Twisted Legacy

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Wulvgeng, Jun 11, 2015.

1. Machen New Member

Glad to know you've been able to discern your leadership's precise sentiments and plans after ~10 days in the guild. Well done.
  2. Gregolo Augur

Like, here's an example. Currently as I type this a guy named Hekubah from Siege. Just waltzed up and started killing my mobs.

Me: "Bro could you, not?"
    Him: "Leave your guild and I'll leave"

There's stupid people everywhere.
  3. Machen New Member

And maybe, just maybe, he is doing what he's doing because some TL has done the same to him.

This is how it starts. It doesn't make him stupid.
  4. Numiko Augur

Top guilds certainly have changed since my day, only officers were allowed to post on public message boards, any "normal" member caught shooting their mouth of would find themselves up for censure.. and a probie would see their guild tag disappear really fast if they went around posting on boards.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  5. Jamz Augur

Well this thread got boring fast.
  6. Machen New Member

When was your day, 1999? Everyone talks crap now.
  7. Numiko Augur

1999 to 2005 it was just the way it was back then
  8. Gregolo Augur

I strongly doubt guilds care about who says what as long as it's civil. I mean being completely honest we don't lose sleep over TL hate. But at the same time about 95% of it is unnecessary. That's more or less my point.
  9. Numiko Augur

oh not saying anything here is bad. just surprises me, maybe it's the MOBA trash talkers who have influenced things and people are allowed to be more open now. It's not bad, just different.

I mean back when I played in the top level we were not even allowed to tell people what the stats of the gear we wore had.....it was not like now where every item is captured on some web site data base.
    The leaders did not want people to know how good the items were in case they wanted to get them for themselves!

Sounds silly now dosn't it :rolleyes:
  10. Gregolo Augur

Well, when you start judging people PURELY because of their tag, you're doing yourself a disservice. I literally did nothing to this dude, even slapped SoW on him after saying hello. I mean it's no sweat off my back because I just called a couple guildies in and he lost every DPS race until he got critical mass emotional and left.

I won't particularly start stuff but I'll definitely end it. And you know what would have saved him a bunch of time and from looking stupid? Being mad at specific people, not entire guilds Otherwise innocent people have to deal with stupid decisions. And it becomes circular.

I think at the end of the day, you just need to take a step back and realize there's plenty of good people in TL, You're simply choosing to think otherwise.

And PS, yes, he's stupid.
  11. Riptide666 Elder

Had my first experience with a TL member today in UNrest. A high level bard pulling the entire yard and most of th house to PL some people despite the fact there were already 4 groups established in the zone. They tried it for about 20 minutes before they finally realized that there were too many people around to PL, not enough mobs, and all they were doing is pissing people off.

I hope this is not indicative of the guild at large. Trying to mass PL in zones that are still heavily used by lowbies is not necessary. Perhaps in 2 months all the low dungeons will all be empty. They're already starting to drop off in the lowest ones.
  12. Redik2 Augur

Machen

Accusing/bashing other guilds of/for having members using M.Q.2 when you're the leader of Citizen is a complete joke. You shouldn't even be allowed to post garbage like that.

You're a complete fraud.

Go back to the 12 people in general chat on Fippy who think you are somebody.

------------------------

For the rest of you.. if you don't like people on TL - stay away from them. It isn't rocket science. If they are training / harassing you, fraps them and report it. Everybody wants to complain about leadership not doing anything to these people but if you kicked everybody that a single person didn't like you wouldn't have anybody in any guild on any server.

Do you people not have to deal with issues in any other aspect of your life? How do you handle conflict at work? Your H.R. people must hate you if you whine like this about Brenda in the next cube who always monopolizes the radio station. And Steve who won't let you have spot in the water cooler rotation.

This is sad. You're adults. You're also consumers. Do you stand around and cry for days on end and threaten to not buy stuff from Wal-Mart when they don't carry the brand of toilet paper you like? I hope not.

If you're going to quit, just quit.

Staaahp with the crying and the hypocrisy. (and Machen, you're a joke. Stop posting forever please.)

Finally, for as much "Neckbeard McNolife" bashing people do about TL members.. the "bashers" sure do seem to take their Ever Quest pretty seriously.. and get pretty wound up over some pixels.

I mean, c'mon guys.. it's just a game? Right?
    Frenzic likes this.
  13. Rauven Augur

Here's an interesting set of facts about the majority of people in this thread claiming something bad happened:

1. Single digit post counts.
    2. Lack of All Access Badge.
    3. No Screenshot or video evidence.

Look at Riptide666 for example. Giving some account that 'happened'. Did he really come on the forums and FINALLY made a forum account to call out about some bard in a random instance PLing some people?

He's not the only one, but the most recent in this thread (you don't have to scroll up far to investigate for yourselves).

And people wonder why I ask for All Access Badges to be displayed before I engage in a discussion about TLP issues with them. This shtuff is really fishy. I think if the TLP section was restricted to AAM only you'd see all these sorts of threads dry up and disappear.
  14. AngorfLadroTholuxeP Augur

Serious question from someone who has used on EQTitan server (where it is permitted) for boxing purposes: Does SOE/DBG seriously not have the resources in place to track and ban people who are running while running Everquest?I thought even P99 had that.

