Twisted legion????

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Bagel, May 28, 2015.

1. Mezrah Augur

Hmmm

I honestly don't remember that Nagafen, I do remember the Trak, it was what broke the rotation that was in place for the start of Kunark, I was there as a member of Armageddon.
  2. Frenzic Augur

HONEY, I'M HOME!
  3. Mezrah Augur

Good, I am looking forward to your rebuttal ;-).
  4. Frenzic Augur

Alright so I will preface this post by apologizing to the people who don't give a tooth about this situation. I'm only posting this to help out a couple of my friends in this thread.

It all started in classic-

Armageddon had three times the number of shadowknights as we did (Citizen) and TL had twice as many. We quickly realized that we were going to be blown out of the water if we didn't do something about it. A couple of us decided to roll box shadowknights to make up the difference in numbers.

Everything was innocent until the fateful night of Lord Nagafen. We were still in classic and a GM had recently ruled that first in force would be the rule of the week. Being that the rule, Citizen decided to spawn camp Nagafen for a ridiculous amount of time. As the window came closer, TL came in to contest us via DPS race. We made it clear that we were first in force and they made it clear that they didn't care.

Skip ahead a bit of time and I get a message from the guild leader (Citizen) to drop into his mumble chat. I drop down and he is in a panic. He says Frenzic, we are going to lose this fight! I was confused and offered back "Why do you think that? We have plenty of people here and my Sks" The guild leader informed me that TL was camping out shadowknights and logging them back in via the same person. I said "who cares"? He said they are doing it to automate the harmtouch fire, the same guy is going to box most of their SKs and instantly kill nagafen...

Ok so I looked and what he said seemed true, Sks were camping out left and right and then back in within a couple mins. Fine guildleader... What can we do about it? Petition? He says no the gms would take far too long to get here, we need to fight fire with fight or our guild's moral will be crushed! Fine by how are we going to fight them? Guild leader says we have a guy in the guild that can automate the sks as well! Give him your access and we will do the same thing they are and hope for the best.

Fine... Nagafen spawns and BOOM instant death. We all checked our logs and sure enough, TL landed 5-6 HTs on Nagafen before he fulled spawned into the world. Citizen however landed more at I believe 8-9. Moral of the story? Both guilds cheated this day, but Citizen had better ping.

Skip ahead to Kunark launch-

TL had multiple sks warp and harmtouch Sev right in front of my eyes... We lost that kill. We proceeded to kill VS twice and Trak once using this instant HT method, each and everytime TL sks were also firing off, just not as many due to ping. TL switched their trigger man because after these fights, TL never lost a HT race again. They were landing almost all their HTs before ours went off. In the war of milliseconds, we were now behind.

Now obviously I left names out of this post. I have no intention of throwing people under the bus, I simply wanted to straighten out the facts. Neither guild was innocent, but Citizen DID NOT start the war. I'd say it was equal at the very least.
    Uxtalzon and MBear like this.
  5. Ootax Augur

Only thing I got out of that was blame citizen for the great poop sock crisis on fippy. Citizen pretty much took the first in force rule, which I'm sure the gm meant when the mob spawned and a guild showed up, not a guild sitting there for hours at a time before the spawn. I don't care either way it's all old news, a lot of the drama can be attributed to both guilds, however the socking 100% goes to Citizen, they started that whole debacle. It was clear that would be their only way to compete with TL because their mobilizing was horrible.
  6. Mezrah Augur

Hmmm

1. Arma inherited a number of main SK's with the merger with Pandemoniumx. After the poopsocks started, a number of classes that found themselves useless in a contested spawn levelled SK's. The first use of those SK's was on the contested Vox where only Citizen and Arma were contending. There were a total of 3 of them, level was approx 27, the mains of the people involved were warrior, cleric, druid. Other people in the guild then started to level their own SK's.
    2. I certainly remember the sev incident of people warping...
    3. On the Trak raided I attended, the 1st of the rotation for Arma, it was only Citizen and Arma there, though TL's guild leader was present to observe.
  7. Invictvs Augur

We will dominate both servers. We are everywhere. We do not forget. We do not forgive. We are Legacy.
    Frenzic likes this.
  8. DBCooper Elder

This crying is as hilarious as it is ridiculous.

Let me ask everyone this question:

What guilds have been trying to kill the various raid mobs available and feel that TL has unfairly blocked them from a chance at it?

Because I haven't heard of any GUILD complain about their raid force being blocked from anything. I see a bunch of whining individuals that see stuff beaten faster than they expected, see people leveling faster than they want to level, and see their hopes and dreams of remembered "uberness" falling to the wayside.

Let me clear something up for those of you coming back after a decade or whatever and worried about this:

The fundamental changes to this game at the low levels means in conjunction with the knowledge we now have of the game, means that if you have 20 people that are appropriately leveled and equipped, they will be able to kill 95% of raid targets up through the next couple of expansions. This is not the same game that it was and its not the same kind of naive people.

So make a guild and work on it and quit worrying about "maybe"s and "what if"s and just go about your business. I've seen plenty of the server announcements about raid mobs dying and many were during prime time, they aren't just massing on these targets the second they render. If something goes sour courtesy-wise in the future, then come complain then.
    Liquid likes this.
  9. Warlorf Augur

Holy crap. Sorry TL. Wtf was I typing? Holy crap booze affects judgment on typing. I sounded like a blabbering fool last night lol
  10. Invictvs Augur

Never let your friends drink and type.
  11. Nolrog Augur

Ha ha ha. You made a big todo about quitting, how horrible it was about the [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] stuff, and you're never going to play the game again. If you didn't want it to be anybody's business, you shouldn't have made post leaving in a snit, you should have just left.
  12. Nolrog Augur

Hmmmm.

You missed one.
  13. Frenzic Augur

Hmmmmmm?
  14. Invictvs Augur

hmmmm
  15. Greymere Augur

I think it is more a factor of a previous negative reputation the guild possessed and the the prevelant view that the current iteration will be no different if not worse than the last.

I agree with you that screaming that TL is the end of the world before they have done anything that impacts you is silliness though. Its one thing to expect something to happen, but lets not scream about it already happening.
  16. Tamier Augur

I'll stay just since it seems to annoy you boxers so much. Enjoying seeing all the boxers get flamed on Lockjaw anyway.
  17. Steampunk Augur

OK, whatever.... you and Francine.
  18. myrv New Member

There will always be a guild pushing the limits on progression servers. For the short stint I was in ROI we did the same thing, and everyone bitched and whined on the forums. Sadly work and overtime got in the way and I had to give it up. Hell, back when SoV actually was new, I remember Conquest dominating my server.

The thing is, the high end raiders are always pushing the most current content. You might have to wait a little while, but you will be able to raid whatever you want eventually because they will be on to something new. The first step though is to quit and start playing. You have to have levels and an active guild to down raid mobs... or you have to box. Either way it doesn't matter as eventually everyone will be able to do it.

Oh and how much crono for my mage 1.0? :) Over 11 years of playing off and on and I have only seen quill-mane twice and killed him one of those... no cloak.
  19. Detheb Augur

[quote="Frenzic]

Skip ahead to Kunark launch-

TL had multiple sks warp and harmtouch Sev right in front of my eyes... We lost that kill. [/quote]

I will say this, that if you saw any SK's warp to Sev in front of your eyes, you had to have warped too. Also, i got to Sev when he was at 91% health, running with Bard speed. Its not like he instantly died lol.
    Although, I do belive Tullian may have gotten the servewide.
  20. Jaxarale01 Augur

we dont care
    Nenake and Jezzie like this.