Ragefire Forums (community forums)

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by PathToEternity, May 1, 2015.

1. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

Hey everyone. A lot of you already found your way to these forums before we had a server name, which was pretty impressive - it's been awkward running with a temporary domain knowing we'd be changing within just a few weeks, but today has been a good day.

The bulk of the work has been done, so www.progressionprechat.com has moved. The permanent address can now be found at:

www.RagefireForums.com

You can also arrive from www.Ragefire.org. Stop by, check in, browse the recruitment forums, etc. Things will really begin shaping up as we look forward to beta next week and launch next month. The forums are the landing pad and I want them to always be the focal point of the site, but we will also have a wiki to document the history of the server as well as a few other components which hopefully folks will find useful.

Feel free to contact me directly if you have any questions.
    Irbax_Smoo and Frenzic like this.
  2. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

http://www.ragefireforums.com/irc.php

IRC functionality has been added. A link to the Wiki is up too, as I've had it installed for awhile, but of course there just isn't much information to have on there yet.
    Irbax_Smoo likes this.
  3. Dandy Augur

PathToEternity likes this.
  4. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

Actually I like that interface better. Updated.
  5. jeskola pheerie

everyone come here!
  6. Frenzic Augur

Yea it's been pretty dead. I'm surprised.
  7. Paydro Journeyman

After what I've seen of the Fippy forums I'm not interested, personally. It wouldn't surprise me if a lot of others weren't either. Or, there just hasn't been enough server drama yet. Wait, that can't be right.
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  8. Frenzic Augur

I'd rather have people speak their minds than be over moderated. In fairness, these forums are way more active than they were in fippy/combine eras.
  9. Finwen Augur

There's nothing over there that's really worth reading tbh. No drama makes for boring boards.
  10. Bumamgar Journeyman

It seems to me that DBG isn't being as heavy handed with moderating as SOE was.
  11. arwilly Lorekeeper

Doesn't TL run the forums over there?
  12. Bandok Augur

Sort of, but I've never really understood why that makes a difference. Jain is sort of the main guy for it, and he's seemed like a relatively stand-up guy. Just because you don't like his guild doesn't mean he's a bad person...
  13. Frenzic Augur

Yes but we run these forums too... Pocket gm and all.
  14. Aneuren Tempered Steel

Jain has historically been a very fair moderator. He did an admirable job on the Fippy forums.
  15. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

http://www.ragefireforums.com/forums/

I haven't been making too much mention of the unofficial forums lately as I know we've all been settling in, leveling up, and figuring out what RF is going to be like for us, but here's another plug for those who want to drop by, check in, rant about something, or look for a guild.

The Wiki and Wordpress area have had a slow start as I was focusing on other areas of the site, but you can sign up to edit/post now if you want to get involved. I still have hopes of documenting the server's history and other's are onboard with this too.

There's still daily traffic, but on launch day things slowed down considerably and are still building back up, which is more or less what I expected. DB has been doing a fairly good job listening to the voice here - whether implementing ideas (instancing group content across the board) or at least acknowledging feedback (the 5+ daily locked threads about boxing). For awhile I was reading these forums daily, almost every thread, but I've stopped as this is beginning to feel like the same old stuff getting recycled every day, and most of it is ranting about this issue or another.

The rant area on the unofficial forums hasn't really taken off (probably since all that has a welcome outlet here), which doesn't bother me too much. I'm actually thinking about shutting them down/replacing them with a forum serving as a platform focused on thoughtful, intellectual discussion of server issues ("Philosopher's Table" or something like that). I kind of feel like we're getting too old for a rants forum; half the rants posted have spiraled off into rational discussion, it's humorous really.

I noticed someone above did mention the forums being run by TL. That's a bit of a stretch but I'll speak to that point. I did recently reprise my role as a TL officer which I had no plans of doing when deploying these forums. I didn't have any trouble on the Fippy forums moderating fairly while serving as an officer, and I don't anticipate any issues admin'ing this time around while also an officer (in fact being able to delegate moderator duties instead of handling them myself is somewhat preferable to me). That said, there's been almost no moderation to speak of as there's a very mature (if quiet right now) atmosphere to the place.

We were up to three moderators (besides myself as admin). One of them rerolled on LJ and the other two wound up joining TL, so that's worth mentioning. I am asking the two which had stepped up as mods prior to joining TL to step down to contributor status and over the next week I will be reaching out to active guilds on the server to see if they have a member who would like a moderator role.

I do hope I'm known as someone who is approachable and reasonable, both as a Ragefire player and as a TL member/officer. TL doesn't require its members to sign any sort of behavior agreement (except raiding instructions) when joining, and believe it or not it's not a requirement to like every other person in the guild (on that note I'd say TL winds up being a lot more like a family than the many family guilds I've been a part of over the years). I am proud of what TL has accomplished in the raiding scene and am proud to be both a member and an officer (in that order). I do not, however, use the forums to recruit and in an attempt to separate my positions I do not include my guild information in my forum signature over there like I do here.

Evidently I'm feeling chatty tonight as I've spend several minutes typing this up, but with the changes over there and now that we're a couple weeks into the server it's probably time to briefly step into the spot light again. These official forums will not always be so lively and DB will not always be so active here - I hope people know they have another place to turn which isn't as trolly and they can find more interesting, constructive discussion.

Thanks!
    Dandy and nectarprime123 like this.
  16. RainbowTest Augur

State Press at its finest lol.
    Drexll likes this.
  17. Avenrii Journeyman

Thank you for your hard work. This was actually the first resource that I came across that was dedicated solely to Ragefire. I've been browsing here for a week, and it seems the topics are mostly limited to being pro- or anti- everything. As someone who hasn't stepped out and chosen a guild, I am seeking more of a community to share my time with in the broader sense. It'd be refreshing to see more connectivity between the players and the guilds! I'll try to stop by more often.
  18. Rhiyannon Augur

jain has been doing this for years, he doesn't hold bias(does have a slight shammie addiction), and a great mod.

but... great job with those forums guys... after the fippy ones, which were radioactively toxic, i'll wait till i hear they dn't go rabid.
  19. Aneuren Tempered Steel

I've said this before in multiple threads, but Jain is a fair person and the forums he runs or moderates have historically been well-managed. I would not hesitate in vouching for either his character or his ability to run the forums. You should all check them out at least once, it wouldn't be the true TLP experience without it.
  20. Ello-prexus Journeyman

thought there would've been more activity on it