If people are on TLP server and using that is kind of shameful; do you know if there really are people who are successfully using on TLP? Please note I play one account on live and have absolutely ZERO interest in when it comes to the live servers. I'd be disgusted if I found people were using because I know how many capabilities it truly has. If people are disguising ISOBoxer as that's a real serious issue.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  15. Bolten_DA Augur

Welcome to the modern day EQ!
    [IMG]
    Fallfyres likes this.
  16. DefenseEQ Augur

Hi Aspect, Mabbu here!

I see you only posted half of the conversation and not what you originally said to me, regardless though that's fine.

To further explain the incident you posted above, I was using /pickzone through Najena instances looking for the least populated zone with the least amount of players camping the various Mage mobs which drops the pet focus items such as the Shovel and Stein. I was looking for these items for another member of my guild, not even myself, not for profit, and I especially wasn't there deliberatly wasting my time to target you for griefing. You're not important enough to me trust me.

A friend in our guild was leveling two magicians and I knew it would mean a lot to him if he had his focus items. I see you accused me for doing it for fun here, or sport even, which just isn't the case I was in a rush to get these things for a friend who had been helping me out and I wanted to return the favor. My interest was not in disrupting your play, as I stated in the screen shot, I wasn't even paying attention to you.

Your initial tell however rubbed me the wrong way, as if you owned those mobs in question or something and I had to ask your permission before proceeding to come near you. I'm here to let you know that I do not need your permission, and in any situation where my goals intersect with the goals of another player, ..well, to the victor go the spoils, and if the victor isn't me I'll take it in stride, not come crying to the forums.

Sorry, not sorry.... but its called a game, and on a server like this, its extremely competitive so you best make peace with your EQ god before you walk out the gates of your home city next time. Not to mention you're group was pulling only a few specific spawns which were magician mobs in Najena, Yet every mage I agrod was not engaged by anyone yet, and if I am wrong GM's strike me down here as I stand.

Now yes I am a level 50 mage, and being so in a zone like Najena can seem somewhat overkill, however I don't feel that my having a level 50 mage justifies me having to spend 800pp on the various quest items I need for my friend, simply because it might disrupt your exp? I can farm them just like you were, and I'm sure the fact that I was getting in the way of you lining your own pockets was the big issue that day and not the fact that you were losing exp, which leads me to my main point of this rebuttle...

Lets face it...if your leveling in Najena you don't care too much about your exp:
    The reason why I don't care about your exp, is because you don't care about your exp. Najena is not an optimal leveling zone, get out of there. Go back outside to Lavastorm, you can take a full group from 6-33 in Lavastorm without even breaking a sweat. Drop into SOlA for a few levels if you get bored and can't take the full Lavastorm grind.

Reason 1: Najena contains 6, thats SIX quest items REQUIRED for the magician epic quest. Can anyone tell me what the most overplayed class on the server is right now? Yeah good luck killing anything in Najena when all 700 mages realize they want to start their epic. I got mine alreadly, and believe me there were more than a dozen people crying about my romp through Najena that day let me tell you. They were far more justified to come crying to the forums that day than you were, but did they...nope they took it like men.

Reason 2: Mob density in Najena, its too thin, period, hence your complaining of the 2-3 mobs in the radius of your camp that I was taking, if you want more exp you need more mobs.

Reason 3: Annoying mob types...the mobs you're fighting run at low health, root, knockback, cast pets you need to kill that give zero exp, and your too fat to walk through most doors in that zone being ogre. If you want exp, then fight in an area that contains primarily warrior mobs, not clerics, not wizards, especially not necros, mages or enchanters.

Now I'm not here to tell you how to play EverQuest, and none of this is truly the fault of some sub level 20 guy trying to play in Najena...so I'm not blaming you but you are member of the worst generation of casual players to ever walk this game. You are lazy, you act entitled, you claim to want for nothing yet spend the majority of your time crying that people keep taking things you want, or not handing things to you on a silver platter. You need to fight for it, stop being lazy, and if your too casual then just stop complaining and take it like a man.

I feel bad for you, I really do, and regardless of what you might think I am very much human.

I want to help you because I was there once, not just in EQ, but in life. I would like to present you with a gift for your main character in game. Please send me a tell tonight if you are online. I will be on after 6pm EST likely, and I would like to help you out in some way to repay you for the pain and anguish I caused you and your exp group in Najena that day.

Please reach out to me ingame on Mabbu later tonight.

Regards,

Mabbu
    nectarprime123 likes this.
  17. taliefer Augur

TLDR: its ok to be an if you are doing for someone else
  18. Jadefox Augur

Didn't know that Archie Bunker played EQ!

--That '70's Jade
  19. Pikallo Augur

I'm not taking sides because the guy was probably acting like an idiot as well, however it sucks that there are people like you in this world. Not because you are technically wrong, but just because you are the way you are.
  20. DefenseEQ Augur

Explain yourself.