(TLP) Possible solutions to "permacamped" raid targets

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Smallpox, Jun 8, 2015.

1. RainbowTest Augur

I like the idea. I think what will ultimately happen is we'll get a hybrid patchwork of the DDD/GGG/DeDeDe tasks combined with the harbingers when Kunark releases very very very soon. Instead of the living legacy augment rewards we'll see a token to hand into an npc that then completes a quest with the reward being any choice of loot from the classic raids. I really like this idea cause it allows your guild to spend hours clearing plane of fear with 0 interaction with toxic players, same with hate.
  2. Fallfyres Augur

--------------------------

I enjoy reading the information you include in your posts Greymere.

The one thing I wish I'd have researched and known before I subbed isn't really how little classic-qest these servers would be, or the Frankenstein they would become after release and changes made that apparently 'could never be done,' -- it is what a precarious position DBG was in financially. Aside from staff cuts and tightening its belt which is not unheard of in any business acquisition, I didn't know DBG was basically a tax-write off company just eeking out a living one 24-hour block at a time. That is the aura I keep getting from many posts here and in game chat as well. o-0

I as a person who came back to EQ about two months or so before Ragefire actually launched - I just played. This whole 'we gotta help them, they NEEEED us' player hugs/whatever DBG does its just cuz they don't have enough money/don't be critical because they're reallllly tryin harrrrd mentality is puzzling. There are other oldschool games out there that are still live; the companies made decisions to pare the content provided down and focus on other inhouse products or etc.

This MMORPG, what many of us fondly think of as 'our EQ' is NOT A CHARITY CASE. DBG needs to let the sharp devs on staff do their job, and provide an ongoing, stable financial base for them to do it, or get off the pot and close it down. This limping along, 'doing the best they can' sadsack personna makes me cringe and does not motivate me as a customer in any way. Its a business. It needs to have active leadership with a firm public image which is consistent, and very importantly, a customer service which lends credence to that ongoing image.

Still wondering why no information has been released about the important topic of whether they in fact are going to create raid instancing on this server(s) in early content expansions as opposed to it coming in during the later expansions.

Its not expected for them to tell us anything that would pin them down or make them have less ability to be flexible as they move forward with implementation. But ARE THEY GOING TO IMPLEMENT ANYTHING ELSE? The answer to that will affect a great number of account re-ups, absolutely.

The deafening silence from DBG is odd. Still waiting for a determination to be made and publically stated as to if anything, and what is going to be done to address this...whether its raid instancing, additional ruleset changes, additional servers, increased GM presence, a closer look at what used to be the PNP or anything. And what about the continually hashed over question of whether they are going to actually create a re-vote. I want to know, so should you, regardless of which side your opinion is on... its a very heated topic and will definitely affect those who will be deciding to resubscribe or not.

I noticed a couple of comments remarking that there are a bulk of players here who are basically going to keep subbing regardless. I don't know how true that is, but I literally don't believe the influx DBG has gotten in recent subs are from people who are not watching for these decisions quite closely, and will use that information to decide where to put their future gaming entertainment money.

They/DBG put this server out. They have us here now for the length of, for most of us, a brief sub; in my opinion the window of time is short in regards to giving information to the customer base.

Still watching for this company to make a decision and make it publically known on recurring topics being questioned and/or info sought about it by their customers. Its surprising to me for instance that the players who are commenting in these forums are not more about holding DBG's feet to the fire than they are about infighting with those who have opposite gaming preferences. Could be part of a great business and/or pysch doctorate thesis project probs.
    Drexll likes this.
  3. RainbowTest Augur

I feel very good about the fact they aren't talking about this openly or announcing anything. It tells me they are working on something and don't want to commit to a specific date or level of instancing till its done. If it was a flat out NO then there would be a flat out NO already ;) And if they are not actually working on anything and literally are just sitting on some new subscriptions they got and praying they keep some I'm fine with that as I didn't fall for TLP 3.0 yet. I will however subscribe with 3 accounts, buy pet name change potions and fill up my SC on a non double sc weekend if they instance the raids.
  4. Roxxanna Augur

They are probably just sitting back and watching, waiting for us to all come to some middle ground, which is what we should be doing instead of squabbling and name calling.

