ROSHEN, PLEASE READ

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Joshuada5566, May 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vaclav Augur

I group only with humans and I'll counter it just the same - for one the fact that I like to play with my wife would likely get impaired by it. Either because of IP limitations or because of the fact that she is terrible at navigating a handful of zones and it's more efficient to have her /follow me rather than micromanaging her across the house to get her to me. [Not to mention the convenience of "Hey guys, while we're moving - I'm going to use the bathroom, on /follow a sec"]

Every idea I've seen would impair legitimate players and not even harm the most negative players, those that use "the hack program" - since that one has it's own version of the follow command that ignores the server command. And for things like IP limits you've got VPNs and the like that can be set up in minutes.

Hurting legitimate players to end up doing nothing to the most negative players (while only harming the laziest ones of them) is not the appropriate way to fix the problem. Sorry.
  2. Hateseeker Augur

And you have to be able to go into those instances in order to kill the phers, which you can't do if you are stuck with a pickzone delay that's more than twice as long as their respawn timer.

And anticipating that you might be talking about spawns that don't require pher killing, for the most part those are raid mobs. For raids, even if they aren't instanced "on-demand", they at least need to set up a few extra fear/hate instances, even if they are capped at 4 each.

Can you cite any non-raid mobs that pop in days/weeks without placeholder killing? Are there more than just 2-3 sprinkled around; are you just talking about epic ground spawns or similar? I'm not saying there aren't any, but I can't think of any off-hand, and it is your argument to support with data.
  3. Rutaq New Member

The "everyone plays how they wants" is unobtainable.

For example...

1) The max grouping crowd wants a server of potential group mates, not people that are playing with themselves.

2) The competitive crowd want to fight against other players for limited content as they race for world firsts.

3) The PvP folks want to fight against other players.

4) The hardcore players want the original inventory drop on death and corpse runs

5) The impatient crowd wants faster progression

Instancing can't give everyone what they want and shouldn't, many of the playstyles are in direct conflict with each other and are not sustainable on the same server / economy.
  4. User Journeyman

even in the newb starting zones at launch there was like max of 3 or 4 instances ..
  5. MaestroM Augur

I've talked about this before at length and I can go through my post history and find the post if you are interested in a deeper discussion but gear saturation is not a problem in my opinion.

The economy argument is one I'm sympathetic to. People will have trouble getting a lot of plat because prices are depressed from lots of loot on the server is how it goes. Its the toughest argument against instancing i think. I just think benefits from instancing outweigh it for several reasons.

First, we're concerned about lower powered players who finally get the AC camp and want to sell their gatorscale leggings for a few thousand plat so they can go buy the thing that they can't get themselves. Seems like a knock-out argument if gatorscale are selling for 5p. Until you realize that with instancing, there's no reason that player can't go get what they want themselves.

If I want GEBs, I can form a group and go get them. Leveling isn't an impediment because due to instancing as mobs are no longer artificially restricted. Similarly, EXP accrues at a faster rate now and we can kill faster with our stronger characters. Like it or not you can be 40 in a weekend.

Second, lots of people get value of the "uniqueness" of their loot. That is to say, they get utility from them having something you don't. I don't think this is a very good argument
  6. Equality New Member

7. Vaclav Augur

Commonlands went over 10, Qeynos Hills went into a half dozen, GFay went over 5.

I'm not sure which server you were playing on, but those numbers don't mesh with Ragefire.
  8. Hateseeker Augur

Hasn't there been talk of a bug sometimes preventing instances going up?
  9. Vaclav Augur

No idea, I've been spending more time playing than forumquesting since launch until the official LJ announcement allowed me to dial play back yesterday.
  10. Jaxarale01 Augur

I respectfully disagree. You are taking many things completely out of context... lets examine those first.

1. You can pick the most crowded instance if you are this person so yes you can have what you want.

2. There are no world firsts... this is 15 year old content... that achievement was done many many many moons ago...

2a. Now if you mean server firsts then you have a point. That being said, uberguild01 uses a boxed toon and sets them in every instance to check spawns... then lootpinata01 spawns and the guilds all go for it. This seems painful to me but it would add another layer to the competing they love.

