Six Months Seems Like A Long Long Time

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Phased Sullon Zek, Jun 1, 2015.

1. Indigo Augur

The only thing I can think is these casuals that have returned are intimidated by anything but the noob zones and zones they know. They have no idea how much fun awaits if they give things a chance.
  2. Vitality New Member

All I ask is that you take a poll from people that are actually playing the game. I'm fine with whatever that polls results are.
  3. Styixi New Member

Sure, i can explain, i don't have a single 20+ toon atm. I am not interested in rushing a content i already perfectly know. I want to take my time to 50. Then in a month or two, i'll want to do some lguk/solb farming, why not kill vox/nagafen in an open raid. Move on the hole / planes. Prepare epic for my toons... plenty of stuff to do. Playing 100% competitive on a progression server is in my opinion, plenty of that with much better designed raids on live. I very much expect some rotations will be enforced (by players) on raid targets / zones so everyone can experiment some kind of nostalgia about old school raiding.

PS. The polls were made from actual customers, not hypothetical, non playing customers who were not playing prior to servers opening. Am i the only one to see how flawed your logic is ? I got 3 lv100+ toons, and i've been playing this game on/off for 15 years.

PS2. 90% of the pro re vote in this topic come from a handfull of peoples, answering every peoples who come express opinion here will not make you right. You perfectly knew this server would be maximum nostalgia when you came here.
  4. Indigo Augur

AMEN, brother!
  5. Kopuz Journeyman

Amen, brother! Though I say instance raids!
    Styixi likes this.
  6. Risiko Augur

The people that want this to progress faster than 6 months SHOULD NOT BE ON THIS SERVER.

They knew coming in to this server what to expect. You told them it would be six weeks.

If they didn't like it, WHY DID THEY CREATE CHARACTERS HERE?!?!?!

It's not fare to the rest of us that came here to play this server the way YOU SAID IT WOULD BE by letting those who came here to complain about what YOU SAID IT WOULD BE to end up changing the way the server works.

This is NOT right. We should NOT have to bend to those people who never intended to play on this server the way it was intended!
  7. Vitality New Member

Even Roshen acknowledges that 6 months is a long time and that they're discussing votes at a later point in the servers life.

That's enough for me.
  8. Indigo Augur

Some of us lobbied for the TLP for years on this very forum, this pig was not what we asked for. All we want is a poll on the TLP.
  9. Kopuz Journeyman

It would be extremely unfair to change the rules now. DBG's stated the rules that Ragefire would operate on based off polls of the community, many people here joined this server based on those published results. I know many of the folks I came to this server with consider this their last EQ run, we happen to consider PoP the golden era of EQ, but we also want to savior every expansion for what it was. Some of us are starting to get old and with comes less free time, the mostly laid back casual feel for the server is why we joined.
    Glistarian and Styixi like this.
  10. nipper Lorekeeper

Half these classic casuals will be gone by the time we have a poll in a couple months or whenever the devs deem it to be taken. Some sanity may return to the TLP's.

There just isn't enough content in Vanilla for six months. It is amazing how anyone thinks there is.
  11. Styixi New Member

Keep your third person talking to yourself mate. Start with paying respect to peoples to talk with, if you want respect to your opinions.
    Glistarian likes this.
  12. Iputthegrrrinranger Elder

You knew what to expect when you started playing...
  13. Risiko Augur

This is why people always gets upset with SoE/DBG. You say one thing, and then do another. You said this was going to be a maximum Nostalgia server with six months between expansions. Now you're saying you may change it.

Stop lieing to us. Don't tell us it's going to be six months and then change it.

If you have to have a server that is less than six months between expansions, than open another server for it.
    Gythlen and Glistarian like this.
  14. MMOer Augur

If they change the server I get all my money back. False advertising.

If they do not refund every penny I spent, I charge back. Plain and simple.

Not everyone wants fast expanse. Daybreak really needs to stop listening to the squeaky wheels and making changes base on forum complaints.

I wouldn't mind if the server started with Kunark but my personal preference is 1 year per expansion after that. 6 months is what won and good enough. Anything faster and I wouldnt have came here.
    Styixi likes this.
  15. Lumiens Augur

I didn't get to vote for anything, I just re-subbed after being away for 10 years because of the opportunity to get to start fresh and start working my way through the 16 or 17 expansions that I missed. I don't see why everyone is so up in arms over possibly having a new vote again on the 6 month thing, if you are all so certain that since a 6 month vote already passed that it's what everyone prefers, then why would a second vote change anything?

I juAll I hear about is that tanks and mele dps are pointless right now so you are better off not playing them till later. I spoke with a level 50 wizard who is in the process of leveling his Mage alt with a friend of his who is also leveling a mage alt just because everything is so unbalanced and he wants to be useful on raids until future content releases and he can play his Wizard.

You need to attract more returning players like myself that have been away for years. This is my main, I don't have a level 105 character with one million AA's on some live server to go back and play in a month when the newness of Ragefire or Lockjaw wears off.
  16. nipper Lorekeeper

We haven't even voted yet on the TLP. Can't count that bogus Live and Test poll.
  17. MMOer Augur

This server was announced as a 6 month unlock. Being that was the popular vote on the poll than one can and should say the vote won.
  18. Aneuren Tempered Steel

The problem is that means the last poll was pointless.

I really could go either way on this issue overall but if DBG ignores the actual poll results it pretty much means every poll in the future will be similarly meaningless.
    Fallfyres and Glistarian like this.
  19. MMOer Augur

False advertising is why. If they want to provide the players with a faster server.. make it on lockjaw or a new server. Ragefire was advertised as 6 month.
  20. Greymere Augur

Because some of us didn't get by just fine when Classic was 13 months? The experience may be faster, but spawn timers didn't get faster for gearing up, we got overflow zones to accommodate a larger population than in classic but that also doesn't make gearing up any faster for the average player. Tradeskills/faction grinds/questing all still move just as slow though now you are doing them all in an accelerated window of 6 months. They gave us 2 out of 3 options with Kunark at the start, and the majority voted against it, they also gave us 2 out of 4 options that would have Kunark faster than 6 months and the majority voted against both.