Twisted Legacy

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Wulvgeng, Jun 11, 2015.

1. Gregolo Augur

That's not what he said at all.
  2. Dayratan New Member

Honestly I thought that was self explanatory. Your reputation among the progression community precedes you and while your actions are technically not against the rules they are an affront to basic human decency. Yes its a game but its a game a number of us play for fun and you seemingly always go out of your way to attempt to ruin others fun. You've done it before and I've not seen anything that would suggest you aren't continuing to do it now. This server is no different than your actions on Fippy or Trakanon, if anything it's likely worse.
  3. Gregolo Augur

I feel like as soon as you cross the line and tell people that they're an "affront to basic human decency" you've become 10X more hardcore than any of us in TL. Perhaps even to the point of needing to chillax.

A guy playing 6+ hours a day is telling you to chillax. lol
  4. Dayratan New Member

That's a fair statement Gregolo, that is why I play EQ is to "Chillax" but you've apparently never had Mabbu go out of his way to disrupt your "Chillax"ing.

Ultimately, that's fine if you want to defend him, but he has a long reputation of specifically doing things purely to disrupt and/or grief others. He has to respect that others maybe, just maybe after years of abuse might feel no explanation is needed when they say it makes us sick that people like him exist.

Sure he claims he was doing it to help a friend, but here's the thing, based upon his past actions he'd have likely done it regardless. That also assumes he's telling the truth about helping a friend because I wouldn't put it past him to lie / mislead in order to minimize those that call him out. If he was truly helping out a friend, great, but there is other ways to do that without making the other people in the zone with you miserable.
  5. Detheb Augur

This thread, lol. A+ Trolling man

Also, Machen.. You know i have love for you man, but clearly you're just being a at this point. Our past reputation proceeds us? We have, maybe 30 members from ALL of the Fippy TL? Sure, leadership is the same, but a lot of people that come from other guilds are from Citizen, IV, RoI(Surprisingly), and EoE. Hating us for FIppy is just dumb.

Also, if you're going to claim we did something, by all means, back that claim up. Screenshots or logs, or you're just talking out of your .
  6. Pikallo Augur

The fact that you need an explanation is exactly what I am talking about. You are either oblivious or don't have any concern for others. Your own needs(or those you are calling "friends") is all you care about. You're narrow-minded, and have a selfish attitude that mocks people that aren't like you or don't have the same mindset as you. You are condescending and think you are better than other people. You have no empathy.

Again, I'm not saying that what you did is technically wrong. You didn't break any rules and how you play the game it totally up to you. But the fact you don't even have the slightest care for the people around you and how your actions might affect them, is pretty sad.
    Dayratan likes this.
  7. DefenseEQ Augur

Lets take a step back here, this is a game your playing. A competitive game, you make it sound like I'm guilty of war crimes irl my god man. GAME GAME GAME. Repeat that to yourself.

I never go out of my way to ruin someone's day, its not a hobby or a sport. I was in Najena for the reasons I outlined previously, I chose the instance of least resistance, with the fewest people to get my farming done in, and made an effort to avoid killing any mobs I did not need to kill. I also never engaged a mob that was already engaged by anyone else.

What more do you want...you want me to join a list for Shovel and Stein drops in Najena? Get real.

I'm a very passionate player. Loyal to my guild and friends above all. If you are not either of those, I have little regard for how you are affected as I try to complete my goals and assist friends/guild mates complete theirs. That is the competitive side of me though, and simply put, the most optimal approach I have found to "winning" at EQ. My idea of winning is clearly different than most peoples though.

Its not an exclusive club though, being my friend, just reach out to me and talk to me. I love meeting new people, but under the circumstances that non-guildies/friends meet me in EverQuest, they are not always ideal for first leaving great first impressions.

Classic is a long 6 months though, lets get freaky and have some fun with it, shoot me a message in game or pop in voice chat with me sometime!
    tofu stir fry likes this.
  8. nectarprime123 Augur

So you do think all cops are bad then, by your logic?

