Waiting in Queue a few thoughts on the mind

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Amadagu, May 24, 2015.

1. Amadagu New Member

I have been reading the threads and I am confused.

If a group has already killed Naggy, Vox and Phinny how does that cause a negative affect to those of us under 40 (most of the server is under 25)? Item monopolization? Owning the mobs at respawn? Triggering server progression before you are ready?

People are freaking out about a perception of loss, not a real loss. That perception is why people are so emotional. I hear you talking about what happened on Fippy and the other responses of terrible people in a guild. All once again emotional I know I am going to get blasted for this, but I am going to make my points anyway.

16(18?) people killed Naggy, Vox and Phinny. That is approximately .3 % of the population. For the sake of argument lets bump that to 1%. Okay lets be very nice and bump it to 400 people aka 10% (although I saw reports of over 5k). Tell me 90% of those remaining (which I am certainly one with my level 5 due to struggles getting in and cox having issues this weekend as well) what just changed in your world? What changed in your attempts to log into the server? Waiting in queue or killing your low level mob/camp etc? Without regard to where you stand in the bot/no bot stance, can you honestly say your world has changed or is it you have bought into the fear you have somehow missed out on something? I recommend you take some time and make the game move at your pace and enjoy what is around you. If you want to level fast, you have to determine to follow the same methods as those that have already done it and provide the same level of commitment. You haven't done that so what again in your world is ruined?

The fear of items getting monopolized and having stupid prices one them is going to happen now or later. It always happens because some people just have more time or more dedication to get it done. It is actually part of diversity. Name me ANY server in ANY game that hasn't had issues of item monopolization when they have items that are free trade to others (aka not account/character bound). I remember in original EQ spending days/weekends any time I could to get the pieces I wanted. Sometimes I succeeded, sometimes I didn't. But my success was always based on time and effort. There is a message there.

Racing to mobs is an important piece to sandbox games. There isn't equality. There never has been. I remember racing CiH and losing... ALOT. Once they had their fill they moved on and suddenly we were at it again. All of us raced against the Asian region populace due to server resets. Yet on the same coin I and others were able to hold / keep and regularly raid fear/hate and air. Later years (/hats off GOTK) racing others and having to work a diplomatic game with them. My point, racing is part of this game and world. Its changing is what created a "want" for what we have now. Stop asking for it to be removed.

But Ama, they will trigger server progression before we are ready! Seriously? Are ready for Kunark? Are you ready to take on that end game? You do realize it opens up more for you. What about all the wannabe iksars? What about the influx of new areas and drops? The chances of you getting the first kill on content died the moment you weren't willing to give up every waking moment to put in dedication and effort the less than 1% give. Let is go.

Stop getting fired up about something that is actually part of EQ, has been a part of EQ and will remain a part of EQ. We have an opportunity once again to create a community of good bad and ugly. We are focusing so much on the ugly we are 100% skewed on the good and bad.

Meh I have rambled on long enough as I wait in queue. Time to keep reading my book whiel I wait more.
  2. Darkening Lorekeeper

3. Lord Binky Elder

a lot of people are natural doom and gloom spazzes. I hate those people.
  4. Liquid Augur

I want to group with this type of person. Maturity 101! Thank you my friend!