.
    Mory Batbard likes this.
  9. beyrak Augur

Casuals can take a flying leap. Who cares about casuals crying about raid loot.
  10. Ducreux Augur

I'm in TL and I'm not excited about these changes.

Contrary to popular belief, many of us don't like socking a raid target for 3hours let alone 12 or 24 or whatever the new spawn variance is that DGC are thinking of implementing.

Increased variance does NOT help casuals, if anything it is absolutely the opposite as it is much harder to plan for and mobilize towards.
  11. Jaxarale01 Augur

LoL doesnt eliminate entirely? It makes it mandatory and it has already started... this just insures that it is the one and only thing that will happen going forward. (this was already the case, read the blame game thread and you will understand)

Bad? People are bad because they wont poopsock? They are bad cause they wont memblur? They are bad because they refuse to sink to the level of 10 year olds?
    You have a very interesting view of "bad"
    A chimp can hit one button with iboxer and win at this game... there is NO skill involved at all so take the "your bad" crap on down the road please..

/smh
  12. Jamz Augur

I will say, these changes they're making don't address anyones problem nor "TL's side" or "The Casuals" side. These changes literally make no sense lol, its like what are they doing?
  13. EqEqEq Elder

How about free transfers then to LJ.
    How about making a server with raid instances and offer free transfer and see how many people are left on Rage that actually like what's going on there.
  14. Jaxarale01 Augur

They wont do that, RF would be dead inside of a month and then TL would just xfer over and it would all start again...
    EqEqEq likes this.
  15. Vaclav Augur

So the no sarcasm earlier, was sarcasm....?
  16. Porygon Augur

If 16 year old content is not relevant to you, I have a great idea. STOP PLAYING THIS GAME.

And for the record. Most of the people playing are using other people's strats. Including the period that played 16 years ago.

But good on you assuming people that play now didn't play 16 years ago.
  17. Crabcakes Journeyman

Wasn't there something about a vote, too?
  18. Vaclav Augur

Read Ducreux's post - let that sink in and get back to us. You're not a dumb person on many fronts, but you're apparently dumb on this subject.
  19. EqEqEq Elder

First, chase away all the people from server that can't/refuse to PVP over raid bosses: Check
    Second, have vote to unlock Kunark early.
    Third, unprofit.
  20. Weverley Augur

I don't know about other people but to me early EQ raid was always ok i need a strong guild, i need to have somebody checking for raid boss spawn and i need to have enough people when 1 spawn.It was never that easy to be able to kill a raid boss on a current era.Granted now i don't need has much people has i use to need since classes are stronger now then what they were back in 1999-2000.If i was somebody with only a few hours a day to play i wouldn't even think about raiding.