3. This is not a PVP server so that point is mute... your way out of context here.

4. Impatient crowd... again out of context. This is a max nostalgia server.

My idea is for this server as it was designed to give the biggest possible spread... not to remake it to PvP or 1 week progressions...
    Try and stay in the frame work of what we have and give feedback... dont try to change the context of what we have to shoot holes in ideas.

Tks
  11. Hateseeker Augur

In the post you're quoting he said impatient, but in his previous post he mentioned Kunark.

Assuming this is a reference to requesting a re-vote on starting with Kunark, requests for Kunark were to spread players out, not for impatience; totally separate issue.
  12. sniper New Member

Boxers are a blight to any game. They offer nothing to the community or fellow players. BAN THEM.
  13. Nolrog Augur

Stop with the boxer hate. There are already threads on this topic, there is no need to create another.
  14. Erutiarmy New Member

No when people feel like they are being attacked, it is human nature to defend themselves. Just like you feel boxers ruin your way of playing, you are trying to ruin their way of playing.
    Nolrog likes this.
  15. Jaxarale01 Augur

Lets discuss loot saturation and epics.

I have asked many times why allowing more than the people in uberguild01 to have the same loot is bad?
    There has been no reason except the "special snowflake" syndrome so if there is a viable reason please post it.

Epics everywhere...
    Back in 2001 or so I was in the 2nd or maybe 3rd guild on the server and everyone including alts had epics in all the top guilds. By Luclin you could not turn around without seeing everyone with them. Epics everywhere will happen so using it as a reason sort of fails

Epics are not hard... just time consuming. And if someone is willing to put in that time why limit them because some jackhole is holding xxxmob spawn and charging 50k for the ?

This reasoning just stuns me.

Economy: so what if there are 30 fbss trying to be sold? It drives the price down so more people can have them... how is that bad unless you invoke the " special snowflake rule?"

Vaclav... here comes one of your hated analogies!!!
    This argument is like the genius's that want min wage at 15 to work at McieD's. Sure they double your pay to 15... great. What you fail to recognize is that to do this... the dollar menu is now 2 dollars and a happy meal that was $5 is now $10.

What have accomplished? You pay more in taxes cause you make more but you have less money because of this seeing as to pay you all the businesses have had to up their prices to do so...

Talk about self delusions.
    MaestroM likes this.
  16. Templeton Augur

Not really.
    No IP blocks are needed... I don't get why people keep thinking that they would be.

Just put the policy in place, make it clear that breaking that policy will result in the banning of all involved accounts, and let the players report it when they see it.

In other words, just treat it like cheating, which it would be.
  17. Arrk Augur

Lol you know nothing User.... Gfay had 26 zones on launch day.
  18. Potsos76 Augur

I think they should go ahead and make this server with no multiple accounts for these huge cry babies. You can call it Ocean of Tears for obvious reasons.
  19. Gehlfein Elder

That's actually a stupid argument.

Boxers haven't done a damn thing for EQ over the years - EQ has been slowly dying for a decade. If boxers didn't exist, guess what? EQ would still be slowly dying for a decade. Some magic happened for Ragefire. WoW released one of the worst expansions ever and, right now, MMOers are *aching* for nostalgia.

Tens of thousands of people flocked to Ragefire, hoping to get a taste of it - it's a real taste MMOers have right now and it was genius to hype nostalgia at this time.

Boxers - you're truly out of your minds if you think the fact you freeloaded on a f2p game for a couple of years is going to be the reason they don't cater to this unprecedented and shocking flood of new subscribers.

Not saying they'll ban boxing outright, but I don't doubt they've increased sales/revenue by about 10x this month. That isn't just a spike they're content to let fade away if they can help it... and it seems, based on feedback, the one thing they could do to keep people renewing is give a firm blow to boxing. Remember, takes only 2 minutes to disable autofollow - and if they decide that move makes them more money, c'est la vie.
  20. Jaxarale01 Augur

Good post but one error.
    All disabling auto follow does is stops the legit boxers (2-3) that alt tab. The bot boxes that are the problem have a program that you do not need /follow

I
    Damn... I have forgotten its name... anyone remember it?

Point is boxboting wont be fixed by what you suggest.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.