Enchanters : Current patch

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Bronut, May 25, 2015.

1. Slasher Augur

rofl. There is NO trade off to the point that would be noticeable on a random parse. You sir have no clue wth you're talking about at all.

TDS base AC on raid mobs is WAYYYYy higher compared to previous raids there is nothing in tank/dps gear that changes that or helps. They raised AC with a short sighted view of making the raid harder but not realizing the consequences of that to melee dps.
    Brogett likes this.
  2. Reval Augur

This seems like a popular point, why don't we make a different thread about it? That seems more organized.

I created one.
    Motherlee likes this.
  3. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Yeah...those pet classes sure don't have to make any hard choices between tank or dps. No sir!
    Phrovo1 likes this.
  4. Regnad Journeyman

I really don't understand why they nerfed azure crystals. They made enchanters useless after a couple of deaths during raids. Arx Mentis raids require enchanters for cc. We can't cc or buff the dead without mana. We're suck sitting in a corner trying to med while the raid wipes due to no cc.
  5. Sancus Augur

Because you could spam them for unlimited mana...
    Phrovo1 and Silv like this.
  6. McDougal Augur

Uh Oh now you got Reg mad. :)
  7. Silv Augur

O rly?! :p
    Sancus and Iila like this.
  8. Brogett Augur

What stats? My magelo isn't automatically updates so is typically out of date, but I have ALL my items as "most beneficial for rogues" with the occasional "most beneficial for berserker". My augs are mix a of heroic dex and more recently changing them to heroic str. Dex is good for crit rate, but with the AC hike I've been going more STR to boost my attack. I also obtained several type 3 attack augs from LDoN raids specifically to boost attack futher.

My sole aim in game is DPS, DPS and *MOAR DPS*. My guildies will tell you with glee that sometimes this is over and above everything else including my survivability. ;-)

If by stats you mean parses - been there and done hundreds on the matter. I know how the enc in my guild work and what they're capable of. Eg on the last AH raid Efreeti burn the top enc did ~110-120k DPS from recollection. The time before that (prior to the haze change) one hit 150K. So yes they took a significant hit, but it's still respectable. For TDS events, it's harder to judge as often the fights are all over the shop, but the second golem in TDS#2 and the 2nd one off (Vitio) are good single target fights. On both of those our highest enchanter came in at 11th overall on the parse. Significantly below 100k, but then again so are many of the melee dps.

So yes, "you know nothing!". (Reval - that's a Game of Thrones quote and not really a personal attack.)
  9. segap Augur

Then get better/more healers or different tactics. My guild beat every Arx raid post patch without a single wipe. We only had 2 enchanters and they never complained about mana. There never should have been endless, free mana. It was cheesy. Having a way to give yourself a reserve for later use is handy. The recast might be a bit overboard if the cost/return is balanced.
    Silv likes this.
  10. Koryu Professional Roadkill

Found your problem. If you have on-demand runes for melee, nukes, and DoTs, why are you dying so often?
    Phrovo1 and Sheex like this.
  11. Ronthorn Oakenarm Augur

I think part of the AC increase was to make Attack buffs more important, as they were doing next to nothing before this (AC increase was not the way to go though, as they should have just added something to the attack buffs to make them more useful). It was Dev Logic which is not very good Logic!
    Silv likes this.
  12. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

I'm going with user error for 600, Alex.
  13. Legion New Member

Before I start, not here to cry about the end of the bug that existed, seen charm go. shakerpaging go, harmo arrow go, headshot go, beaming go twice, nerfs come over and over to the game to name a few.

I Came to check if anyone else had noticed that the haze nerf, as any other nerf swong faaaar wide.

I thought a haze proc would yield a crit, 30%ish= not 100% as it states (broken)

3%increase proc rate , is that about 1/12.5 nuke chance, cause it sure isnt that by a long shot even chain nuking (broken), 13nukes times3 sec cooldown timer =49s of nothing but casting nukes

patch stated it was proccing at lvl 1 and taken to lvl 6, even with the very far and few procs, its harder to monitor, it appears that if it was 1 somehow its even below 1, the few times ive seen a crit they are consistently lower than anything I had seen b4

So 1)the AA doesnt create a crit like its supposed to, 2)appears to crit less often than before, and 3) IS critting for less when it actually crits

Just curious if this reality is the actual intention or just a whoops
    Motherlee likes this.
  14. Sancus Augur

15. Dzarn Developer

I spent a fair bit of time poking at the code to find out why Chromatic Haze was not increasing the player's crit rate. It ultimately came down to the order of events that take place when you 'cast a spell'.

1. You have the buff Chromatic Haze on you: SPAs 1-4 are focus effects to increase the base damage of a nuke spell by 350%, slot 10 is the SPA that increases your chance to critically cast any spell [a 1-100 roll].

2. You press the spell gem to cast a nuke spell

3. The server confirms you can cast this spell so it allows you to start casting.

4. The focus system looks at your items, your AAs and your buffs to determine things such as spell range, mana cost, damage increase %, casting time.

5. The focus system sees that you have a buff that increases your base damage by 350% and registers that buff as being used to focus your nuke spell.

6. Because Chromatic Haze has a limit use type of 7 [eat a charge when this buff focuses a spell] and a limit use count of 1 the system at this point erases the buff from your character because it has successfully applied the 350% base damage increase to your nuke.

7. The spell system having applied the base damage focus effect to the spell moves onto the next step where it rolls your chance to critically nuke and it asks how much of the critical nuke % chance SPA you have. <- Here's the problem; by the time we ask this question the system has already eaten your buff because you've expended the final charge of the limit use of the buff.

8. The system rolls your chance to crit the spell based on your SPA total without Chromatic Haze (in this example a level 105 wizard with max AAs, no items and no buffs has a 41% chance to crit.)

9. You either roll a successful crit or don't and the spell then is applied to your target.

This same bug comes into play for the final charge of the buff Frenzied Devastation and ultimately any buff on its final charge that has a focus effect as well as other effects.

I hope to be able to address this bug by adjusting the spell system to temporarily store the other SPAs on buffs that have focus effects that are consumed with the final cast so that things such as the crit % chance SPA remains in your character's effect totals until the spell is actually applied to the target. That change is not entirely trivial so it will probably require some iteration and review on the code side. I am not yet able to provide an estimate as to when this fix will be implemented, but it is a bug that we understand the root cause of now.
    Yinla, Mintalie, Iila and 23 others like this.
  16. Warpeace Augur

Talk about an excellent walk through of the issue. Nice Dzarn hope you can get them fixed soon.
  17. Mugsie Elder

Thank you very much.
    Mugs
  18. Slasher Augur

That sounds awesome maybe it will get fixed now. How about after that you look into the bug of why melee dps is trash because that has to be a bug. :) Yes I brought it up.
  19. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

I see what you did there. Is trash a technical term, good sir? =P
  20. porky Augur

Thanks Dzarn look forward to a fix!

But it also needs to proc off all detrimental spells over 85 not just direct damage spells.
    Repthor and Ferry-Tunare like this.