Graphics: New Trolls or Old Trolls?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Wispur, May 30, 2015.

1. Wispur Elder

Which graphics are you using for trolls? The classic version, or the newer version?

I'm still trying to decide. Classic trolls are... well... classic, but blocky.
    The new trolls aren't quite as polygonal, but just don't have that bulky monster feel.

So which are you using?
    I'm especially curious to hear from Troll players which they prefer.
    Sygny likes this.
  2. liveitup1216 Augur

Troll shaman here. I cannot stand any of the new models period. Player char or otherwise. They're all too bulky and the animations are awful. The originals are of course super polygonal, but it fits the rest of the game's style.

This goes for any and all revamped zone textures as well. Utterly terrible. I understand a desire for updated graphics, but you either overhaul everything and make it cohesive or don't bother. This disjointed artwork is visually offensive.
  3. Vanic Elder

If you're using new model trolls, please cancel your account.
    dirgenoobforreal and Oldschool like this.
  4. liveitup1216 Augur

Fixed.
    Oldschool likes this.
  5. Zinth Augur

Eeeps... *sneaks out of the thread*
  6. Gythlen Augur

Old ... they scratch their butt.
    Oldschool likes this.
  7. SuedeVeil Lorekeeper

using all old models myself, and yeah I don't like the new freeport or RO either=/ there's something simple and clean about the blocky graphics. The luclin ones have this weird stance and movement and it looks messy also the artist doesn't seem to have a grasp on what bodies look like. Also my wood elf has a pancake bum.
  8. oldemangamer Augur

I use all Luclin models when playing on live. I just feel the classic don't blend with the modern environment or mob models. On the other hand, when I play P99, I use all classic because the Luclin models don't match the old surroundings.

I like consistency.
  9. Ultrazen Augur

I hate every single one of the Luclin models. I hate them so much that I would seriously never play the game again if I couldn't use old models. I forgo mounts because I hate them so much.

There is so much personality in all the old models, the new models are completely artless, not only in basic design, but movement as well. They all seriously look like a beginning design student with no talent did them. Have I mentioned that I hate all the new models?
  10. Dre. Altoholic

I use new models for *most* of the races I play only because they are required for mounts.

Some of the new ones are just too horrible. Using new Iksar for example should be punishable as a hate crime.

Although the Human/Elf chicks fare better than the rest. You can tell there was more effort there.
    Gythlen likes this.
  11. Wispur Elder

Ah good.

I wasn't really digging of the "new" models (mainly trolls), so I switched back to the old models.
    I was just kinda worried that I might be missing out.
    Doesn't look like it.

Thanks everyone!
  12. Gandwer New Member

I... actually like the new look for Eastern antonica... EXCEPT Freeport, that poor city was mangled and needs to be redone, badly.

The Luclin models look alright... so long as they're standing still. Their run / combat animations are terrible
  13. Kopuz Journeyman

I am about half and half on old and new models. Still fine tuning exactly what I like though. Currently Ogres are off and Trolls are on new. Halflings, Humans are off, Elves are on...

Lol.
  14. Glistarian Augur

It's hard to beat the rolling waddle of the old trolls.