Voting on Expansion Unlock

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by TarewMarrForever, Jun 13, 2015.

1. Tarrin Augur

And I am completely fine with either. If the majority of the server population doesn't want an unlock vote, so be it. I can accept that. All I am saying is give the current Ragefire/Lockjaw community a chance for their specific voice to be heard.

If what I want doesn't win, will I be bummed? Sure. But at least I can rest assured what Ragefire/Lockjaw actually wants is being implemented. Once again, I am not saying the original poll was rigged or invalid. It was their only option at the time. Now, they have better options to get a more clear picture of the current batch of TLP servers' mindset.
  2. Tarrin Augur

On what grounds will you ask for a refund? They clearly said before the server launched they may change the 6 months thing based on player feedback once things started.

So..good luck with that.
  3. taliefer Augur

mages are just as OP during kunark. even moreso if they get their epic. kunark isnt going to solve any problems. its going to make them worse.
    Kopuz likes this.
  4. Vlerg Augur

kunark provides melee and tank with enough gear to compete with mages half their lvl. unlike in classic.

but yes, Velious is where raid bosses will pause problems to mages.
  5. Kopuz Journeyman

I agree with you 100%. I signed up to play Ragefire once the rules were posted based off the community vote. It is not my fault that some children play for 20 hours a day and run out of content in a week? I have a couple hours to play every other night, and it will take me another month or more to reach 50. DBG you have done everything perfectly so far, you let the community vote decide the state of Ragefire and didn't go off what the loud whining liberals cried for. You opened up instances even in zones with loot drops. You positioned this server to aid the casual gamer. If you now open up Kunark before the voted on 6 months, you will be undoing a great deal of that great work you have done so far. Stick to the 6 month plan! It was the deciding factor for me to come back and subscribe with 3 accounts.
    Gskiel likes this.
  6. Fallfyres Augur

-----------------
    They said: "If it turns out that the majority of players on the server decide they want a change before that," .... that doesn't need any interpretation. It is literal. It very clearly means they need or would want to publically determine IF a majority of players are NOW (*as opposed to what was already voted in prior to the servers launching) interested in having another vote. Suggestions or number of posts on these forums is NOT inclusive of the entire subscriber base on the two servers. It in fact is just a larger anecdotal piece of data, much like our various personal opinions and examples used while stating our positions on the various debates herein.

Very simple. Two step polling isn't super complicated. The level of those who are allowed to vote must also be at a reasonably agreed upon requirement...this would be both for Step 1, to see IF there are a majority who want to re vote, and Step 2, an inclusion of all those who represent these two servers...

***NOT JUST THOSE WHO ARE AT A HIGH LEVEL,(WHERE THEY ARE HAVING TO DEAL WITH THE NEGATIVE CONSEQUENCES OF DBG NOT HAVING A PLAN B WHICH ADDRESSES END GAME BOTTLENECKING BECAUSE OF OVERPOPULATION.) This vote isn't to address the anguish of high level players who are having a hassle because this company didn't have a plan b. The vote would be to find out IF the MAJORITY of players on both servers WANT to re vote, and then to re vote on the changing of the length of specifically only this original expansion. It should also not be miscontrued to include all upcoming expansions unless DBG words the various poll choices as such.

You see, if the original expansion time is shortened, that will NOT only affect those high levels, it will affect all the players who are paying subscribers and who play on these two servers. So, it cannot logically be a requirement that only higher level players be allowed to participate in either poll, unless the entire re-vote is to be looked at as being set up as a guaranteed win for those who do not want to abide by the agreed upon, voted by a majority decision which DBG said this server would be based upon --- a 6 months timespan.

*Further, if this poll is announced here, on twitter wherever, I certainly hope players will take the time to regularly share and explain IN GAME that whether this expansion is shortened or Kunark is opened early, the issues facing endgame players are NOT going to be solved. I love Kunark and had looked forward to the chance to play in it later, after 6 months. Opening it sooner doesn't craze me out...but it is NOT going to solve endgame problems. That will just enable MORE locking down of value targets by those who CAN. Unless of course, our devs come up with a way of addressing THAT issue. It is still a separate challenge which shortening the length of classic original EQ is not going to nullify, period.

