Mini-Bosses in Plane of Hate Frequently drop no loot

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by DefenseEQ, Jun 3, 2015.

1. DefenseEQ Augur

As the title says we are seeing that 50% of the time we kill a Mini boss in hate it drops no loot. Granted some of the minis should not be dropping armor at all, but they should have one of their rare items/weapons since they are after all a 3+ day re-spawn and they do have a loot table so why are they not dropping at least 1 item from it?

As another example the Avatar of Abhorrence is suppose to drop 2 pieces of rogue loot and another items such as Vexthorne. While sometime do see him drop armor/Vexthrone like normal, other time he drops 1 gem and nothing else, not even armor.

If you insist on these mobs being 3-3.5 day repops, then please do something about their loot tables. If there is nothing you can do about their loot tables, please increase the spawn rate of the mini-bosses, including the following mob in the Plane of Hate. To be honest increasing the spawn rate of all Trash/Mini's in the Plane of Hate/Fear would go a long way to solve some problems of overcrowding in these two zones that we are already starting to see on Ragefire:

Ashenbone Broodmaster
    Coercer T'vala
    Grandmaster R'Tal
    High Priest M'Kari
    Lord of Ire
    Lord of Loathing
    Magi P'Tasa
    Master of Spite
    Mistress of Scorn
  2. Freki Augur

this has been discussed and answered, due to the kunark/velious erra gear dropping on these mobs they don't. from my understanding, very FEW mobs dropped loot in hate and fear 1.0. right now i believe we are on hate 3.0 and fear 2.0
  3. DefenseEQ Augur

This particular issue has not been answered.

These minis dropped gear and items 100% of the time in Hate 2.0 when they were introduced, this is the version we have now, not 1.0, Innoruuk is at his 2.0 power dropping the race specific armor, to Hate 3.0 the version we get on lve, and on TLP once PoP is released.

This thread is not about Fear, or the Velious mobs in Hate. Its about the in-era tier 1 hate Mini Bosses dropping Zero loot, not even coin in some circumstances.
  4. Freki Augur

so you talk about hate 2.0 when did that come out? oh after kunark release. and is kunark in the game on ragefire? no.... so yes this has been discussed on the live streams, and in this forum already. it really has. and they have said that because they can not go to hate 1.0 it'll be like this till it is as it should be. if you are comparing hate drops from a live server to the hate drops from the TLP server you are comparing apples to oranges. compare hate from when it was put out. and until you become a DBG dev and show them how to do things then you have nothing to do but rant here many times i have seen your sig on the hate threads so YES you do know it's been discussed.

I included fear because that is the general offshoot of these hate loot not dropping threads. i'll go take some time to show a few of these if i have it after i finish my homework due tonight.
  5. Freki Augur

6. DefenseEQ Augur

I'm going to keep posting about the dozen or so issues with classic raid content until they get the attention they need, period.

If were going to be in classic for 6 months, the least they can do is fix the non-instanced classic raid zones.
  7. Freki Augur

so you're admitting you are breaking forum rules by continually posting multiple posts about the same thing. great! so please do tell me what mobs dropped loot in 1.0 hate. and what mobs dropped loot later in 2.0 or 3.0 and then compare your lists and realize that until the time 2.0 should be out time wise (after kunark) it is working as intended.
  8. DefenseEQ Augur

This is Hate 2.0 on Ragefire and Lockjaw right now. The zone will not change until Planes of Power as it did on the last progression servers, which means this is the version we are stuck with until something is done about it. Nothing will change when Kunark opens unless they make actual changes to the zone before then. It will be broken until PoP.
  9. Skum Elder

And all the mages cried out! 1 epic per 100 mages I'm thinking.
  10. Orko New Member

I do have to chuckle at all the Mages working furiously on the early easy Epic quest parts. There is no point in even thinking about it till you have an Earth Staff, cloak, and crown.
  11. DefenseEQ Augur

I have everything available in classic for the Magician Epic. Everything, Earth staff, Water staff, Crown, cloak, Undertow wand, other small useless stuff...

I'm the one here along with a few others complaining about how Hate needs to be fixed....if I was an , or only out for myself.... why would I give two ?
  12. Orko New Member

Nicely done, I still stand by my statement that anyone without those 3 items are wasting their time till they have them. The vast majority of the server have availability of the mobs themselves to deal with.

Kudos to you on trying to get Hate fixed, but it looks like it's an uphill battle. :(
  13. Greymere Augur

Last I checked they already said this is working as intended
  14. Drathus Augur

On fippy and Vulak, hate 2.0 went live at the start with minis like Coercer T`Vala dropping two random pieces of enchanter armor and a wand and possibly the Clarity 1HB. Magi P`Tasa dropped two random pieces of magician armor, and wand of swords as common and earth staff as the rare. Same with the other class minis - two random armors and another possible drop - like the cleric shield etc.

If these mobs are not itemized, then the items need to be added, or the Minis taken out until Mid Kunark - or whenever 2.0 went live. I believe it was shortly before Velious release. The change to put items on the minis came about because of poor game design. No reason not to have them active as they were on Fippy and Vulak.

There was some incorrect itemization in PoHate, but it was coming from the level 56+ npcs. If the itemization was altered on the level 55 -, then it sounds like someone wasn't too sure of itemization when they started messing around with changing drops.

I have heard their are also issues with Fear minis?

Why were these changed?
  15. Steampunk Augur

If it's not broken, it doesn't need to be fixed. This is not Fippy/Vulak, this is Ragefire/Lockjaw. They have already said that PoHate is working as it is supposed to. Just because it may work differently on other servers does not mean that is will or should work the same here. I am so happy that you have absolutely everything available for the Magician Epic. It must make your parents so proud when they visit you in the basement.
  16. Detheb Augur

WIth that kind of salt, you must play on Lockjaw....

It is a valid concern though, this isn't Velious level armor which was removed, this is CLassic era stuff, that should be dropping from these mobs, and its not working correctly at the moment. It needs to be looked at.
    Gythlen likes this.
  17. Steampunk Augur

If they said it is working properly, then they have looked at it. Unless, of course, you are accusing them of trying to pull a fast one? And yes, I do play on Lockjaw, and on Ragefire. I'm just a widdy biddy casual, though, far beneath your notice.
  18. toxist Lorekeeper

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=735 4-5 times in a row so far has droped 0 loot also , when velious unlocks he drops 2-4 items ever kill. it feel like if the loot table picks an out of content loot he drops nothing same with the other minis
  19. Rauven Augur

I think the issue goes beyond hate.

Many named frequently do not drop loot. I do NOT remember this happening. The only thing I can think of is maybe some loot on named is tied to an expansion, and when it pops up on the loot table, the game makes it not drop it. But doesn't drop something else instead (loot is tied to the spawn of the mob, not the death).
  20. DefenseEQ Augur

I think this is exactly the case.