Lockjaw Population.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Diemond, May 29, 2015.

1. Diemond Augur

How is it on day one?
  2. Geroblue Augur

No exact figures are possible. Daybreak doesn't give out server population numbers.
  3. Diemond Augur

No but can join each class channel and get an estimate.
  4. Mardy Augur

Should wait until primetime, too early to tell. Also there are ways you can judge how it feels by looking at how many pickzone instances there are in newbie areas.

What I really want to know is whether we'll still get queues on Ragefire come primetime, that I'm waiting to see.
  5. Diemond Augur

I'm pretty confident the Q will be gone, but you never really know. And it's why I posted now rather than when it opened, it's close to prime now.
  6. Mardy Augur

It'll be a couple more hours 'til west coast gets home, that's when I'm interested in seeing if we'll still get queues.
  7. MBear Augur

Someone was saying 1200 about 20-30 minutes after launch. I know that isn't anything near primetime so that probably doesn't help much but I thought I would throw it out there in case you hadn't seen those numbers yet.
  8. Steampunk Augur

No queue, but everywhere I've been so far has had a lot of people. And not just mages...
  9. MBear Augur

Mages aren't people.
  10. Invictvs Augur

#EruditeLivesMatter
  11. Rolento Augur

Currently 3 Commonlands open, with about 30-50 people in each of them. Not sure what the other zones are like. But NOTHING near what Ragefire saw opening day. Obviously it wont be like that
  12. Kirria Journeyman

Some of us are so! I have a mage and an sk on a live server. I am not currently playing a mage on either tlp server, but I'm a mage at heart.

I will admit that not ALL are real people, but you can't say none of us are.
    MBear likes this.
  13. Weverley Augur

Greater faydark has around 300 persons atm with 5 versions.
  14. Glistarian Augur

So far it's reasonable, keeping in mind I play less popular newbie zones on purpose. Toxx is ok, I don't think there was a pickzone while I was there. Qeynos had 1 instance extra, as did QH.

I'm undecided about playing on it. I know the hardcores will come to race to be 'first', whatever that means 16 years later.

But will regular players come? I dunno.

I have a human rogue as my masochist choice, and an Erudite Cleric in case I need it to find a group.
  15. Mardy Augur

So this isn't scientific, it's not accurate, but it's a good guesstimate. Counting class channel numbers, here they are:

5pm pst
    ragefire 2964
    lockjaw 1497

Actual numbers are a lot higher as mage and druid channels are full (over 400). Plus west coast still has to get home, so the numbers will continue to climb for the next couple of hours. And weekend warriors logon enmass during the weekends, so these numbers would be even higher on Saturday and Sunday.

Honestly things are looking very good for both servers. We're looking at possibly not having queues but having 2 packed servers. Having a second server was definitely a good idea, good job Daybreak. Let's hope things continue this way, Daybreak making good decisions & continue to support the prog servers, and players keep that viral marketing up to get more players back into EQ. Win/win for all.

Happy gaming everyone :)
    MBear likes this.
  16. Steampunk Augur

Exactly my point.
  17. Invictvs Augur

RIP Lockjaw
  18. Steampunk Augur

Actually, I kinda like mages, and I've played them a lot in the past. In fact, I had originally planned to play Steampunk, my gnome mage tinkerer, but changed my mind when I saw the abundance of the class in Ragefire. Now I'm having fun with Thunderaxe the dwarven paladin blacksmith.