LockJaw Confirmed.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Adam of Ragefire, May 26, 2015.

1. Massimo_Bertoxx Augur

Right, but they didn't merge the last two, no? By "two" I meant pair.

I played on Combine but skipped the last ones, which is why I ask.
  2. Freki Augur

they said that lockjaw will have the same rule set as ragefire. thus 6 months there too!!!!!
  3. Ishbu Augur

Can someone please explain how splitting the population in half AND instancing a bunch of zones is a good thing? You can already go get whatever camp you want in the newbie zones that are instanced, adding more to other zones just keeps that through the whole game. It might as well be offline and single player with instancing.
  4. Diemond Augur

Correct Fippy and Vulak are still seperate servers due to the code not matching they were unable to merge them they did at one point offer character transfers at cost when they should have just moved all characters over for free.
  5. TheBlaz New Member

Adding another server *will* help the overpopulation issue, and I would imagine a lot of people will switch to play on the new Lockjaw server when it opens. The problem is, the new 'race to 50' will be on and the boxers that were already at 50 and beat Vox and Naggy will try to do it again.

I understand the desire to get to max level or be the first to kill endgame content before anyone else, but in my opinion you should only have that opportunity once per new progression servers. DBG should limit you to one of the servers. For example, if you are playing on Ragefire and you elect Ragefire to be your home, you wouldn't be able to create and play a character on Lockjaw unless you 'deactivate' your character/login status on Ragefire. Everyone at first should have the ability to switch if they want to, but you only get 1 free switch. Also, (after your initial choice of 'home' progression server) I would add that if you are above level 25 with a character, you would become bound to the server. This may help to keep boxers on one server or another.. or at least spread them out.

As a former boxer (I used to 8 box), I fully understand the effects of boxing on the community. I enjoyed boxing, but I always tried to stay away from camps/zones where real grouping was taking place. It is doubtful that DBG will restrict boxing, but perhaps they will implement a strategy that will make EQ as fun as it should be for the non-boxers.
  6. Massimo_Bertoxx Augur

Possibly good in theory but it will never work in practicality. People can just get new accounts to circumvent the lockout.
  7. TheBlaz New Member

Sorry, I meant to add that it would be restricted by IP, not by just a character. So, essentially when a character on an account hits 25, the associated account and associated IP would be locked in to that TLP server. There would of course be networking ways around this... there always are, but it is feasible. Not likely they would go to that much effort to lock things down, however.
  8. Massimo_Bertoxx Augur

I highly doubt it, too. Can you imagine the headache implementing such a thing would be?

Plus, and I'm making a generalization here and those aren't always sound, of course, but in my experience the type of people who are hardcore griefer types are also adept at using proxies and the like to get around IP limitations. It's just what they do. LOL

On a lighter note, are you the same Blazz that played a shaman on bertoxx back in the day?
  9. Roccodundee New Member

This good news, I just want to play!
  10. velious916 Journeyman

Great news !!! Im keeping my sub !
  11. velious916 Journeyman

Can this server be Like Firona Vie with the ONE CHARACTER per account on server, but make it, One IP Per server. All the boxers can box together and have a great box life on ragebox.
  12. Prymal Journeyman

Make a second clustered server that can be expanded or reduced based on demand.
    Put in tag code for mobs, so first hit, claims XP - Fixes the KS rubbish we have seen, or at least helps.
    Make Ragefire a boxing server.
    Make new server a 1 player server with a clear rule-set and a server function to record and submit, then police it.
    Single IP rule wont work as more than one person in a family plays.
    Q system that allows play on another server and pops up a window asking you if you want to join your original Q.
  13. Sheaffer Augur

When discussing the idea of a new prog server people kept saying how making it slow would eliminate the rushers and hardcore elites because they wouldn't be interested...see how well that worked out? The next server won't be any different.
  14. Sheaffer Augur

I'm not sure what you think this would accomplish. If you can't beat one guy controlling multiple characters you defintiely can't beat four of these guys actually playing them.