Assuming DBG opens a second server: would you really go?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Wichie Wtf, May 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dabrixmgp Augur

didnt they do this before with Fippy and then before that, Combine? And didnt the other server turn into a complete ghost town after a few weeks?
  2. MMOer Augur

Nope, it would be a ghost town and die in a month and everyone who when there to get the name they missed on on the first, second, and third time would then cry loud for a server merge.

Its a bad idea. Deal with the queue.
  3. MMOer Augur

IF they were going to do a second server they should have opened it on release. It would just be a freaken mess now and destroy the game. Rather have a packed server than two ghost towns in a year.
  4. Gremin Augur

One of the reasons the last set of progression servers died so fast is due to the fact that SOE got hacked and both progression servers took a big hit to its population...vulak got hit harder due to the fact it was a smaller population.
    Festino and MMOer like this.
  5. Dartaniun Augur

Would reroll in a heartbeat if it means no waiting in the Q
  6. UnnamedPlayer Elder

No real incentive for me to move. I'm pretty sure the queue will be significantly reduced or even completely gone after a week or two.
  7. jmsgalla Journeyman

Honestly, I don't care who is killing what. I just want to be able to play the game I am paying for and have a good time. Let the firsts go to those who work for it. I don't have time for that anymore. I just need enough mobs to keep my and my group (hoping I could find one) busy wherever we are.

A second server should get me that so I'm am all for it.

I'm home from work and another day I'm staring at the server select screen waiting for the queue. Chances are I won't get to play again today.
  8. Massimo_Bertoxx Augur

I just got in after waiting 10 mins. It's supposed to be first come first served but it appears it might not be?
  9. jmsgalla Journeyman

It's not. My wife queued up about 25 minutes before me the other day and I managed to get in first. She didn't get in before we ran out of time for gaming.
  10. TuucanTM_ED New Member

Very few of y'all complaining about no mobs to kill, everything being camped and raid mobs already being locked down obviously have no recollection of classic EQ or the following expansions. At all.

Naggy, Vox, PoF, PoH and PoS were locked down once everyone got to 50. I was on TM's first kill for all of the major bosses and I was only a 38 druid at the time. Top guilds could have one person checking spawns, and when anything popped the raid force would be ready in 15 minutes tops with people logging on from being asleep. Guilds literally raced to EVERYTHING all the time, there was nothing available. People locked down every good named camp etc for years.

This is how it was. This is what happened, and a lot of people back then ran multiple computers with multiple characters too. I remember on TM before Kunark that I could run a level 1 toon all over Lguk and never die, because nothing was alive. Ever.

Kunark opened up the game to allow more places over all levels, the overwhelming majority with no memory of pre-kunark play voted for this. Y'all made your bed and unfortunately I've got to sleep in it too, but that doesn't mean I need to sit by and be quiet while people complain about it.

The worst attitudes I've seen have been on this forum with nothing but complaints. I swear to Christ it's like Battle.net all over again. You want instanced dungeons? Instanced raid mobs? I hear WoW has just what you want.
  11. Ltldogg Augur

It wasn't a few weeks, but after SoV, which is why I would like a Time Locked server that opens with Classic + Kunark + SoV
  12. Banuvan Augur

Nope. There is nothing to prove that the same issues wouldn't be prevalent on the second server as well.
  13. Warlorf Augur

Its not TL I have an issue with, ALOT of them are really nice players. Its the /anon boxed groups im having issue with.

FIRST let me explain what I mean. The boxed pair or trio that will have you along and RESPECT others camps im ok with. The ones that 6 man mage/necro/chanter/ WTF group who rolls into a camp regardless of who is camping a gear piece or farming exp and just says "try to out DPS us" is the issue I have.

I 4 box on test .. im a boxer, but on Rage I have respect for not only myself but others in game and roll with 1 .. single ... toon .. hard to believe I know but I expect nothing less from pimple faced pepsi drinking 30 yr olds in moms basement spending the welfare cheques on 6 EQ subscriptions ..
  14. Maxium Dualblade Elder

Amen TuucanTM_ED!

Our guild had a phone list and password list of everyone's characters. We'd be getting phone calls in the middle of the night to wake up and get on for Vox. Every camp that had anything worth dropping was nearly perma-camped.

Whether some of these players want to admit it or not, they have gotten so comfortable with today's modern MMORPG play style of leveling quickly, gearing quickly, and getting to the end as fast as possible. It's not just from World of Warcraft, it's every MMORPG in the last 8 or 9 years.

Everquest took FOREVER to do anything, get anything and be anything. And it took a lot of grinding, alot of patience, and a lot of hard work. Ever heard the term "poop socking"?

This is a complete care bear server on what I was expecting. No coin weight? LOL No corpse runs? ROFL No Hell Levels? LMAO Your mage pets steam rolling everything? I think you get where I'm going with this.

If you could have seen the forums back then, you wouldn't see any of this complaining. I'll give you the que times. Everything else, you honestly don't have any idea what things were like 16 years ago. Nice job on all your votes though. Don't complain over something you voted for. Unless it's against the President of the United States.
    Warlorf likes this.
  15. Warlorf Augur

I have a feeling if mage pets were scaled back like they were back then, 1/2 the server would quit in a second
  16. fazool Augur

Never mind....

My post about DBG having an excellent opportunity to make things right was removed.

Roshen just posted that they will be making an identical server to RF so another squandered opportunity.
  17. Adam of Ragefire Lorekeeper

I'm on the first train out of RageFire.
    Smell ya'll later.
  18. fazool Augur

Not anymore. I just read Roshen's post that it will be just another RF. Simply the same terrible ruleset but just spreading the population out. An absolutely squandered opportunity to make things right.
  19. Rutaq New Member

Given the current demand and nasty queue times I don't think there is much evidence to support the population dying off quickly. But if that was the case then merge the two servers as soon as that happens.
  20. Roshen Brand Manager

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.