After meeting many Hell's Angels myself, and knowing first hand the good that they do for charity, I have to say you should really learn what you are talking about. You are just making a fool of yourself.

What's the name of your guild?
  9. taliefer Augur

thats exactly what he said, and he just reiterated it in another post
  10. Batbener Augur

I have come to the conclusion that I don't like either side in the argument. TL isn't doing anything that wasn't expected from the top guild on the server. If anything, they are more carebear than I expected. I speculate that it's because they know in the end, it's a war of attrition, and will lose more members than they can recruit, especially if they make everyone hate them for a reason, and not just being "good". My problem with them really isn't their fault. They are running around with a smug sense of self satisfaction from being the top guild on the server. As they should. What they don't have is any competition. No guild has stepped up to challenge. My only hope right now is TL has some inner turmoil and splits. Two equal guilds butting heads, now those are fun threads to read. I mean seriously, how hard is it to get 4 or 5 people that play multiple accounts 12 hours a day? Then those 4 or 5 gear and level up 20 or so "lesser" players that have 25 hours a week play time as auxiliaries? Back in my day, there were 100s on the server that did exactly that, and we had 4 "top" guilds on the server. This server has the biggest population of any server ever, and time and again I see "TL with the Kill" in yellow letters. It isn't because they are so much better than anyone that's ever played. They don't type any faster. They don't have some dev in their pocket, or access to information that no one else does. As best I can tell, they don't even cheat. To use the basketball reference that someone else brought up, I am watching the Globetrotters play the Generals. Where is my Lakers/Celtics game 7 battle for Inny? Instead I get to watch Meadowlark Lemon show off his championship trophy, and that bothers me.

As for the TL haters, TL didn't invent the game. People complain that they run legal 3rd party software as "cheats". I remember a top guild on CT "giving" a dragon to one of the lesser guilds, to be nice. In reality, they knew what he had, and didn't feel a need to kill him. I remember sitting in frenzy on a cleric, and this "great" puller pulling every named that popped into camp(including the roaming Mino), and it wasn't because he had everything on a timer. I have seen 18 man raids run by one guy that was really good at running scripts. It looked like multiple players, but it wasn't. He even had to write a database program to log all his loot. As best as I can tell, TL is playing the game the way it's designed to be played. Camps aren't a real thing. KSing isn't a real thing. Don't hate the player, hate the game, and move on if they roll in, or DPS race them, as intended. Personally I think they should take memblur and charming an engaged mob out of the game, but I roll an enchanter as one of my toons since they wont. If TL trains you, KSes you or whatever, either move along or KS/train them back. I don't care, and neither do they. If fact, they will love it if you try. They'll win their share, but will lose some, too. And that makes the game fun. Mindlessly killing the same dragon the same way with too many overpowered toons isn't fun. What is fun to them is the competition. Me personally this time around, I am not in it for the competition. I just love the game, and the little quests and all that. If the competition bug hits me, I will join a guild and compete, per the rules.
  11. taliefer Augur

its because everyone who was interested in "Competing" all joined TL, rather than form multiple guilds to facilitate "competition"

eventually someone will wade into the cesspool with TL in the name of "competition"
  12. Jamz Augur

Some people just want to watch the world burn.
  13. Canik Augur

Not gonna lie... this thread has been very entertaining.
    Batbener likes this.
  14. Dayratan New Member

I have no idea who you are IRL, personally I don't care. The way you act in game is appalling. There are people on the other end of every character and at the very least you should respect that, but you don't.

This is a lie and you know it.

The reasons you outline make no difference. And the only reason you don't kill mobs would be for your own convenience. If you thought killing them would chase others out of the zone faster I know you'd do that and you admit to as much later.

Yep, this pretty much defines your mantra.. Its all about ME and the few people I call friends. You don't care about anyone outside that circle and the only reason those "Friends" stick around is because in the process of terrorizing others you get excess loot to hand off to them. Bottom line for me is your "Competitive" and "Winning" at EQ comments. They essentially sum up your world view to the T and reminds everyone that you don't care about anyone but yourself and will go out of your way to stop others from achieving their goals.