I want instancing because I don't want anyone having power over my gameplay, if I decide I want to go do something in game, nobody but DBG should be able to tell me no. I'm not a whiner, locust, or any of the other asinine labels that have been thrown around. If you kill Naggy first, you deserve the recognition, but that shouldn't give you the right to dictate my time. Instancing gives me the power to get away from undesirables.

Compromise, a title and special gear for first kill, then instanced and no drop after.
  5. patius New Member

Well if this helps them to decide I will not continue to play if they do not instance the raid zones. No matter how many expansions they unlock the farmers will keep the raid mobs down and that just sucks for everyone.
  6. Giles Trainbringer Journeyman

I personally am gonna give them til the 18th to announce something one way or the other.

After that point if its still the wasteland of dogs fighting for scraps of raid targets ill be heading back to FFXIV.

For me the nostalgia factor is getting to do the content and seeing gods and dragons. Not playing evercamp and doing laps around a permadead plane of fear and hate.
    Somnium Wintersun, Drexll and Ohdanny like this.
  7. Heldrix New Member

Oh look another post about instancing raids. Why wouldn't you just contest mobs instead of sitting on your hands and crying about it on forums. Am I the only person who is tired of seeing all the whining? DBG doesn't owe you instanced mobs, contest it and play the game.
  8. Roxxanna Augur

Non constructive posting at it's finest.
    Finwen likes this.
  9. Bigz_Zupdarty Augur

So people are looking for actual solutions for the raid mob issue. here is my take on what should happen.

For starters this is a TLP server, so racing for content "first" whether that's your play style or not is a huge factor with these servers and should remain the same.. So no instanced or spawned bosses until the following expansion is unlocked. (this wont take longer then a week maybe 2 for any given expansion)

For classic the planes should not have an "instanced version" untill kunark is actually open and live. The planes should be contested and if you want to see the content while its current you should have to compete.

While classic is current, Naggy/Vox/Phinny should all be able to be spawned via an NPC. This npc can require in game items, or an item purchased from the marketplace. The loot dropped by spawned bosses should be no drop.

Once Kunark is open instanced versions of the planes should be made available.. Sev/Gore/Talendor/faydwer/VS should be spawnable while kunark is live, leaving trak and VP as contested content untill the time that velious is released.

Some people will say "but I want to do the content while its current" I say compete then, its what Everquest has always been. for many many years in EQ guilds raided 2-3 expansions behind the current. I my self would be content doing so if I knew there would be mobs I can kill when im ready.

Keep end game content/loot in each expansion while its live contested.. Let casual guilds have minor expansion bosses to kill and give them instanced versions once the following expansion is released so big guilds cant block content for ever. (VP was kept on lock down by EoE untill PoP released on vulak, it will happen again with TL)
  10. RainbowTest Augur

Would be great if the server had been released with a PNP policy and/or pvp enabled. Since it doesn't state anywhere that its a competitive server and they dropped the ball completely on customer service and theres no pvp on the server, its safe to say your assumption falls short and the entire idea is baseless. Instance the content for all. Use a leaderboard for competition just like they did for LDoN. If you guys want to stroke your epeens go ahead but don't sit there and demand special service when half of you are funding your gametime off us casuals who need to buy things with krono's to see them when they are relevant.
  11. Bigz_Zupdarty Augur

I'm in the same boat as you rainbow.. im not in an end game guild.. I haven't killed any raid bosses.. im not even level 40 yet.. the competitive nature is what TLP servers have always been about.

Having minor raid bosses available while an expansion is current is better then none at all.. and having content instanced after the following expansion is unlocked and live, gives people who weren't able to compete a chance to still see it before they are ready for the next expansion..

