Ragefire Exceeded Expectations - What Now?

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, May 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baeddon Elder

Actually, yes. My [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] profile depends on /follow. A direct 1:1 broadcast of movement keys is too laggy to use effectively. So, I hit my follow key combo on my keyboard, which has all my other boxes target whatever screen I'm on (and I can switch on the fly), and hit the combo again to have it trigger my follow macro hotbutton (which usually is something like /stand, /camo-invis, /runAAorSpell, and /follow, depending on the specific class of that screen)

Also, if we're going to ban all third party programs, then we'll have to ban each account that uses Everquest in Windows, as Windows contains third party programs that run at the same time as Everquest which is technically against the EULA. In fact, Windows has third party programs that have a direct effect on Everquest itself. The first step to making it right is to ban all DirectX users. And anyone who uses any OS except EQOS.
  2. Ezeron New Member

Solution to fix the problem - drop the mage class, its overpowered and over played. Half the people on ragefire are mages. Every boxer I saw was a mage.
  3. ITPalg New Member

Botting (automated keystrokes without your presence) is not the same as multi-boxing (playing multiple accounts at the same time while at the computer).

People need to get that through their heads.

I don't want to play on servers while dual-BOXING with people like I see whining here and in the live stream yesterday.
  4. Flobot New Member

Kinda dumb to open a new server, that will be a ghost town in a few months AND instance the current server. Welcome to Fippy/Vulak 2.0, I may just make a 5 mage box setup on this new server to play when im bored and all the raid targets are dead on Ragefire. FYI to all the casuals...when you are about your server being dead in 3 months, and still can't get a raid mob, just remember you asked for it.
  5. Lejaun Augur

1400 on a server most of us have never wanted to touch because of virus concerns or the past of being an illegal server...yeah, seems pretty healthy and shows that a huge chunk of people would happily pay $$$ for a similar server on an official DBG server.
  6. Vanrau Augur

lol. They will never remove mages from the game or any other class. If you think things are bad now, wait until later expansions. It trades off between several classes.
    Mayfaire likes this.
  7. Lejaun Augur

It is. You can still play on Ragefire or every other server.
  8. Vasil Journeyman

Make it so boxing is limited/reduced/banned on LJ
  9. Lejaun Augur

And those same players could still keep on boxing on every other server. An investment company would probably quite enjoy being able to lure more people in to play on two dfferent TLP's: One that allows boxing (Ragefire) and one that can lure in more subscriptions of those who don't like it (Lockjaw).

Keeping the same boxing stance on both servers means you are just serving the exact same customers as before.
  10. Baeddon Elder

So let me get this straight. Lockjaw is already going to be a ghost town as agreed upon by the anti-boxing crowd. AND you want to ban boxing on it? Brilliant. As the person above stated, people should think before posting.

#VaccinesCauseAutism #HesGotTattoos #911WasAnInsideJob etc etc. *rolls eyes*
    Pukk likes this.
  11. TarewMarrForever Augur

No, removing /follow from new server is not acceptable to me, or many others, as /follow has legitimate uses other than boxing. My kids use it. Hell, I use it often in guild events to zones I don't know. Besides, it would not eliminate boxing. It would just make it harder.

Again, boxing isn't hurting anything unless they are perma-camping and plat farming, and that can be done by non-boxers as well.

You can't eliminate boxing. Besides, it is not in DBG's financial best interest in doing so. And has been stated over and over, boxing is not cheating if you are doing it manually, as I did for years.

If this is not acceptable to you, I suggest you unsub, an go to P1999. You are not the customer that DBG is catering to, clearly.
    Mayfaire and Baeddon like this.
  12. Lejaun Augur

It's odd that you say people should think before posting, and then you post. Seems counter-productive, really. It's fairly obvious from the demand on Ragefire that Lockjaw is not going to be a dead server for awhile. Even if boxing is allowed, it still becomes dead, so you aren't really gaining anything by keeping it the same, are you?

Same ruleset or different, that tends to be the result. The difference is that you can now draw in a new crowd of people who do like the idea of a non-boxing server while still maintaining the crowd that wants to box on Ragefire. I imagine DBG might be able to keep the subscriptions of more people who get turned off by the boxing armies who might otherwise cancel.

Two different customer bases to pull from (one server for boxers, one for non-boxers) beats one.

#WhatdoesrandomcraphavetodowithyourpostandEQ #Nothing #YoucanstillplayonRagefire etc etc *rolls eyes*
  13. Photo New Member

will you fix the venders on the other server, or is it not happening?
    Baeddon likes this.
  14. Baeddon Elder

Actually, in the REAL world, not the world we pretend exists on the forum, most boxers don't use /follow at all.. they use...we'll call it Like Follow. It would affect NOTHING. My hotbuttons do use /follow and I've been bothering devs and Holly on Twitter for a few months now to please expand /follow... eg make it tighter, more reliable, and usuable not just in group but in raid as well. Use Steam's strategy of fighting piracy: Make great games so affordable and easily accessible with as little B.S. as possible that people don't want to pirate games. Same here: make /follow good enough so there's one less reason for someone to use a certain cheat program. It's not like it's an unreasonable request. Let's be honest for a moment: many...and I do mean MANY of EQ's features in the last several years have come from exactly this. AdvLoot is the latest example.
  15. Lejaun Augur

Boxing is pretty bad on this server. If you don't think it is, you haven't spent enough time on it.

It absolutely is in DBG's financial interest to do this. As mentioned above, creating a clone of Ragefire means you still only draw in and keep the same customers you already have playing Ragefire. Creating a new ruleset that allows no boxing means you draw in and keep players who don't like boxing on Lockjaw, while you still keep the boxing population happy with Ragefire. Two different customer bases is better than one.
  16. Vanrau Augur

They won't ban boxing on Lockjaw. It doesn't make sense financially to ban a potential source of income from marketplace sales and subscriptions. The amount of people who would quit because boxing would be allowed on Lockjaw I think would be minimal and would be made up by boxers.
  17. TarewMarrForever Augur

>Enjoy the barren waste known as Lockjaw for those who plan on playing there.

I will! Can't wait! Make it a 12 month progression and you've got a real winner. I don't want to play with all the whiners anyway. My kids and I don't want to have to fight for camps. Make it 12 month and nobody will want to power-box it. It will become the server that so many 30 and 40-somethings returning to the game will want: a place where you can group up, level slowly, and not fight for xp or gear.
  18. Baeddon Elder

Cool. But it's still not going to happen. Ever. You nor any of the rest of the boxing crowd has given one legitimate reason for boxing to be disallowed. It all stems from jealousy. Banning boxing won't eliminate the problems anti-boxers are suggesting it causes. There will still be cheating, there will still be rudeness, there will still be anti-social behaviours, there will still be trains. These things will still happen and happen in equal parts.

If you don't like boxing, don't box. If you want an authentic experience from "Back in the day", go play P99 and stop whining here.
    Mayfaire and TarewMarrForever like this.
  19. Zechs Lorekeeper

Still a dumb idea. No matter how you slice it. Not just from a game perspective but even a legal perspective. You self righteous high horse clowns are rather ridiculous in your bid to FORCE people to play the way you want them to.
  20. Lejaun Augur

You mean that source of income that can still play on Ragefire? That source would still be available.

You certainly don't mean the group of people who would play on Lockjaw because of the ban on boxing. You know, that new group of people to get income from who don't enjoy the boxing nature of Ragefire.

Two different income sources are better than one.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.