Transfers or No? We need to know this!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Trevalon, May 27, 2015.

1. Greymere Augur

no transfers based on its population, you wanna avoid transfers it has to be populated by a lot of new characters and not such a huge population imbalance between the two servers is what I take from that.

I am sure if it remains grossly underpopulated they will offer free transfers to incentive people to move over.
  2. Roshen Brand Manager

I'm not trying to hide anything regarding free vs paid servers.

If the Lockjaw server is underpopulated, or if LONG Ragefire queues never end, free transfers may be a good solution.

If Lockjaw's population takes off immediately after launch, free transfers are probably NOT a healthy thing for that server.

We're going to see how things on Lockjaw go first, before we come to a decision on the best way to handle transfers for this server.
    Faile, PathToEternity, Elkay and 7 others like this.
  3. Zebaz New Member

So, now I have to lose the bags I purchased with my station cash because I want to be able to play with my guild and friends who are going to Lockjaw. You should at least allow people to delete the char the marketplace bags are on and refund the bags. The only reason I bought them was because DBG said there would only be 1 server. Even after being told by everyone they needed 2. A lot of people are going to be very upset with this decision. But it is to be expected and it is what every one I spoke with presumed would happen. I just hope everything works out in the end. I'm still moving servers and hoping the transfers come soon so I can use the bags I purchased.
  4. Lord Binky Elder

Why, that's completely rational! Thanks, this makes me want to restart on the new server even more since I had so much issue picking a class on this one haha
  5. Barton The Mischievous

Boo! No Transfers, No mention of a set merger date/expansion, and No thanks I don't want to end up on the New Vulak or Dead Server.
  6. eikona New Member

Yay!!! This is what I was hoping for!!
  7. Gremin Augur

Sometimes your rational thought process for decisions regarding EQ baffle me. Daybreak saw the amount of people posting, tweeting, facebooking etc Pre Ragefire...you had every indication this server would be HUGE. You were given so many signs....

Still you persisted on NO second server....over and over...

Finally you figure out your need for a second server...but by now tons and tons of folks have bought items, potions, etc from your store. Which most were happy to do as we all know its how your company survives. Now our toons we bought this stuff on will not be transferred.

You are dooming Lockjaw to failure before it has even opened....

You want this second server to thrive...open it transfers immediatly because the same people and guild who killed Nag and Vox will do so on LJ no matter if there are transfers or not.

I know you all are sleep deprived but come on...
  8. Gremin Augur

Oh and set a merger date now...if both populations are healthy at that date then set another date down the road.
  9. Lateryn Augur

Or if you are so worried about your "Station cash" purchases, keep playing on ragefire. If the servers become unbalanced then they open transfers and you can move. Which is pretty much what he said.

No one forces you to move to new server.
    Tarvas and arwilly like this.
  10. arwilly Lorekeeper

Very glad to see no transfers. I bought SC bags too, but I'm more than willing to lose them for the move to Lockjaw. Thanks for the update Roshen. Peace out Ragefire!
  11. Lateryn Augur

Does nothing but throw a dart(Date) on the dartboard.
  12. Menthas Journeyman

Makes sense. I like it.
  13. Gremin Augur

You totally missed the point of the post. We would of moved to LJ from the start if it had been put out in a timely manner but instead they kept trying to put it off and put it off.
    Ltldogg likes this.
  14. Trevalon Augur

Thank you so much for the response Roshen! This is the exact answer I was hoping for which gives people a fresh start on a new server, but offers hope for if the server is underpopulated a few weeks/months down the line.

Thank you again for taking the time to respond to this thread!
    Lord Binky and JemAsEQ666 like this.
  15. JemAsEQ666 Lorekeeper

Then stay on Ragefire. Simple solution I know. Seriously, I swear some people believe DBG is sitting in conference rooms thinking how they can personally screw you.
  16. Zebaz New Member

I'm more than willing to leave them behind. I just wanted to get the notion out there that it is upsetting to lose them because they changed their stance on the server.
  17. JemAsEQ666 Lorekeeper

LOL DBG is damned if they do and damned if they don't. ****News Flash**** People are upset now by reading these fourms, so not sure how this changes anything. Be mad without your guild on Ragefire or go to Lockjaw =P Simple with a :)
  18. Lateryn Augur

It hasn't even been a week, with the previous weekend being a holiday..

Either stay on ragfire so you keep your purchases or re-roll and start over.
    Lord Binky and JemAsEQ666 like this.
  19. JemAsEQ666 Lorekeeper

Timely manner? Ragefire has been out a week. WTF
  20. Mezrah Augur

Hmmm

I believe it is, once again, the wrong decision that you are making. If you don't allow transfers then lockjaw will suffer the same fate as Vulak but over a much shorter period of time. If you are worried about the impact higher level players have, put a level cap on the characters, so that only characters below level 25? are allowed to transfer off Ragefire.