Six Months Seems Like A Long Long Time

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Phased Sullon Zek, Jun 1, 2015.

1. Gandwer New Member

The complaint stems from people who want to rush forward and lock down content without any competition from other people who didn't bot their way to 50 in the first day after release, nothing more.

To you folks I say, try Diablo III (hey hey, Diablo II, if you want that 1999 feel.) It's a game where you solo pretty much everything, are the most powerful and richest player in the game, and can lock down the entire game as you like. An MMO is not for you
  2. Rhoulicas Augur

This server will not be dead in six months. In fact, the server would be in so much better shape if people like you who rushed to 50 to "end-game" (although endgame is actually 105 atm) left the server and played on a normal server.
    There shouldn't even be a vote allowed. The vote has already taken place before the server was made. I didn't want a progression server, but I've learned to accept it.

Maybe we should vote on whether or not we should have a vote on the length of time for the server!

The majority of people who vote for yes to kunark early are people who six box and they get six votes to my one. Are the people who six box the ones you really want to cater to Roshen, Holly? To open a vote to shorten the amount of time these expansions unlock is an abuse of power. Please consider the opinions of so many others in this thread who are against such a notion. I hope we win everyone. Vote no to earlier expansion unlocks. This is NOT the Combine/Sleeper.
  3. vardune Augur

Lets hope the do at least 3 if not 4.5.
  4. Finwen Augur

Regardless, one month is going to be excessive to some, and nine months wouldn't be enough for others. Every month that an expansion is launched early is more money lost from casuals unless the majority of casuals are picking up BiS items well before that and quitting out of boredom. Fortunately, they will re-sub once the next expansion is released.

We're not even two weeks into Ragefire or one week into Lockjaw. Maybe we should just relax until we're a month in.
  5. Hateseeker Augur

If I understand this correctly, you're saying they will have done a bait and switch if they make a big reduction in the Classic time.

I'm not saying I agree or disagree, just that it's just interesting to see you go from defending them being insulted by calls for better polling practices, to on the offensive against their marketing practices if they change too much from the 6 months.
    Indrigoth likes this.
  6. Greymere Augur

The number one argument for releasing Kunark earlier was overcrowding in high level zones, that arguement is moot now.

Raid targets with Kunark released will still be as locked down and largely unavailable to the majority of players if Kunark is released early, with likely one raid guild holding all that particular content for themselves, they will just get more of it, not much incentive for the majority there then. Releasing Kunark early for this reason only rewards those players.

Which leaves 6 months in Classic is boring because OMG Kunark = twice as many zones to experience. If that's the argument why didn't we just start with Classic thru Planes to begin with, oh that's right the games community voted for longer periods of each and to start in just Classic with large majorities.

The only compelling reason for unlocking Kunark early that I find any sympathy for is the players that love to play an Iksar, though even from them, there are quite a few that love one enough only so much as they have no interest in leveling one fresh once they are released and want a race change potion added instead.
  7. beyrak Augur

There was NEVER a vote on the TLP server where it should have been made. DB seems to be in favor of correcting that.
    Indrigoth likes this.
  8. Fallfyres Augur

---------------------------
    IF they change it on this point or instanced raids for this original part of EQ during the 6 months, I'm not sure I would call it a bait and switch at all.

I think what I would call all of the changes aside from queue management, a business being managed by people making decisions reactively and desperately rather than via a solid business plan. In my younger years we called that not having the brass tacks or stick-to-it-iveness to remain on course with one's business plan. If major changes continue to be made in very quick cadence especially, it would lend credence to changing the mind of some of us about how this game is managed. Yes.
  9. Rhoulicas Augur

A long the same line of this concept, and if accepted, then they should go ahead and add an option to pop lock the server as well. In all fairness, if the poll is being created to cater to people who actually play on TLP then we should revote on what the server is. This vote changes what the server actually is.
  10. Zanarnar Augur

Please explain how you create a poll about a new server your going to release soon, but only poll people that are playing on that server.

In detail.

Back in reality land, you knew what the unlock schedule was; if you still chose to rush past all the content and get to 50 asap; and your now bored; thats your own fault. Roll an alt and actually enjoy the journy this time.
  11. Glistarian Augur

Again, any vote should include options for longer unlock periods.

As Roshen himself said, that's what people have overwhelmingly voted for in the past, and we should not be denied that choice.
    Katmandu26 likes this.
  12. Kopuz Journeyman

6 months is the perfect amount of time for new expansions. I don't have to dedicate my life to EQ to experience all the content while its relevant. I personally want PoP bad and love that its still a few years out. Not to mention it is what the community voted for.
  13. baakss Journeyman

Changing the server rules like that is deceitful.

We started playing knowing it would be 6 months until a vote. Many of us are ONLY playing because of that condition.

The people calling for an early vote also knew what they were signing up for before they started playing.

We all started playing knowing exactly what was supposed to happen. Changing that now is harmful and deceitful.

So please don't.
    Katmandu26 and EverQuest like this.
  14. Gythlen Augur

Why? Because a few people are shouting they are bored because they zoomed to level 50? How is that fair? They came to these TLP servers KNOWING what the rules were and what they were going to face. It's like buying a car, signing a contract, then stomping your feet like a child and crying because it didn't go 100MPH when it clearly stated it didn't.

And who will be able to vote? Those a certain level? How long will the voting last? Is it once per account? How is that fair to those like me, level 8, who are ENJOYING the laid back and relaxing time on the server because I want to quest and craft, and not grind out 50 levels?

Leave it at 6 months. If a majority (more than 70%) of the servers (by DBG calculations) are at level 40+ then MAYBE do a vote in 3 months. Don't give in to a small majority on these forums.
  15. Seffrid New Member

We were asked to choose for Ragefire, and we chose 6 months. That's what it should be. If there was going to be a different timescale then that should have been applied to Lockjaw from the outset, and people could have stuck with their original choice on Ragefire or moved over.
    Gythlen likes this.
  16. Druz Augur

So? Boxers who aren't even playing on Ragefire and Lockjaw were able to sway the old vote. You didn't even need a gold account to vote.
  17. Praxxos Journeyman

THIS! At some expansion, the timer is reduced to 3 months. Why would anyone start out on a fresh TLP Server anyway when he wants to rush through the expansions?
    Gythlen, Katmandu26 and EverQuest like this.
  18. Zinth Augur

you can setup a vote for faster unlocks at the same time Luclin is voted yes/no for.
    Katmandu26 likes this.
  19. EverQuests New Member

I concur. We all signed up for 6 months. Do NOT change the rules now. Don't give in to those that are complaining about it, they knew exactly what they were signing up for. We all did.
    Gythlen, Katmandu26 and Fallfyres like this.
  20. Katmandu26 Augur

I completely agree. I just posted another thread asking about the progression of the previous progression servers, and Vulak doesn't even have a current raid guild according to one post??

Awww, man, why are you guys in such a hurry? Let it be classic for a little while. Let us enjoy it.