New Queue System is LIVE!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, May 23, 2015.

1. Shameless New Member

I guess I am confused. I signed up again just to play on this new server. First we lose any ability to call customer support. Now, paying players have to wait, in many cases over an hour, to be allowed to play the game, that they paid to play. And people are saying this is better than it was? Why is this acceptable? It's great that Daybreak is putting out new content/server, but why bother if we can't get to it, or they can't support the customer service. It's like buying phone service, and when you want to make a call they say " in an hour and a half your call can be placed" but if your call gets dropped you have to wait another hour and a half.
    Hinanar likes this.
  2. EZPZ New Member

Must add rainbow wheel to queue.
  3. Hinanar New Member

There was no queue function in 1999. Why would you even bother lying about playing a game when you didn't?

People clicked connect so much back then when ATM's still relied on dial up that they crashed the banking industry on the west coast and Sony got fined for NOT having a queue.
  4. Dorigen Lorekeeper

Cool idea.

Could we get RageFire2 (PvP)
    EZPZ likes this.
  5. EZPZ New Member

6. Hinanar New Member

Get ideas to make non-tedious content? From WoW? A game whose whole mechanic is to jam 12 buttons as fast as you can and not stand on AoEs, and has remained with that mechanic since day 1 release.
  7. Kolani Augur

It also has more mechanics than "inflate hp, make mobs hit like trucks" which is all EQ has been since VoA.
  8. Crumm Lorekeeper

You guys are professional game developers, so you don't need me to say this. But I'm going to just to make sure.

1-2 hour login wait times are not OK.
    The queue system is not a solution, it's a temporary stopgap.
    Please let us know that you're working on a permanent fix.
    Zaztur likes this.
  9. Stones New Member

While the team did a great job trying to correct things and the queue is a great idea, it doesn't work for me and my friend. We've had to separately wait on each other for an hour or so the past few days for us to both get in. We have limited windows to play EQ at the same time due to real life responsibilities and we were really looking forward to playing here. I was really supportive of the team early on but something has to be done. Waiting in a queue for an hour plus is no fun at all. Please open another server...whether you have to merge Fippy and Vulak or even Trakanon, just do something.
  10. Gknight Journeyman

Population will decline over time.
    By the time scheduled raids come into play (PoP i think?) there shouldn't be a long que then.
    Hope they do NOT open a new server, so that this one stays populated in zones.
    I know lots of people are complaining about the population, but let me tell you from experience, its better to have a overloaded server than to have a dead one.
    Dalai likes this.
  11. creepn New Member

I just have to say this que you put in suck's i was in que at one point for over 3 hours....enter server again 3 times in a row and went right in.....if what you say is true i should have been put back at the back of que for clicking again....something is broken here
  12. Piranor New Member

I wish you had never done this Queue system. I never waited more than 10 minutes before it and now I wait for 1 hour +. Don't tell me it works as intended. I had a friend over the phone connect to the queue AFTER me and he got in 30 minutes BEFORE me.

Please make sure a system is not broken before using it.
  13. Mwsupra New Member

I'm not saying that waiting an hour to get in the game is acceptable, but it is better than waiting an hour to get in while spending that hour clicking hundreds of times. If raising the server cap isn't an option right away, it would certainly be better if there was some sort of queue number or wait time. It wouldn't stop all the complaining, but it would at least allow us to see something tangible that tells us, as an estimate, how long we might have to wait.

Be patient guys, there is a lot of Ragefire hype right now and I'm (hoping) it will die down a little. What would REALLY be a cool move by DBG is if they gave all of us some free all access days for the rocky start!
  14. Piranor New Member

Well, Mwsupra, it never took me more than a few minutes by spam clicking. Way more "acceptable" than an hour long + queue.
  15. COMEON New Member

Are you kidding daybreakers i have been wating for well over a hour to log in who in the world has that kid of time to wait to start playing a game most of us have jobs and lives. Start a new server or raise the max why up. If one of the server startes to die later you merge then its not hard. I mean come on this que bs is horrible do something for people who has been playing this damn game for years instead of ruining it
  16. Piranor New Member

What I don't understand is how these 6 boxers manage to get 6 players ingame when we can't get our solo account in.
  17. Mwsupra New Member

I think some people were faster than others. There were some things you could do if you utilized the keyboard to spam it faster. I just know some people had been reporting sometimes up to an hour of clicking. They probably weren't too fast, but this queue system now puts everyone on the same playing field (IF its working as intended).

Good question, but it's probably b/c they were able to log in earlier and just stayed logged in. Maybe they took the week off, I don't know. In the morning I get right in, no delay.
  18. Piranor New Member

19. coastaleagle New Member

whats with the queue times I was just in queue for 3 hours and 45 minutes and didn't get in.

decided to change computers and that it might be bugged so i just reset the queue on a diff pc.
  20. Zaztur New Member

I understand the queue setup, it doesn't change the problem. You can't have paying players sitting around for a hour+. It doesn't much matter right now gamewise since i'm lvl 5 but what will happen when guilds start wanting to do stuff?

Having to wait these times isn't going to work for guilds. You really need to instance way more or open a 2nd server. I mean really, a queue isn't the answer. How long do you think will play this way?