No expansion will take longer then 2 weeks too beat, ever! untill we get to UF and instancing dosent matter..
  12. Rutaq New Member

Since Daybreak doesn't have the staff to manage any type of play nice policy. I recommend turning on PvP in the Raid zones. Instead competing for limit resources with our hands tied behind our backs let us truly compete.

A well organized small group can disrupt a large guild permacamping without the need for boxing. :)
    Drexll likes this.
  13. Giles Trainbringer Journeyman

With a 6 month unlock time frame thou that means no content for the majority of players for a long time. And i agree nothing should be instanced until its first killed contested but after its killed the race is over and those of us playing for reasons other then epeen or ego dont want to ride around in the clown car hoping our team wizard/mage/necro/sk gets the last hit off a mem blur.

If they brought back pnp and engagement rules I would be fine for contesting but this wild west pvpvm of racing the memblur and who can camp the best is a experience i dont remember in classic from my server and dont really care for. My favorite times in eq were from PoP. GoD. And OoW which had a mix of instance and classic raiding but i also remember a gm forcing my guild out after we lost the race to the fennin ro trigger cause another guild claimed it first.
    Ohdanny likes this.
  14. Vlerg Augur

Daybreak dosen't have an answer probably because they already spent alot of time and money on ragefire, and they need to prepare the next expansion for.. you know... the 17 live server that weren't happy with TDS/ CoTF...
  15. Jadefox Augur

You mean the Campansion? That's what they're calling the micro Xpacs on EQ2.
    That'll take a few days at most. :rolleyes:

--ComJadesion
    Fallfyres likes this.
  16. Ohdanny New Member

PNP does not exist anymore and TL makes that abundantly clear. Instanced raiding would mean that ALL players can experience raiding content and not just 1% of the population who poopsocks it into oblivion. The difficulty doesn't change, it just gives everyone a fair shot at attempting it. It is insane to think of DBG of not instancing raiding. You are giving 99% of your players more of a reason to want to stay subscribed because they have that much more content to experience with people they actually like being around. It is zero fun to experience raiding knowing that TL could (and will) jump in at any second and ruin your experience. We don't want to sit with you at lunch anymore, TL. You play dirty. You have zero regard for the interests of players outside of your little cesspool and we want nothing of it.
    Drexll likes this.
  17. Vlerg Augur

have to be more specific on how and what to instance... dont want people creating instances at will in sol B in order to have free naggys whenever they want...

since naggy can be killed with 12 people, how do you handle minimum required to request an instance?
    instance the whole of pofear-hate, or just the bosses?
    how do you request those instances? NPC spread all over the place?
    what about zone like veeshan's peak... one instance per dragon, or an instance for everything?
    NToV... the halls of testing will be a group-area, grinding group-gear while the north part is raid-only. do you split it in 3 instances?
    What about the sleeper?
    Is Drusella / chardok king-queen / plate cycle /Derakor the vindicator a raid, or group content?

and, can they make the process automatic, and not have to manually recode every classic-kunark-velious-luclin-pop-god content that's not instanced?

pretty sure those are the kind of question on Daybreak's dev mind at the moment... not wether or not instances are needed.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  18. Drexll Augur

You are out of touch with reality, sir.
    Smallpox likes this.
  19. Jadefox Augur

We are contesting them. Right here. In the forums.

--Jade's Forum Warrioring has increased to (53)
    Smallpox, Aneuren, Roxxanna and 2 others like this.
  20. Drexll Augur

Problem 1: There is no Play Nice Policy here like there was in classic EQ. Calling for people to "compete for mobs" is a joke when literal botting is allowed. Keep up with what's happening in the community. Ask around about this fella named Tulkas. Then re-evaluate.

Problem 2: Waiting until the next xpac is released is a bad idea IMO since all the raid bosses have already been downed and are now on perma-farm by folks like Tulkas.

Why should anyone have to wait 6 months for Kunark just to experience current-era content simply because a couple of botting asshats are monopolizing content?