Twisted Legacy

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Wulvgeng, Jun 11, 2015.

1. Pikallo Augur

I'm not hurling insults or calling you a scumbag or claiming you have a mental disorder like many of the other people in this thread who are arguing with you. I understand where you are coming from and I understand competition. But the bottom line that you keep proving in every post is that you simply don't care about other people or how your actions affect them and you use competition and passion as an excuse. And all I'm saying is that people like you suck to be around.
  2. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Looks like to the masses your choices are 1) getting behind them in "line", 2) coming back at 3am and hoping a very popular/crowded zone miraculously empties out, or 3) "taken thur mebs!"

Tough decision =/
  3. DefenseEQ Augur

I wish there was another option.
  4. Jadefox Augur

I'm starting to think that maybe some people aren't quite capable of understanding that some players just don't find contested competition fun at all. Many players play to accomplish a goal. Their opponent isn't another person, though they may compare scores with others later. Instead their opponent is a clock, a score, or a challenge to be overcome.

EQ to many -- maybe even most -- is about cooperative game play. You and others working together to accomplish a task. Yes, for some there might be a thrill of excitement in Group vs. Group contests, but not for everyone, and I dare say not for most, or there would be multiple competing raiding guilds already at the "top". Instead, the top guild is awaiting any challenger to show up as has been said by multiple posters.

I enjoy meeting structured challenges and then changing things up and trying to meet the challenge with a different set-up just to see if it can be done. Way back when, I founded and led an all BST guild on FV. Through the forums, any who wanted to roll a Beastlord over on FV were welcome to come play with us, even if it was a spare mess-about character, especially due to FV's one character policy at the time. They came in droves from all different servers. We tried some crazy things. Even all BST raids, which at the time failed, but failed in a good way. It was fun and quirky; it was, however, never interfered with. I had to give up the leadership position due to being re-deployed, but before I left, LDoN had just been released, and our focus switched to there. That was a blast as well.

There was no PVP or competition with other guilds, because there was no need for any. Other guilds on the server watched what we were trying to do, and laughed along with us when we things went pear shaped. Yet, they never got in the way, and except for healing us up after a wipe, we didn't want their help, because the challenge was to defeat our target with just Beastlords. Yeah, futile maybe. But fun.

Currently, there are quite a few that just want to participate in a raid with their guild and meet the challenge of the game -- without interference from others, because contesting competition is NOT fun. Challenging the Raid mob IS. Golf and Bowling vs. Basketball or Football. How are these people supposed to attempt the raids in era if there's someone there ready to "compete"?
    There's no entitlement, cowardice, or laziness involved. These people just play for different reasons.

This is what I feel that many don't understand. I just wonder if it's an inability to grasp the concept or a willful ignorance. /shrug

--Jade
    <Disciples of Sha> RIP
    Lemuelbaruch likes this.
  5. Jezzie Augur

You can't compare Halo to EQ, it's all about killing players or the other team. Many people that play EQ don't play for that reason they play to actually meet new people and do new (or in this case "the old") stuff together.
    I used to love the high diving Rocket Launcher to the head in Halo, doesn't mean I'd try to apply those tactics in eq.

If I may bring your attention to this
    "The more I think about that...geez, my own family won't even play Monopoly with me anymore actually. They refuse haha, its quiet funny. I remember 4 hours games of monoply ending in tragedy at my house because of how competitive we all were and how badly people got beaten."

Try to think of the filthy casual peasants as your family. After all, everybody is living under the same roof (server) until they leave. Should the filthy peasant casuals become tired of being beaten every time they try to do something, then you should expect them to refuse to keep playing, the same way your family did!

If players continue to go looking for competition where none exists then it will end one way. A much smaller population. I believe that the history of Trak, Vulak and Fippy back that statement up.
    I think Vox was the first server that I encountered players/guilds that had no intention of ever raiding due to the drama that is involved.
    If you look at the guild recruitment for Ragefire how many guilds state that their intention is to raid end game content and compete with TL? This alone should tell you how the community feels as far as competition.
    Bumtil likes this.
  6. nectarprime123 Augur

It says that they want to compete. But so far, no guild has even attempted.
  7. Ceffener Augur

What I'm hearing is waiting for spaws is boring (understandable). You are logged on to play a game, so you want to play the game. The goal you have is to progress your character as fast as possible so as long as a mob isn't already engaged it's free game.

I agree that this is a game. Playing the game the way you want is enjoyable. Hopefully the dev team can come up with solutions that allow us to play the game in ways we enjoy.
    Fallfyres and Jadefox like this.
  8. Zublak Augur

Maybe I am in harsh in my words. But even being as descriptive as you were with your family, that's even pretty bad.

