How Hard Is It?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by wahnd, May 29, 2015.

1. wahnd New Member

Title for Absor..

How tough would it be to make a Halfling Ranger Non KOS in Neriak? Oggok?
  2. Greymere Augur

prior to Planes of Power? pretty tough

After PoP with an Enchanter friend with Project Illusion, and invisibility it's doable

Though only for Guards and Merchants for the most part
  3. bobjones1208 Augur

It would be harder than keeping a fat kid away from cake.
  4. Invictvs Augur

Did someone say cake?
  5. Uxtalzon Augur

Whoa... whoa...

*ahem*

Neriak = easy.

Turn in red wine in the Third Gate somewhere. You'll need invisibility cast on you before turning it in. Literally though, 20 platinum can max your faction with inner guards, outer guards, and merchants. (Quest Link)

Oggok = takes time, but easy.

Pickled Froglok to Chef Dooga. Buy all the froglok meat you can from players. Raise baking skill first. +5 faction to guards, Clurg, etc. (Quest Link)
  6. wahnd New Member

Thanks! Time to be an evil ranger!
  7. Steampunk Augur

At first, I thought you were asking if the Devs could make halfling nonKOS there, and I was about to lose my mind. Then I read the other comments. Guess that's what comes from reading all the posts from these special little snowflakes who want the game changed to what they want it to be.

Evil ranger, especially evil halfling ranger, might be pretty cool. Are you on Ragefire or Lockjaw?
    Uxtalzon likes this.
  8. Rauven Augur

This works.. but I will say this.. Avoid the Indigo Brotherhood (Warrior guild), the Spurned (Caster's guild), Spires of Innoruuk (Cleric Guild), Ebon Hand (Rogue's Guild, and the Dead (Necro and SK guild). Pretty much watch out everywhere outside Neriak Commons and Foreign Quarter.

As a ranger you won't need invis. Use sneak to turn in. If that still works.
  9. Silv Augur

When I first started EQ in 99 as a dark elf... I rebelled and went to Gfay to XP. This consisted of killing many orcs etc. I was able to get decent faction with several NPC groups on Faydwer but there were some where it just wasn't happening (and I still am KOS to them today). In the process I also made myself KOS to Neriak guards which is funny to this day as they still attack me at Lv 105 :D

Short answer: Not *overly* hard to get some factions but the chance of you getting *all* of the ones needed to safely go into those locations... very slim. Even in modern times it would take an annoying amount of effort.
  10. Jadefox Augur

I'm working on making my DE Enchantress non KoS in Halas....without illusions.

--Jade looks at you threateningly
  11. Uxtalzon Augur

Too cute :3 I'm sure you already know, but...

Gnoll fangs to the warrior guild and polar bear skins to Cindl, then if faction is decent enough, there's a "drink" quest the warrior guild offers. You run around giving it to various NPCs in Everfrost.

Also an alternative is Lenka Stoutheart's pouch in Freeport... but the respawn of the pouch is like five-ten minutes. You'll likely need illusions and (if available) faction spells at first.