I wouldn't be friends with you because I can't stand how you treat and impact the others around you, and are completely ok with it. I won't condone that sort of action by any of my friends. When you develop a conscience, then we'll talk.
    Keldaria likes this.
  15. Batbener Augur

When? I have seen plenty of threads complaining, but not one, ONE, thread recruiting for the guild to compete. If I am not going to get anything useful on the forums, and just drama, I want some REAL drama.
    nectarprime123 likes this.
  16. DefenseEQ Augur

All the more reason you should reach across the aisle and talk about whats bothering you. I'm always open to hearing another players perspective.

And yes, unless you reach out, you're just another pixel in this game to me. If you want respect and courtesy from players like me, that kind of stuff transcends in-game pixels, you need to reach out and make an actual human connection once in a while.

I welcome it anytime.
  17. taliefer Augur

eventually. 6 months of classic is a long time. someones gonna get bored and try it. history has shown TL is far from an unbeatable juggernaut...just most people either dont think its currently worth it, or havent leveled up enough yet. server is only 3 weeks old.

theres plenty of people who enjoy raiding playing on these servers, myself included. i just wouldnt call what happens when guilds "compete" raiding.
  18. Bumtil New Member

What's with the obsession for competition, anyway? Most Classic era servers had established number 1 guilds that mainly competed for serverwide firsts, not who can out-grief the other on the same server. Is this like a progression server affliction or something?
    Jadefox and nectarprime123 like this.
  19. ShaggNasty New Member

I agree with you. Honestly, <Twisted Legacy> getting a bad rap but i've spoken with and grouped with a few of them and thus far not had any negitive interactions. Honestly they've all been pretty cool so far. You'll always have your one off A-holes but I've yet to experience one (in TL at least).

Glad you posted this.
  20. DefenseEQ Augur

I've been on both sides of competitive play long before this server, or this game, hell since before we were even PC gaming and wekeend Goldeneye 007 big screen tourneys at a friends house for 10 hours straight was our idea of premier video game competition....lets not go into the Halo ladder climbs or Counter Strike days! I got my butt handed to me... It is part of the fun to a point though, it makes you a better player, and I for one welcome it.

As far as Karma, I've been run over many times before I was equipped or experienced enough to defend myself or compete, and each time it has made me better at the game.

Actually I've been run over by some of the players I ally myself with today in TL on various other servers! Hell look at Zithax for example, he used to poop on me on several other progression servers, but now he's one of my favorite people to talk to and give crap to lol. I find the comradery to be, comforting actually when I come up against someone that presents a challenge, smashes my face, then later on I give them a run for their money.

Obviously I know they are real people but, if you're just chillin, the fact of the matter is I'm in and out of there before you even break a gold bar of exp, so was I really such a problem for you that you need to cry about it...or are you just mad for the sake of being mad? Whatever it may be, I'm not targeting you for fun. There's no challenge in DPS racing a lvl 20 group with a level 50 mage, sorry but you're not a worthy enough competitor to capture my attention yet. I think the same goes for most of TL, but I won't speak for them...I personally don't know anyone in TL that would run up and sit on your camp for no reason other than to berate and belittle you. It just does not happen, if it did I myself would take offense to that, there's no need for unsolicited hatred.

... lol

The more I think about that...geez, my own family won't even play Monopoly with me anymore actually. They refuse haha, its quiet funny. I remember 4 hours games of monoply ending in tragedy at my house because of how competitive we all were and how badly people got beaten.

But when we all get together now and talk those monopoly massacres... it brings us closer together, and we laugh about it. We don't let it be the end of our life as we know it, and we don't blame each other for being competitive. If everyone just traded away Boardwalk for some Go money...what fun would Monopoly be?
    nectarprime123 likes this.