I to am a competitive person. I am very competitive at everything I do. However I do have something called respect and compassion. I actually take a moment to consider how I am effecting those around me. Do I know these people? No. Do I honestly care about them? Not really, because hell I don't know them. But I do respect them and understand they're here trying to enjoy a game, the same that I enjoy and I don't want to give them a bad experience. And also, I wasn't involved in this at all. I just read what was said in the above post regarding you and then your rebuttal.

So you can use any example you want, but at the end of the day you're a sad excuse for a person in the way you treat others. Period.

As with the OP and the topic. I've had good experiences and bad with TL. I have had more bad than good. Hell I enjoy watching Valarekt streams as I'm a fellow Monk and he seems like a pretty cool dude. But given the abuse I've encountered from TL, the way the leadership of their guild sits back and doesn't care. I personally choose to not deal with them. I don't group with them, I don't sell to them, buy from them, buff them, nothing. Just my personal choice. Now if one of them is kind to me, I am kind back. If I meet a TL member and they're cool, I'm cool with them. I'll group, buy, sell, buff etc.. with this person. But if I don't know the TL guy or if they're on my personal blacklist, I have nothing to do with them.

In ending the way your thought process is, I think people like yourself and Valkerine should be ban from the internet period. Obviously not something that's possible, but it'd be a good start.
    Lemuelbaruch and Keldaria like this.
  9. DefenseEQ Augur

Ceffener gets it! <3
  10. Jamz Augur

I'm just glad they aren't instancing raid content, that would have been awful.
  11. Jaxarale01 Augur

Wish this would stop... but I guess its posted on TLs website so you automatons can just repeat it verbatim.

There is no one left to compete. There are very very few people that enjoy this type of play style period.
    With your open enrollment you took in the vast majority of a huge minority of the population that plays that way.

Let me make the words small so you guys and DB will get it:

No one wants to compete with you.
    No one wants to deal with toxic behavior.
    No one wants to listen to talk.
    No one wants to be 30+ and act like we are 10 but you guys.
    We have all grown up... how about you guys do us a favor and do the same?

It has gone beyond being pathetic and is bordering on the psychotic at this point.

/dblfacepalm
    Hendar2 and Jezzie like this.
  12. nectarprime123 Augur

I am not TL and I have nothing to do with them. I am all for instanced raids.

Once another guild is in a position to go for these raid targets, things will change. I'm on your side! But complaining that TL has somehow ruined the game when no one has even put any effort into going for these targets makes no sense. If all the members of TL didn't exist, no one at all would be killing raid targets.

You wanna know what toxic behavior is? It's insulting an entire guild because they are doing something that you cannot.

I do agree with many of your posts but insulting people because they disagree with you is not helping your case.
    Dripping likes this.
  13. Ceffener Augur

Thank you. I understand there are competing desires. While my wants may be differnt than you wants. My end goal would be for us all to have an environment that is enjoyable for each of us.
    nectarprime123 likes this.
  14. Rauven Augur

I'm going to quote this, so that its less likely to be ignored.

Jadefox brings up an interesting point. There are many people out there that play for a variety of reasons. You have people who don't care about getting to the top. You have people who want to get there and do so in as a cooperative way as they can (or at least they claim to). And then you have those that wish to compete to the top.

Which one is right?
    Which one is wrong?

That's easy to say, whatever you're doing is 'right' and the others are 'wrong'. But in reality, all playstyles are right. The issue that comes up is that when two separate groups of players try to tackle something near or the same thing.

Or is that actually the issue? That's my question. Again, I think the majority of detractors in this thread are bandwagoning Free to Play players from the other servers. There might be one person who had a bad experience. But apparently he used confirmation bias to make the situation bad.

Here's 'my' perception of the events:

Aspect, the only person in this thread complaining about TL who seems to honestly play on Ragefire, actually provided evidence. Outstanding.. we finally got someone to do this. But.. the evidence is a cherry picked snapshot of the situation.. well crap, he didn't post the whole thing.

And therein it does us very little good. We don't know exactly what he said to the TL member. We just know the TL member reacted poorly. But I want to know why? The guy said it was due to being rubbed the wrong way. He didn't post evidence.. but since Aspect is making the claim, the burden of proof is on him to show the whole conversation. He didn't do that.

But I think I can put together what happened based on my own perception. I mean we're damning TL on perception, why not apply it to everyone else too?

The situation was that Aspect's group was doing some camp in Najena, minding their own business. This TL member, Mabbu was in the area also grabbing some mobs. Aspect told him to back off. Back off in a game where you're free to go wherever you wish. This put a bad taste in Mabbu's mouth and so he told him that he didn't care about Aspect's exp.

