Holly's new tweet about raid zones

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Katmandu26, Jun 12, 2015.

1. Mardy Augur

They seem to react, just as even though people said a 2nd server was needed months before launch, they tried it first to increase capacity on Ragefire, add instanced zones, etc.. before deciding on the 2nd server. So just because they don't do something that people have asked for right away, it doesn't mean they won't still do it if they see it's needed. I understand from a business perspective how they have to see things with their own eyes first, rather than spend a lot of money and resources ahead of the time and take it on faith.

As for Holly's words? She has not disappointed, and despite what some devs and community reps have said on the forums at times, her words are final. So I'd trust something when she says it. Because frankly there's no reason to not trust what she's saying until she doesn't deliver. So far she has delivered.

I did not have this trust with EQ's previous producers. But really ever since she has taken over the job, she has kept that communication channel open with us and what she says, she has delivered so far.
    Zujilli likes this.
  2. vardune Augur

I hope the solution is pickzoning all raid content. Who cares how many people get raid gear its a game and if they have the raid force to tackle it fine. Even if some epic guild hits all the raid targera in all instances that will just get them gear faster and oit of the way. They can be first, who cares as long as they move on after and give the rest of us a chance.
  3. Peone Lorekeeper

If more raid targets is the question then Kunark is the answer.
    Zhama likes this.
  4. Peone Lorekeeper

Good Lord, go play WoW. Such noobs want everything given to them w/o competing.
    liveitup1216 likes this.
  5. vardune Augur

Wrong, that is not the answer. That is just more long spawn time single target raid encounters that will be perma farmed. Instancing the raid content up and including PoP is the only answer. The only people that will be affect by instancing or raid content are the RMTers, no body else will be affected.
  6. Indigo Augur

Kunark will solve a lot of these issues.
    gander likes this.
  7. Aneuren Tempered Steel

Really don't know how to react to this tweet. Roshen let's a thread go for 98 pages and then snips it with reasoning that should have otherwise closed the thread on page 1. The next day this tweet. I don't even understand why she bothered but who knows I guess.
  8. Glistarian Augur

She didn't say a single thing about raid targets. She said high population raid zones. AKA Hate.

Expect to see instanced zones without the raid targets.
  9. gander Augur

Please DO NOT INSTANCE raid targets. Once we get to Kunark, there will be more targets to compete for. The key word is "compete" as no one is really competing with TL. They are just whining.
    liveitup1216 likes this.
  10. Crabcakes Journeyman

I'm not even close to raiding yet...taking it chill this time around, but I second this post 224 times.
  11. Hendar2 Augur

Your first time playing Everquest? Welcome! I hope you enjoy yourself as much as we have for the last 16 years.

Kunark doesn't add enough raid content to change the current situation, but that is still OK! There are plenty of quests and places to visit to keep new players busy until Velious opens. Again, Welcome!
    Jadefox and Silv like this.
  12. Dark_Intentions Augur

The boss rotation only worked in the past, because servers were less populated (weaker technology), and there were far more servers to play. The players here are talking about 2 servers. Yes there are other servers, but this is a crowd that came back for these two new TLP servers specifically.

There is a threshold, a line at which gentlemanly agreements on rotation will not work. You can see this in any large crowd in any gathering, that social politeness breaks down over a certain number of people.

If I were Daybreak, I would develop the lockout/instancing system behind the scenes JUST IN CASE. We don't know how things will be in 3 months. Maybe enough people will quit. But I would not take a chance on a disaster forming, and people rage quitting rapidly. Get a system built that can be put in, and watch how things develop.
  13. Crabcakes Journeyman

Eh, I kinda think Hardcore peeps will get bored with limited vanilla content and park accounts for 3 months before coming back to own Kunark.
  14. Glistarian Augur

This is the thing. I'm wholly unsympathetic when no one is even trying for these targets.

Until there's actual competition for them, there is no problem to even consider.
    liveitup1216 likes this.
  15. Hendar2 Augur

It also appears to cater to DBG devs, who have resisted the idea from day -60 (or so). They are more important than subscribers.
  16. vardune Augur

Its not just single raid targets. Its solb, the hole, kk, fear, air, hate and perma. There is great loot in these zone that iall being camped to high hell. They need to each have 10 instances like lower guk. This would help with the over huge number of players about to hit 50. They will not have a sinlge thing to camp or do. They must be proactive and isntance all of this asap. For those of you that are wanting this you either completely dont understand the problem or you have a financial gain to be made by this not happening.
  17. AngorfLadroTholuxeP Augur

TL took all the hardcores in advance to eliminate competition in the front of the line and you know it, so I'm not going to argue with you; just give it a month, I promise you'll see what you're asking for. And many casuals want to raid, but just feel that it is not worth it given the current state of the game (myself included). If I was to raid at this point, I feel like it would not be fun.

I laugh because Holly's post is directly opposed to Roshen's, so I just am waiting for this thread to get shut down. If instead they said, something to the extent of, "We can't get proper raid dynamic zones ready immediately, but if we stick to the 6 month timeline for Kunark we can have them ready," well then I'd be excited and ready to resub!
  18. vardune Augur

You sir have no idea what the issue is and what the solution should be, you are level 36 it hasnt affected you. Please dont post unless you understand the whole problem.
  19. Groans Augur

This is good news, they didnt say instancing but they are looking for a solution. Great news, Im sure they will find one.
  20. Glistarian Augur

You're literally just whining. That's it.

Come back once you've even attempted to raid.