Transfers or No? We need to know this!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Trevalon, May 27, 2015.

1. Trevalon Augur

Ok, so right now I am not playing Everquest. The reason I am not playing is because I plan to move to Lockjaw and I do not know the official transfer policy for lockjaw.

Other than the rules (Which yall have already stated are identical to Ragefire) this is the single biggest issue we, the players, need to know about Lockjaw. The server is tentatively slated to come out in the next 48 hours and we have absolutely no idea about what you are doing. We know Holly hinted that you may do transfers but not for a week after launch, but we really need an official answer.

Here are the questions I feel we need answered asap:

1. Are you going to allow transfers from Ragefire to Lockjaw?
    2. When are you going to allow transfers to Lockjaw?
    3. Are the transfers going to be Free or Paid?

Please let us know this ASAP! I feel like I am wasting my time playing on Ragefire if you are not going to offer transfers, but if you are going to offer transfers then I am hindering myself by not leveling right now.

Please end the uncertainty on this subject and let us know!
    Mezrah, Gythlen, Krizem and 5 others like this.
  2. Shinkhi New Member

Agreed... I don't even want to play because it seems like a waste. I just need to know so I can get on with it.

Jesus, I mean are they writing full on PMBOK documents for all of their decisions? Consulting your Communications Management Plan/Strategy on every tweet? Someone in that freakin building has already made a decision on this. COMMUNICATE IT! FFS..
  3. Trevalon Augur

I wont go as far as using curse words, but I agree, we need to know this so we can make an informed decision on what we plan to do when Lockjaw launches.
  4. Ltldogg Augur

yes, we need to know. I'm in the same boat as the OP. I don't want to wait in queue lines to play a character on Ragefire that won't be transferred to Lockjaw, which I'm moving to when it opens.
  5. Kahna Augur

I would be willing to bet the answer is that they don't know yet. It would be wise of them to wait and see what the population looks like when it first opens before committing. If the population is significantly less that Ragefire a transfer makes sense, but if they end up being fairly equal a transfer doesn't make as much sense, and runs the risk of tipping the balance towards Lockjaw at the expense of Ragefire.
  6. Lord Binky Elder

It seems like free transfers a week into the server would pretty much kill lockjaws population for that first week. Anyone with a higher level character would be smart to just deal with queues on ragefire and exp/farm money/whatever until they can transfer. Kind of defeats the purpose!

Paid transfers or none at all until a later date IMO.

But in any case a dev response would be cool.
  7. Kahna Augur

A week of farming plat, in the long run, is nothing. The only reason they wanted to delay was to allow the server firsts to be achieved by players who leveled up on that server, and yes, racers will race to kill them because that is what they do. Adding transfers after that, if needed, will balance the populations, which is more important to the life expectancy of the server than preventing someone from farming some plat for a week.
    nirriri likes this.
  8. Lord Binky Elder

Wouldn't this still lead to almost no population for the first week though? Why would anyone outside of maybe a few guilds start fresh on the new server if they have a high level on ragefire and can get a free transfer in a week?
  9. Malik_Fippy Journeyman

Server transfers should not even be an option or concern. Sorry if you disagree but its my opinion. Ragefire has been open what a week tomorrow. If your really that concerned about one week's worth of time on a server then perhaps this isnt the game for you. I can understand about wanting character names, but any good gamer has multiple names already ready to use. No i'm not one of the highest on Ragefire, but I am by no means one of the lowest and I have many many hours logged into Ragefire, counting the X amount of hours waiting on server to be fixed. So if your seriously worried about your level 20-40 being able to be transferred to Lockjaw because you can't deal with putting in the effort, then stay on Ragefire.
    Tamier and Orbital101 like this.
  10. Massimo_Bertoxx Augur

No transfers, please.
    Tamier and Orbital101 like this.
  11. Shinkhi New Member

The only thing I said that comes close to a curse word is PMBOK... but if you're referring to FFS then I apologize for stripping you of your innocence.
  12. Kahna Augur

Everyone who is sitting in a queue, or has been sitting in a queue for so long this week they haven't been able to make or level a character to any significant level.
  13. Trevalon Augur

As someone who has put in a significant amount of time in this last week, has a family, and a full time job, I can say that all time is valuable whether its 10 hours in a week or 50 hours.

Secondly, it isn't about leveling a new character, but if Transfers are coming 3 days after Lockjaw launch then why on earth would I ever start fresh on Lockjaw, I should just wait and transfer my character 3 days later and be ahead of all the noobs that started over.

But if transfers are not coming or not coming for multiple weeks, then starting over on Lockjaw makes a lot more sense.

I have no need to level 2 character sets if transfers will be available shortly after Lockjaw's launch. I am glad you have the spare time to do that, but many people don't.

Either way, This kind of thing should already be decided and we should already know what that decision is so that we all can make a better, more informed decision about how and when we would move to lockjaw.
    Tamier likes this.
  14. Malik_Fippy Journeyman

Haha, Spare time your funny.... I work Full time job, have family, and other household duties I attend to as well. You are barking up the wrong tree on that one. Fortunately I have a very understanding spouse who knew for month plus this was coming up and told me to enjoy myself. I still maintain my fatherly duties and stuff around house and more if possible. It's all multitasking and knowing how to properly manage it
  15. Roshen Brand Manager

When Lockjaw opens, there won't be transfers.

Once Lockjaw opens, we want this server to develop naturally as progression servers do. We want all players to have the same opportunity for the content on Lockjaw, regardless on how much time those players have been able (or not been able) to play on Ragefire.

After we have some information on what population looks like on Ragefire and Lockjaw after this second server launches, we'll see what we want to do with transfers.
  16. Steampunk Augur

You really need to get back on your medication, man!
    Alarice likes this.
  17. Liquid Augur

Logical...thanks for the response. Posts like these put to rest all the peeps that think the sky is falling. Thanks Roshen.
    Tamier likes this.
  18. Oberon Augur

woo no transfers!
    Tamier and Lilyedan Ownz'Yu like this.
  19. Daykin Journeyman

Very disappointing. Notice there's no mention of free transfers either.
  20. Ltldogg Augur

Thanks for the update!