Suddenly that makes him the uber jerk of the server? Well I hate to tell everyone in this community, I don't give a damn about your exp either. I really don't. But the funny thing is, none of you care about my exp either. I bet you are not concerned if ol' Rauven gets to 50. It never crossed your minds.

But one thing that strikes me, is Mabbu said he was going to get one thing and leave. Aspect left that part in at least. That tell's me Mabbu was frustrated with the situation and just wanted out of there. So he wasn't there to make Aspect's day a bad one. He just wanted to get his drop and go. And then Aspect takes another jab at him, so of course Mabbu, doing what most guys would do, takes one back. The difference is, Aspect uses it out of context.

Mabbu's mistake was not ignoring aspect from the get go and just going about his business. But not many would. Many would have done what he did in his situation. I'm not justifying his actions. Both were wrong in this case. But what would anyone have done if they were told to 'get out of an area' by some complete stranger?

For me, a guild tag is not enough to damn someone without some sort of evidence of the guild's policy showing it is going out of their way to harm other players. No guild forms on such destructive behavior. Well some do, but they are not as successful as you would think. Jerks will naturally be jerks. And they don't care if you have the same guild tag as them.

But back to why I quoted what Jadefire said.

TL apparently wishes to be the best guild they can be as far as clearing content is concerned. They need numbers to do it. They need to be competitive with players, even players who don't wish to be competitive to do it. And do you all know why?

Because the moment they show any sort of kindness on a large scale, you all will exploit it. You will mistake kindness for weakness. I know how the general public is in these communities. They will take whatever measure they can to trample over someone if given the chance.

I said there are players who just play to have fun, get where they are going when they get there.
    That there are players who said they wish to cooperate to the top.
    And that there are players who wish compete to the top.

Well the majority claim to be the second one. But in reality they will compete when it suits them. If they know they can win the race, they will enter. The difference between them and competitive players is the competitive player will enter even if they know the chances of winning are not in their favor.

So who is more right in this situation?

There are some who are truly cooperative. But people like Aspect (or at least act like he did on a normal basis, sorry buddy but you broke a forum rule just to slander someone with only a snapshot of the situation, that doesn't look good on you) are NOT such people. Such people would extend an olive branch, even to those who have a 'bad reputation' and not damn them the moment they see them. They wouldn't take offense to the existence of such people upon seeing them.

As I've said before. If people would just leave guilds like TL alone. Stop posting BS about them. And just let it go. Then everything would be much better. Its just drama that isn't needed. It doesn't serve any purpose. You can't destroy them with words if you honestly hate them or even if they have honestly wronged you.

If no one is going to start that guild I suggested earlier to confront them. Then I don't see any reason why the discussion should continue, they will be there, you can't (won't) do anything about it. So why continue this? You're just going to get warnings on the forums.
    nectarprime123 and Dripping like this.
  15. Pikallo Augur

Of course that is the ideal situation lol. Master of the obvious. The difference is that the way this guy enjoys the game is that he has zero regard for anything other than his own interests and if it means that it ruins the experience for someone else - he doesn't care. In the words of the fictional Dr Ian Malcolm "you were so preoccupied with whether or not you could that you didn't stop to think if you should."

And I can't say this enough - I'm not trying to stop him or tell him that he can't play this way. He is fully within his rights to act this way. I just think people with this mentality are an unfortunate existence.
  16. Ohdanny New Member

Was camping ogres in WK about a week or two ago. I was there for a few hours before TL's Purielol and his 6-box comes up and jumps on my kills.

[IMG]

Messaged one of the officers and was ignored. EQ has no camps, sure, but this is the garbage that TL allows in their guild.
  17. Tegl Journeyman

If I will never be able to raid content, because it is too contested by people who play more than myself, then why should I pay full price for a product I am only able to use half of?

That's like saying you buy a ticket to universal studios, but their rides allow for people to ride immediately after riding (they never even have to get out of the coaster). The roller coaster junkies buy tickets, get there early, and ride all day for a very enjoyable experience. Everyone else who bought tickets....well sorry folks it's a open and public ride and they have downs....forever....enjoy our snack stations and shows!

That's why there are lines at theme parks...so everyone has a chance to participate in what they paid for.

Just...think about it....ffs.....
  18. Bryant Journeyman

You pay for cable but don't use it every day, you pay for your house or section 8 whichever u live in and don't use that 100% of the time right?
  19. Canik Augur

Bad analogy, as he can use all parts of those as log as he pays for them.
  20. Tegl Journeyman

Really your "example" works against you. I don't pay for a house to have people living in it for free, saying that I cannot access my guest bathroom because it is camped.

you could not have picked a better apples to oranges comparison than the one you did. Try harder, Bryant.