I'm sure DBG doesn't want that kind of negative publicity. I'm hoping they are putting staff ideas together about this situation, and separately about DBG's problem on these TLP's related to the high level capped players issues, and making some sound decisions to announce to us soon. That is what subscribers are now expecting.
    Shadva Del`Shai and Gskiel like this.
  7. Korillo Augur

No need for 2-step polling, why vote on whether or not you want to vote? What a waste of time. One vote will get the majority of the populations opinion, and they can make a decision based on that vote. Very simple. I'm sure the level restriction won't be too heavy, so as to include all the players actively playing.
  8. Fhiele Augur

You only want near-cap people to vote? So my vote doesn't count? Only people with 20-40 hours a week for everquest count, everyone else doesn't? Don't try to minimize other people's voices just because you disagree. Why bother having a vote if you selectively limit the voting population to bias the results.[/quote]
  9. liveitup1216 Augur

A disclaimer after the vote results were announced and only 4? days before server launch stating "Hey your vote may be completely disregarded" is hardly reason enough to deny a refund.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  10. Tarrin Augur

Wait.

Before the server even launched they gave the rules/disclaimer. A person then waited for the server to launch..then played on the server for nearly a month..and now they want a refund based on DBG doing something clearly stated they may do before they even started playing?

I want to make sure I am on the same page with the course of events.
  11. Glistarian Augur

Just unsubscribe. The writing is on the wall. These are race servers, just like the others.

The longer you wait, the more time and money you'll have wasted on this trainwreck.
  12. Tarrin Augur

Calling people who play more than you or disagree with you children? Check
    Brought politics into it to describe people who disagree with you? Check

Good job. I can tell you are a mature individual who has many great points to bring to this conversation.
  13. Hecula New Member

This is my honest solution to the situation: open Kunark early - moratorium on Vel vote for 6 months assured. All zones instances upon Kunark release including raids. There you go. Everyone wins a bit and everyone loses a bit. Essence of compromise.
  14. Finwen Augur

To be fair, the "disclaimer" was pretty vague. Saying that people would get to experience classic EQ for six months with the potential for an early vote probably didn't seem so bad to people if it happened at month 4 or so. We aren't even a month in, and we are already having a vote. I don't think the expectations of that time-frame are very reasonable.

If DBG gets the vote out soon though, there's still some time to cancel subs before the renewal period later this week.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  15. liveitup1216 Augur

I personally subbed before they added the "btw we might just ignore your vote /teehee" thing. So yeah I could see someone asking for a refund based on that.

People are claiming to be asking for refunds because of no raid instancing etc, so this is actually far more reasonable.

Edit: I'm angry they're holding a vote this early for Kunark and absolutely feel misled, but I'm not asking for a refund or quitting. Just saying the people who do are 100% justified.
    Fallfyres and Finwen like this.
  16. Iputthegrrrinranger Elder

Not that I'd do it, but you could always chargeback instead...

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chargeback

Anyway the early vote is a disaster of an idea, being promoted heavily by neckbeards who raced to 50. I will cancel all accounts if the 6 month period is discarded.
  17. Tarrin Augur

I think people are jumping the gun a bit on this. There is a difference between calling for a poll for different release date of Kunark..and the only option on the poll being "release Kunark right now!!!" I *want* a vote, and I don't personally want that option even available. But that's me.

Example, I'd like Kunark sooner than 6 months. I'd be more than happy voting for a 4 month option.
  18. Tarrin Augur

Good job at taking the high ground and not tossing out derogatory names towards people who play differently than you, regardless of how their personality is.
  19. Tarrin Augur

Fair enough. If you resubbed before the server went live, and you only came back for the server you only get a pro rated refund.

You paid 15 dollars but started your sub 2 weeks before the server started? Only 7.50 for you. This of course assumes you had zero activity on any other live server once Ragefire launched.
  20. Oakenn Tigerspirit Augur

You could gain less than 30% of a lvl a day and be level capped by the initial timeframe. Sorry but being 50 in 30 days is hardly neckbeard level. This isn't classic. You can easily gain 1-2% a kill in a group setting and kill 3-5x as fast as we did back in classic.

I went on vacation so am I 50 yet? No but in 6 months you could have multiple 50s, every tradeskill maxed, and 2 of every drop in the game playing less than 20 hours a week.