Could we get a server wide buff to monsters?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Rothj, May 25, 2015.

1. Rothj Augur

I think this game would be a lot more fun if it was more challenging, atm it's super casual mode and that's the only thing ruining it for me. Like with all these modern changes eq would be a good game if you just buffed the monsters to make them difficult and I'd still enjoy it, even wow isn't this easy.
    MBear, Fallfyres and yellowzombie like this.
  2. Nolrog Augur

You had to make another thread? Couldn't you have added this into the other one you made complaining about regen being too fast, heals being too powerful and players not taking damage?
  3. Mardy Augur

Maybe don't play one of the over beefed up classes? I don't remember dying to a single mob lvl 1-20 in WoW, but here I've died at lvl 1 and lvl 2.

Server wide buffs to monsters won't change a thing, other than to create grief for those playing not-so-op classes.
  4. Aaramis Augur

Let me guess, OP, you play a mage?
  5. Oberon Augur

Quarm the hardmode server
  6. Glistarian Augur

We need an ironman server. Perm-death. That would shut people up about end zone crowding.
    Batbener likes this.
  7. Aenoan Augur

We call that Hardcore in some games, like PoE and Diablo franchise and I would gladly play on that server if it was in EQ.
  8. EQ_Scotty Journeyman

While I do agree the game is far easier than it ever was, please understand that this is simply a progression server. It's not a classic experience, we're just simply using the mechanics as they currently are and playing through all the expansions over again. Nothing more. I'm having a great time even though it's a breeze when in comparison to my memories from 99-2001.

Do I think DBG should make a classic sever? Absolutely. Look at how much money they could make if it was truly like P99.
  9. O_Castitatis_Lilium Lorekeeper

Following the same rules that Project 1999 has, people would flood it. Unfortunately P99 would be out of business, but people would absolutely love that. Maybe, and I probably sound super crazy, but maybe that would partner up with the people at P99 and have it where they provide a copy of the game needed, charge people for it or have it be an all access only thing to get, and then have it where they can go to P99. Maybe even pay the people from there too to run the server? I don't know, theorizing on my end I guess. That way they don't have to make a server, they already have all the rules and staff in place, the only thing that DBG would have to do is pay them and pay for the server, they woudl even make money off of selling titanium editions once again.
  10. Rythorn New Member

I'm sure they could partner and allow the server to be shown on the live server list. But that would require a seperate patch. Or giving the P99 devs access to a source package to have it stable for current patches. That would be awesome.
  11. O_Castitatis_Lilium Lorekeeper

I don't know how that would go though, They don't patch the game for a reasonbecause they want original stuff. So having it stable for patching, might mess up the game...not sure though, I don't really do computer stuff lol.
  12. rune00 Augur

Why don't you just kill mobs that are 10 levels higher than you? Problem solved. If you don't die fast enough to those just do 12 levels higher, there is no one forcing you to kill mobs that are too easy for you.
    Glistarian likes this.
  13. Glistarian Augur

LOL. You mean...a player could change the way they play and solve the problem for themselves????
    rune00 likes this.
  14. namad New Member

a game being ten times too easy isn't a problem that's easily fixed by playing horribly so you stop winning so easily.... I mean... have you ever played games?
  15. Batbener Augur

I asked for an Ironman PvP server back in 2002.
  16. Steampunk Augur

This is a game? OMG!! The way everybody was crying, I thought it was real life and death!
  17. Lord Binky Elder

Sounds like a good way to make the class balance issues even worse!
  18. Greymere Augur

perma death PvP servers usually just turn into group zergs and trains to wipe out other groups and grief them to the point there is no incentive to ever start a new character there and they just die off in population fast
  19. Invictvs Augur

20. MBear Augur

You guys are hardcore. I think about as far as I would be willing to go is to lose a full level at any death with no rezzes allowed.