Lockjaw or Ragefire?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by rosleck, May 29, 2015.

1. rosleck New Member

I originally played from early 2000 until a year or 2 ago. Several time in the last day or 2 I have almost subscribed to come back and try one of the new progression servers. Is one of them better for a casual player? I plan on playing often but I am in no rush to hit any level. Does one of the servers have a good grouping environment? I mained a Cleric back in the day and I love just grouping and playing.
  2. MBear Augur

Both servers will suit you. I would recommend rolling Lockjaw just to help balance out the two servers if you don't have some specific reason to roll Ragefire.
  3. Diemond Augur

Both servers are the same, the difference is Lockjaw opened today while Rage has been going for a week now so Rage has the higher level and will more than likely have the higher population. Lockjaw population should be viable for a while though so don't worry about that.
  4. Invictvs Augur

I'm going to try and say this without sounding like a complete troll: I believe the community over on Lockjaw is going to be more carebear. There has been a ton of complaining on these forums over the past week and it has seemed to die down since the announcement of LJ. Based purely off of speculation with no substantial evidence, LJ is going to be QQ hell.
  5. Dark_Intentions Augur

At the same time, I bet Lockjaw will be fewer boxers. The people that intended to box already have their toons up higher on Ragefire. Most won't switch. There's no transferring going on.

If they are in EQ, they can't really be considered "carebear" by other MMO standards. An EQ carebear is a hardcore in other games lol.
    Tamier likes this.
  6. SuedeVeil Lorekeeper

Im not sure, I think boxers will go to wherever they can make krono's off people. And they can take their krono's they already have anywhere. Most don't even bother equiping their mages so they dont have a lot invested and might want to dominated a new server. I doubt boxers want to even play on a server with a lot of other boxers because they would have too much competition for selling loots. On ragefire with all the instances the cost might go way down. Im just speculating though but I am thinking the boxers will even out on both servers. They spent as much time invested as any other single players after all, and plenty are switching to lockjaw after a week.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  7. MBear Augur

As carebears are defined as avoiding PvP and interpersonal conflict to focus on the game environment, I would certainly hope it will be.
    Having played both Eve and ArcheAge, I can assure you that I will take all the carebearing I can get!
  8. Silv Augur

You realize that a very small fraction of this specific population actually does this right? Sweeping generalizations like this are just ridiculous.
    Tamier, Mardy and MBear like this.
  9. thechacko Elder

Come to Lockjaw if you're a late nighter :)
  10. SuedeVeil Lorekeeper

You're right, I should have specifically mentioned the ones who are farming to sell for krono's like the full group mage ones, (not that they ALL do it)
  11. Kunon Augur

The boxers are there, Lockjaw is just a scaled down version of Ragefire in every way. Not much of a reason to switch/transfer as it looks like the raid targets will be going down tomorrow night over there. Already quite a few people in the mid/high 20s. That would be expected though with a much smoother role out, more instanced zones, and much less competition all the way around for mobs.
  12. Tamier Augur

There were some, but they were sure catching grief by multiple players in the mage channel.
  13. Tamier Augur

Nice to see you admit that part of the population isn't the majority.