Now that theres no queue

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Zhama, May 30, 2015.

1. Zhama Elder

Can we get rid of the autokick after an hour feature? Having to log in after doing something each time kinda sucks.
  2. Roadrunner11 Journeyman

I agree with this post. Seems kinda stupid to have the autokick in with no queue.
    Indrigoth likes this.
  3. xakanrn Augur

so you afk for 1 hour and can't take 15 secs to log back in?
  4. Roadrunner11 Journeyman

I believe it's shorter than 1 hour. But yes, EQ was never built around kicking people off. If there is no queue, I don't see why the kick can't be turned off.
    Motherlee and Indrigoth like this.
  5. Feradach Augur

Agreed. There's no need for anti-AFK code without a queue.
    Motherlee and Indrigoth like this.
  6. Porygon Augur

Some people like to log auctions when they are sleeping for potential sales/buys. This severely limits that ability.
    Motherlee likes this.
  7. Heilena Augur

You stop kicking people you very likely have queues again. We don't know what the numbers are like it could be sitting at 3k people with kicking after 30-60 minutes could be higher but doubt it.
  8. Jent Elder

+1 if we're voting
  9. UnnamedPlayer Elder

What if the queue comes back once the AFK Feature is disabled? o_O

Logging in is very quick, especially if you skip the patcher.

"C:\Games\EverQuest\eqgame.exe" patchme
  10. Hendar2 Augur

How about making the autokick length dependent on the length of the queue.

I too would like to be able to AFK and log info, as long as I'm not keeping anyone out of the game.
    PathToEternity and Indrigoth like this.
  11. Bumamgar Journeyman

I'd love for the auto-kick feature to be removed. That said, I am hopeful that the devs are keeping an eye on the server population. I'm happy for auto-kick to stay if we're at a point where we're "nearly queuing but not quite", as I do not want to keep active players from logging in, but if we're well below the 'queue threshold' then please remove auto-kick.
  12. vardune Augur

Yes I also would love to see that end or at least increased to 1+ hour.
  13. SuedeVeil Lorekeeper

I noticed too, I think its about half an hour. I've been kicked in way less than an hour. I'd be ok if it was a couple hours for AFK to be kicked. Sometimes I like being logged in to check auctions or just be able to med and play whenever i have some time without logging out.
  14. JemAsEQ666 Lorekeeper

Why does it bother you people if you get kicked out and have to log back into the game? It isn't like you can setup shops or anything. Are you botting and somehow your bot script still gets you logged out?
    Fallfyres likes this.
  15. Qing Journeyman

+1. auto-kick is definitely no longer necessary. It will have to be removed eventually anyways, unless bazaar traders will only be able to stay up for 45 minutes or whatever when Luclin comes out.
  16. Rauven Augur

I say keep it in until we don't need instances. People can afk in a zone instance and keep it open.

As for the luclin issue, just give us offline selling. That will fix that.
    JemAsEQ666 likes this.
  17. Porygon Augur

As mentioned before. Some people sit in auction and log all night so they make sure not to miss things they might need to sell or buy.
  18. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

It always amazes me how people will fight tooth and nail over two opposing options when the one in the middle makes the most sense for all parties. Your suggestion makes the most sense.

Or make sure to log serverwides.
  19. Barton The Mischievous

I say give it some more time,still were queue's today
  20. Supafro New Member

I'm in a que now on Ragefire. Hopefully it isn't a long one but probably need a couple more weeks before removing the autokick feature or maybe scale to 2 hours?