Instance Exploitation

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Dojii, May 29, 2015.

1. Dojii Augur

Probably should put a timer that increases between instance hops. Kids be grinding on 4 instances of guk, like wut

Edit; Make the timer increase each time you hop an instance. 5min 10min 15min etc...
    Fallfyres likes this.
  2. Warlorf Augur

Isn't the timer 5 minutes already?
  3. Roadrunner11 Journeyman

I like the five minutes. I've seen a few people misclick trying to get to a zone with their friends and have a 5 minute lockout timer. If it's longer, it could lock people out for longer. It appears the instances are open if people are using them to hop and clear other stuff. Soon as another group rolls in to camp it, it should stop them.
  4. Dojii Augur

Late night can clear 4 instances NP NP-- no contest. 5 mins is nothing for a full group. I mean maybe it's not an exploit. I just see it as more loot.
  5. Dojii Augur

I Mean it continues to increase the more you use it. 5 min first time. then 15 minutes. etc.
  6. Invictvs Augur

Problem: I have friends who are in another instance doing the same camp I am. They want Clarity, I just over and buff them. Why should the lock out timer be longer?
  7. Dojii Augur

if nobody is in the zone, or very few... many camps are easy to claim all 4 instances with one group. hopping every 5 minutes. late night easy farmage.
  8. Glistarian Augur

LOL.
  9. MaestroM Augur

So?
  10. Crabcakes Journeyman

Conversely, get rid of, or greatly reduce the lockout if you're denied entry into a specific instance using /pick.
  11. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Don't worry I'm sure a timer lockout is in the works....
  12. Unique_Moop Augur

well if you make the instance timer longer can we make it so you default to the instance most of your group is in?
    Yara_AB and Oldschool like this.
  13. Dojii Augur

So you can get in theory 4-5 FBSS in 30 minutes?? (if every named spawned and dropped after phs killed)

dat classic immersion
  14. Nenton Augur

Pretty simple. /pick should put you at the succor spot in the zone. None of this hopping from named spot to named spot in a zone without clearing.
    Roxxanna, Genoane, Adrienna and 6 others like this.
  15. Dojii Augur

I'm just bringing up the subject before it gets out of hand.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  16. Silv Augur

Pretty sure it's a TLP server, not classic. Seems to be a common misconception around these forums...

This makes the most sense IMO and probably the easiest without screwing over people who are trying to legitimately use the feature.
    Barton, sleka and Jadefox like this.
  17. Dojii Augur

Yea I know it's TLP -- not exactly classic. etc.. but just trying to make a point. Before this gets real grimy.
  18. MBear Augur

TLP is just what the community decided to call it. It could just as easily be called classic progression. You can say it isn't classic all you want, but it still is pretty classic.
    Dojii likes this.
  19. MBear Augur

Surprised I haven't seen this suggested more. Have to think about it some but it seems like a good idea.
    sleka and Indrigoth like this.
  20. Hateseeker Augur

Funny thing is, "time-locked" isn't accurate either - if votes can be No, then technically it's Vote Locked Progression; there's just a minimum time before the vote.

What's the respawn timer on frenzied ghoul and similar?