Lockjaw - Pls Remove Character Timeouts now

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Serakan, Jun 17, 2015.

1. Serakan Lorekeeper

The server isn't max capacity anymore. There is no need for a queue and hence no need to time our characters out. One of my favorite things about EQ is that your character always persisted in the world as long as possible. This made things like hosting bazaar traders possible. It also means you can log all the kills happening on your server, respond to tells you miss while afk, and not have to relog all your accounts in once or twice a day. Thanks for the consideration! Please revert it back to the way it was.
    Aanuvane and arwilly like this.
  2. Bumpkin Augur

3. Rauven Augur

Leave it in. Prevents AFK farming.

As for bazaar trading.. they can enable offline trading ahead of schedule.

So again, no change needed.
    Jadefox likes this.
  4. Nolrog Augur

I would think that it would be disabled for anyone in trader mode.
    Jadefox likes this.
  5. Rynda New Member

This is a horrible idea. The only reason Serakan wants this in is to feed his RMT farming operation. He sets timers on his mage box army that alert him when a spawn occurs so he can farm the items and sell them for cash. Serakan is a plague on the server and nothing whatsoever should be done to make it any easier for him to make a living (one I am sure he pays no taxes on btw) from a video game. Do not do this. He is only looking out for himself.
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  6. Kellaer Augur

Chances are, if the individual that posted this thread thinks its a good idea, its a bad idea.
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  7. Aanuvane Augur

I don't farm anything and I still find them terrible annoying.
  8. Fiyero Augur

Thought you hated this game and are quitting?
  9. Cidran Augur

It's annoying, but gladly there are no more queues for now, so all you have to do is log back in... Doesn't hurt as much as it used to :)
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  10. Crabcakes Journeyman

Now if they could just get rid of the /pick cooldown if you try to go to a semi-full instance...
  11. Riptide666 Elder

It doesn't stop bots anyway. Saw a couple in Runnyeye camping for long stretches of time. I don't leave my comp on all night, but it'd be nice if I didn't have to bother people for summoned bags every time I log in throughout the day.

But still, this is probably better than having afk bards, monks, necros, and sk'is parked in every camping spot "claiming" camps.
    Jadefox likes this.
  12. Weverley Augur

I agree Serakan is having trouble with his mage bot army and he doesnt want to have to move every 30mins lol good enough for me to leave it on.