It all boils down to: HvC - Hyper vs. Casual

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by TarewMarrForever, Jun 3, 2015.

1. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

What's crazy is, I'm in the camp that would argue some kind of instancing would be a good thing.

But the OP's post is so poor, inarticulate, prejudice/stereotype ridden and shoddy that it doesn't get much across other than this guy is more pius than thee and anyone who disagrees is a childish teen in their parents basement killing ants with a magnifying glass because they use innocent casual's tears as lube for their debaucheries and shenanigans.

There's zero reason for this thread when https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...d-zones-instanced.222729/page-23#post-3253264 exists already.

Hypers? Lol.
  2. Roguewiz Lorekeeper

I see your logic for instancing raids and raise you a "if everyone was capable of getting all the gear they wanted quickly, they'd quit sooner and wait for Kunark to open"
  3. nectarprime123 Augur

Are you level 50?
  4. Nolrog Augur

WAIT. I need more popcorn.
  5. MaestroM Augur

This has been discussed elsewhere but its worth mentioning again.

If your guild has 15 melee, that's 15 people that need a cloak of flames. Naggy doesn't drop one all the time. That's at least 15 weeks of raiding naggy every week.

No instancing means I don't renew next month.

Try again.
  6. Kopuz Journeyman

I love classic only. I love how populated cities are! Raid instancing would make this TLP perfect. I would subscribe for years.
    MaestroM likes this.
  7. Oakenn Tigerspirit Augur

Then don't renew? Good luck.
  8. ngs1 Augur

Gimme my cloak of flames or else daybreak!
  9. Groans Augur

i meant the Op, I assumed he meant the OP :) sorry for the confusion.
  10. Kolani Augur

You don't *need* a Cloak of Flames, Flowing Black Silk Sash provides the same amount of haste, and it drops a whole lot more. Remember, being outfitted in a full set of the current expansion's raid gear while it's still the current expanion is a relatively modern conceit. I was still wearing some classic era gear going into Velious.
    nectarprime123 likes this.
  11. Radloh Lorekeeper

FBSS is 21% haste.
  12. Davine- New Member

Everquest was born on keeping content locked and was not an easily accessible to others. People play majority of video games for competition, CoD is competition, CS is competition, Starcraft is competition. If you don't enjoy competition why are you playing progression Everquest? It can't be nostalgia because nostalgia would tell you that instancing raids isn't any form of nostalgia of Everquest.

On my point of you spend more time, learn the tactics, you deserve more- Even if the raid leader are making the calls, you are still learning more by being in those raids more often. The people who fully appreciate every piece of lore, tactic and everything else are the hardcore raiders 99% of the time. The other half wants instant gratification. Even if you are following orders, you learn more, you learn how to heal/DPS more effectively, you learn when to DA/Feign, most common EQ players don't even know how to do half that correctly. I will agree most content in this game right now is trivial regardless if its a pug or whatever but games are supposed to have challenges and if all mobs are easy as hell, wheres the challenge besides competing for mobs?
    Fallfyres likes this.
  13. Kolani Augur

Hrm, for some reason I was thinking it was the same % as Executioner's Axe.
  14. MaestroM Augur

Rather than just come in and take my post out of context, you could have read the post I was replying to as well.

The poster i was replying to was asserting that people would get bored and quit faster if they are able to raid and gear themselves than if they didn't have access to instances.

I was illustrating (perhaps I should have done so more clearly) that guilds will continue to raid targets until every member of the guild has every piece of gear available from that raid target (mostly).

Also, I can't believe I have to keep saying this, you don't get to tell me what I need/want/think is fun.
  15. Muslix Journeyman

My summary of this thread:

Wall of Text scores a critical hit! (1000000)
  16. Davine- New Member

The same question still applies even when what you said stays in context.

Majority of this server right now is casuals as you have already stated, most will probably play for a few months then quit then come back then quit then come back. If you give everyone in the game everything they want and they don't care about the game or love the game as much as the hardcores, whats going to keep them from leaving? We already know a good portion of the hardcore raiders will stay regardless if they are already geared up or not. Can you say the same about people who are already geared up and are casual? What do they have to look forward to next for the next 6 months? Nothing but the next expansion. Sure they can stay around and help gear up guildies but majority of these guys are casual anyway and not that invested in the game, so why would it matter? The hardcore raiders will stay around because they want those systemwide messages and gear up everyone they can. If you instance the content, you'll lose majority of them too.

It's bad when 90% of the people who are asking for this aren't even raid level yet. No one can tell you what you think is fun but this server is a recreation of everquest with different implementations of newer coding and a progression type server. You coming here complaining about something that was never part of this era, even though this era is already messed up is basically saying you never played early era and you don't care about the people who come here for the nostalgia experience and the devs.
  17. MaestroM Augur

I want to make sure I understand what you're saying.

Casuals who want to raid but cannot will quit faster if you let them raid then if you don't?

There are lots of people here (myself included) that will not play past next month if there is no raid instancing. I, for one, will continue to play for years to come if there is raid instancing.

If there is no raid instancing, I might as well go play on P99. At least there they got classic right.

Edit: I'm prepared to put my money where my mouth is and to sign up for a 1 year sub and buy a bunch of SC cash/exp pots/whatever is available to make sure DBG knows I mean it.
  18. Tiffy31 Elder

actually Casuals have ruined WoW. Everything is just wellfare gear now. People dont need to farm PvP gear anymore because everyone has baseline resilience. LFR means you can AFK through raids for gear. They put in a vote kick timer which forces you to carry bads. Hell the whole game is catered to just awful players. The best thing about EQ is your reputation is everything. If you suck, word spreads and you dont get groups. If you suck in WoW you just keep running LFR and LFD and get geared regardless of the fact that you are doing the DPS of a lvl 4. Everquest is like real life for normal people. You have to make a name for yourself and make friends. Your actions both negative and positive affect your gaming experience. WoW is real life for democrats. You whine and cry to Blizzard until they nerf things so its easier for you.
  19. Ceffener Augur

How many ilv behind mythic is LFR again. How many bosses in mythic can you down in LFR gear.

Complaining about LFR gear is like complaining about someone having banded gear.

I forgot the gear is purple and mythic is purple...OMG so lulz. Too easy to get purple gear.
  20. Teren_Kanan Elder