NO QUEUE at login - do not make the second server

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Qing, May 27, 2015.

1. vardune Augur

No its 3 in California. Some of us are still working.
  2. Aneuren Tempered Steel

Last night at 8pm est there was an almost two hour queue. This thread is a bit premature. Please consider your fellow gamers on the west coast.
  3. Rolien Elder

Because California is the only state that plays Everquest. This is a well known fact by everyone in the United states in fact I think that very few people outside of California even know about Everquest as it's a very state specific.
  4. Valkerine Augur

I thought everything that was considered fun was banned and made illegal in California?
  5. Protocol Dragon Defender

Yeah, a ton of people are not playing on Ragefire because we're rolling Lockjaw on launch. All this is, is proof that Lockjaw is successful in reducing the overcrowding on Ragefire.
  6. Rolien Elder

Well that explains why Everquest is currently so well known in California. It's currently not fun and it's not banned.
  7. Vaclav Augur

Are you daft? Each time zone as people get off work adds more and more people for the evening.

CA is going to have the most extreme plight when it comes to queues. It's not a difficult concept unless you think timezones progress east instead of west...
  8. Calbiyum Journeyman

New server launching - people who are going to switch to the new server aren't logging in to play a toon they won't play anymore.
  9. Wandidar Elder

It's not that only people in California play EQ... it's that there are several time zones across the US that will increase the load as the evening progresses. Somewhere between 8:00pm and 9:00pm EST will be when all US time zones will be having people pile on the server.

If we get to 10:00pm EST and people are having no / very low queue times, then something significant is going on.... most likely folks deciding to move to LJ and waiting out a couple days.
  10. Rolien Elder

You must be stupid to not see the pure sarcasm in that sentence.

But hey if they wanna complain about a Queue they should move so they don't have to deal with it. After all that's how advantages work.
  11. Batmasterson New Member

There is a queue now ...
  12. Leifer Augur

I just got home from work 5:30 Central. There is in fact a Queue - I just hope its not 2+ hours like the last couple of nights.
  13. Hendar2 Augur

I am one of the people making little effort to login, since I plan to move to the new server. I will login later, but I would have been on much earlier if I were planning on staying on Ragefire. Thus, the queue lengths are shorter because of people like myself.
  14. Maltheus Elder

There is a queue right now. Trying to log my accounts in to give a friend all of my Ragefire platinums.
  15. Qing Journeyman

Someone flunked geography. 46% of the US population lives in the EST time zone alone.
    Rolien likes this.
  16. Greymere Augur

Even PST the queue wasn't that bad, the drop off is a natural dropoff that was always going to happen but players were too impatient for and players logging in less because they already decided they want to reroll on the announced new server.
  17. Lord Binky Elder

Same here. I might log on later to goof off, but at the moment I'm in wait for new server mode
  18. Nefarr Journeyman

I'm in the queue.
  19. Banai Augur

Yet the east coast does not have near the land mass of the rest of the country. Hence me saying 90% of the country, not the population.

Regardless, judging things at the times he listed is a moot point when the server has had a Q every day since launch at prime time
  20. Vaclav Augur

I hit a 1h40m queue (and a 1h queue before that, that ended in a crash - leading to 2h40m total to login) - that's "not bad"?

What would you consider bad? 1 day?
  21. Nolrog Augur

Now there is a queue. So does that mean there is once again need for a second server?