Thank you to TLP community! Yes you!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Kopuz, Jun 4, 2015.

1. Kopuz Journeyman

I just wanted to say thank you to all the members of this community that voted for 6 month xpac releases. With all that time I don't feel rushed or obligated to play EQ at all. 3 months would be way to short of time to fit in all the content while its still relevant. After all it is summer!

Classic is so damn fun!

Also hats off to DBG crew. Well done folks well done. I know my time and money is in great hands.
  2. Steampunk Augur

3. Tarrin Augur

Be sure to post this on the non TLP forums, as non TLP players had most likely the largest say in this.
    Chanaluss likes this.
  4. Bumpkin Augur

This post is in the wrong forums, it should be on the veteran forums, as the people playing on the TLP servers were a very small fraction of people who voted. The majority came from those currently on live, so your thanks should go primarily to them.
    Chanaluss likes this.
  5. Chanaluss Can spell Doljonijiarnimorinar, Iqthinxa Karnkvi

So I guess those of us who wanted to start with kunark or have 3- 4.5 month cycles for expansion are not to be thanked?
  6. Greymere Augur

Not many people on Live now that TLP opened, hmm maybe the people voting on Live for TLP are now actually playing on the TLP server dya think?
    skattabrainz and Katmandu26 like this.
  7. Tarrin Augur

Nope still a clear majority of players on live.
  8. Kopuz Journeyman

So many sour grapes.

Love the conspiracy theories on who did the voting! LOL those grapes are SOOOO sour.
  9. Chanaluss Can spell Doljonijiarnimorinar, Iqthinxa Karnkvi

Gloating is unbecoming
  10. Kopuz Journeyman

So is trolling.

Sigh. I think this one is already lost.

Anyway. Thank you all!
  11. Chanaluss Can spell Doljonijiarnimorinar, Iqthinxa Karnkvi

Yep. I'm a troll. You caught me. I have a troll beastlords on povar. I also really wanted to play my iksar SK again, and so I voted for kunark at launch.I lost and i accept that but the fact that your threads entire purpose was to "thank" those who agreed with you at the cost of what other people wanted is mostly innocuous, but then gloating about like you are somehow superior to those who are unhappy with the way the voting happened indicates that perhaps you should be the one with the grozmok stone
    Indrigoth likes this.
  12. Roxxanna Augur

I think a lot of the problem, is that a large sample of the voters didn't really know what they were voting for, or just didn't understand.
    Indrigoth and Hateseeker like this.
  13. Katmandu26 Augur

Nope. Assuming "most of the player base" anything is incorrect unless you have stats to back it up.

In my case, I voted for 6 months and knew exactly what I was getting in to. I'll vote no to unlock it sooner.
    Wildwand and Kopuz like this.
  14. Roxxanna Augur

Notice those two words at the beginning.......I think......which negates the need for any stats or evidence of any kind.

Most of the player base is human.
    Indrigoth likes this.
  15. Fallfyres Augur

----------------------
    On this I sincerely disagree, though I like many of your posts Roxxanna.

I hope you reach out (to those that are in the subset as you are defining them ) with proper information, research tips and ideas on how to make their life better if they let you speak for them since after all, they don't seem to know how to inform themselves and vote blindly and actually against their own self-interests. Gawd. Sounds too much like certain political parties irl. :p
  16. Katmandu26 Augur

I am human, and I still want 6 months of classic. I feel as though it is an opportunity that I will not see again any time soon and I plan to relish every moment of it.
  17. Steampunk Augur

Nope.
  18. Hateseeker Augur

I wonder if people will rush to play again on the next TLP, if nothing has been done to prevent MageQuest.

On the other hand, getting into a couple of expansions later, faster, would do much to combat MageQuest, but no matter what people say, they'll be accused of having zipped to level 50 too fast and gotten bored.
  19. Roxxanna Augur

Ok, point taken, I don't speak for the masses. I do, however, speak for myself. When I cast my votes, I was hoping for a very long, drawn out experience, slow leveling, raid mobs living for at least a couple months. I wanted to enjoy the classic EQ that I'd heard so much about, or at least the closest thing to it possible. I was naive.
    Fallfyres and skattabrainz like this.
  20. Wildwand New Member

I agree with this wholeheartedly.